Atria West 86

333 West 86th Street, New York, NY, 10024

Reviews of Atria West 86

ljoandob August 09, 2015

This is a substandard facility. There is no service elevator so garbage and dirty laundry are packed into four small elevators along with service people. The elevators always break down and can barely hold a few people. The housekeeping is minimal, largely making beds and emptying trash; dust and dirt accumulate everywhere and bathrooms always smell like urine even after being "cleaned." Transportation is always booked and it is hard to get a cab on 86th west of West End. The lobby is filled with caregivers sitting around talking. It is a dark, depressing, exorbitantly expensive place. My parents were there for three months and boy am I glad that I moved them out.

Your frustrations are concerning to me and I've shared these comments with our leadership. I'd like to help and invite you to share anything else with me directly by sending me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Wiz August 01, 2015

Atria West 86 (senior assisted living facility) located at 333 West 86th St., NYC is an overpriced and overcrowded dump. Expect to be greatly overcharged on the monthly rent and all other services. The food is sub-standard and institutional grade. There is no cooking done on the premises, only the reheating of frozen foods. The building is infested with mice and water bugs. There are frequent breaks of water pipes and flooding of the residents apartments. The small elevators cannot handle the amount of residents with wheelchairs and walkers. It is typical to wait for an elevator over 30 minutes during meal times. The place is a fire trap. There has been several past fires in the building. The small stairwells are not sufficient to handle the amount of people living there in the event of an emergency. I don't know why the NYC Fire Department and Building department hasn't closed the place down.

I’m sorry to learn about you and your mom’s frustrations. We strive to provide a quality living experience for all of our residents and their families. I’m sorry that you didn’t meet your expectations. If you have anything else to share about your experience, I invite you to send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Caring105930550 February 11, 2015

Atria West 86 is beautiful. They had a coffee room that was open all the time. They served some coffee like a little café. I couldn't go there anyway because they said you have to be ambulatory. It is also extremely expensive. I liked their rooms. These were old hotels, so it was entirely different. It was very nice as well. They brought me up to the roof. They have a roof deck that has a beautiful view. They showed me everything like the hair salon. I went in a Sunday afternoon so there wasn't much going on, but they did show me their room where they show movies.

Carrie15 November 29, 2014

My father is in the Atria. The location is good. It’s not too large. I like that it’s very well maintained. They have a lot of services for my dad and activities to keep him busy and stimulated. The rooms are really nice. The staff are very personable, reaching out, very engaging with my father, and professional but very nice. They’re very accessible by phone. Anytime I call them, there’s always somebody who answers the phone, and they’re very prompt to meet his needs.

Caring96798850 November 01, 2014

I thought Atria West was the most comprehensive in terms of food choices and amenities, but it was very busy. It could have been busy at that time because we went there at lunch time and also the one or two of their elevators were under repair. Again, they had great menus and food choices. However, their studio apartments weren't spacious enough. Also I think it is the most expensive place I visited, but they did offer a lot in terms of amenities. And it was extremely clean. At that time, I liked the presentation. The staff showed me a lot, and she answered my questions. In terms of the tour, it was one of the better tours.

Caring89883350 August 26, 2014

Atria West 86 was very nice. Yes, they had activities and there was a recreational area. I think their rooms were nicer. It was newer and fresher. They have nice staff who are very accommodating. The place was very clean.

Caring20931650 May 30, 2014

My mother-in-law is at Atria West 86. They maintain the place very nicely, and it's very clean. The rooms were nice. She loves the food, and she is happy with that. I think the staff are friendly and respectful, although I don’t know much about them. Some things they are good at, and there are things that they are not good at. At the time when we were moving in, there was a lot of miscommunication going on with the staff.

We appreciate and value your feedback of our community. It is lovely to hear that your mother-in-law is happy with the food and our wonderful staff. I apologize for any miscommunication during her move-in and sincerely hope those concerns have been resolved. If we can be of further help to your family, please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and if you include "Atria West 86" in your subject line, we will quickly be able to include the right people in the correspondence. Thank you again for reaching out!

Caring81614450 April 30, 2014

Atria West 86 is in a very nice area. The building itself is a nice building, but the rooms are very small. For a one-bedroom apartment with two people occupying it, it's $11,000 a month, which is kind of high. They offer activities, but they don’t have outdoor activities, which is expected in the area. Although the nice part of that is they are very close to Riverside Park, which is a lovely park.

