Somerford House & Place of Newark

4175 Ogletown Road, Newark, DE, 19713

Reviews of Somerford House & Place of Newark

February 23, 2016

By Jackie121162750

The food at Somerford House and Place of Newark is pretty good. The staff was very nice during my visit. They have activities for men and women, like cards, bingo, and music, and go out on trips to WalMart or to lunch at different places. They sometimes go to the casino. I would like them to take the visitors on a tour of the entire facility and not just the apartments and the dining room.

Thank you for taking the time to tour Somerford House and Place of Newark and we are glad to hear you liked our community. We would like to invite you back to explore more of our community, have lunch in our beautiful dining room and talk to some of our wonderful residents about life at at Somerford House and Place of Newark.

August 12, 2015

By Sabra1

Mom is in Somerford House. It is closest to our home. One of the things we like is the cleanliness and the appearance of the place. It was very nice and clean. There are a lot of residents sitting in the common area, and everything is well-maintained. My mom has dementia issues, and instead of having one large dining area that sometimes can be a little overwhelming, they have a smaller dining area for 15 people, and that appealed to us. We have lunch there with my mom, and the food is very good. They have a menu, so the residents can choose their own meals. There are a lot of entrees. They make homemade soup and homemade desserts every day. Everything is very good and presented very nicely. The staff speaks to the residents by name. They have 4 or 5 things for her to do. They have arts and crafts, bingo, and bocce ball. They also have exercise programs. They have different ones for different days.

March 10, 2015

By Joan97017050

I went to Somerford House & Place Newark. It was very nice. It was clean and organized. I saw some of the people, and they were very nice. They were trying to help you up.

July 20, 2014

By Amy26

We have placed my dad in Somerford Place. He has been there for three weeks, and we are very pleased with it. They are very friendly and accommodating. Everything my dad needs, he asks for, and they are right there with it.

March 27, 2014

Somerford House was nice but I wasn't as impressed by it. It could be that we were going on a Saturday and the lady that showed us around was shutting up the food facility so she might not have known. She was very nice and we had a nice visit there. The rooms were a little smaller but it was just assisted living. It was very homey. The dining facilities were small rooms. It was maybe four or five people per room so that each little section had its own little dining room. Mom liked it. She had a friend who lived there and she was very impressed by it. It was a few years old but I thought they kept it up nicely. There were more people sitting around in their wheelchairs in some of the open areas. They had a bingo game going on also the one time I was there.

September 25, 2013

By Susan65078150

The staff at Somerford were very good and helpful. They had a lot of activities. The food was great. However, the room that my parents were staying now was bigger than the rooms in Somerford.

May 11, 2013

By Charlotte7

Somerford House doesn't provide the medical care in between but it does have the Alzheimer's care. You would have to go somewhere for other kinds of care you need. I don't think their setup is what my uncle needs right now because I'd rather he stay in the same place. Regarding activities, it's nice that residents also go out on all kinds of trips.

Photos of Somerford House & Place of Newark

Services & Amenities of Somerford House & Place of Newark

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6665/month

About Somerford House & Place of Newark

Somerford House & Place of Newark offers compassionate senior care in Newark, DE. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Somerford House & Place of Newark shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Newark, DE.

Map of Somerford House & Place of Newark