Lora4 March 31, 2014

The rooms are tiny, and the elevators were small and inadequate. Those are two things I didn't like about Atria, and you have to walk to your table at meals. The sanitation is good.

Thank you for visiting our community. I am sorry that we did not end up being the right fit for you but if you would like information on our other communities in the area that might be more to your liking, we’d love to speak with you. Please feel free to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include “Atria West 86” in your subject line.

Ros1 March 28, 2014

Expensive, but worth the money Long Term Care Insurance accepted

Caring75763150 December 30, 2013

I had a very interesting visit at Atria West 86. It's a first class facility and very attractive. The place was nice and the staff were fine. The rooms are very nice. I haven’t tasted the food but it looked good. The menu looked good too. What I like best is that they have a sophisticated program and the facility is located in Manhattan.

Caring70782650 October 26, 2013

I liked Atria West 86 a lot. It's really a very nice facility. It's probably the most expensive of all the places I've seen, but I liked it a great deal. The place seems very well appointed. I was only in there for about an hour, but I saw that the staff were perfectly nice.

caring0801132 August 10, 2013

I visited Atrial West 86 and liked it because they go to Broadway shows and it seems they take full advantage of all the entertainment in the place, but I found them too expensive.

eroshevsky June 13, 2013

I went there for dinner and I saw that Atria West was very nice. The staff were also nice although I didn't like the residents too much. I sat down to play the piano after dinner and some people that were watching television asked me to stop playing and I didn't like that.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff at our community, and I do apologize for the confusion about the piano. Our residents are certainly provided opportunities to explore their musical side, and it was unfortunate that you were not able to experience that during your visit. I encourage you to visit us again soon and email us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you have any further concerns.

Grannys best April 15, 2013

Ask staff how many residents they have lost ...travelling the streets of nyc ...one ended up drowning in the river

Atria West 86 is a senior living community that provides independent and supportive living options. While our residents have the freedom to come and go as they please, we take great care and concern in providing the safest possible home for those who choose to live here. We encourage prospective residents and their families to ask us about our protocols and evaluate for themselves whether our community is appropriate for their needs.

nycityboy August 27, 2012

The staff there is very courteous and professional. They are very patient, even though grandma told the same stories over and over. They also have a respiratory therapist on staff which is great since most of the residents have breathing problems. He took the time to teach everyone how to use herbreathing machine. We first discovered Atria Senior Living a few years ago when Grandma had hip surgery and needed help while recovering. She is very independent minded and didn't want to be a burden on anyone. It was nice for her to have someone cook and clean for her for a change ! Speaking of clean the facilities are absolute spotless. We shopped around quite a bit, and I CAN TELL you most of the assisted living facilities in the area were filthy.Its hard to trust strangers to help take care of a loved one. Choosing Atria Senior Living was a great decision for grandma's live in care provider. The staff really put us at ease, and even scheduled an in home consultation interview. It was an opportunity for everyone to ask any questions they have,and they were able to access what level of care Grandma required. Grandma's caregivers have been excellent. They are very well trained, and very even tempered and relaxed. They also were very accommodating to grandmas changing needs. Even though 24 hour Homecare is very expensive, I know they are very competitively priced. My grandma spent her last days at a nice facility, staffed by caring professionals. I would highly recommend Atria Senior Living to everyone.

From Atria West 86

There's no place as unique as West 86. Residents enjoy pre-war architecture located on the highly-desirable Upper West Side, in close proximity to Riverside Park and cultural attractions; breathtaking 360° penthouse and rooftop terrace views of New York City and the Hudson River; a chauffeured town car for scheduled appointments and a resident bus for off-site trips to museums and Broadway shows; three dining options; and a state-of-the-art fitness center located on the rooftop terrace. West 86 features an art deco-inspired multi-million dollar renovation, including apartments with well-appointed kitchens featuring granite countertops, shaker-style cabinets with a cherry finish and stainless steel appliances.

Atria Senior Living builds vibrant communities that provide seniors with comfort, companionship and a better quality of life in their later years. Our goal is to always create an environment where older people thrive, where loneliness and isolation are behind them, and where families and friends feel secure their loved ones are protected and fulfilled. This doesn't happen by accident. Behind the warmth and welcome of an Atria community are pages of protocols, standards and metrics - and a real investment, on everybody's part, in doing what is right.

Atria West 86 provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Scheduled transportation

• Russian
  • Spanish

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: 56 hours/week

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Atria West 86