Carnegie East House

1844 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, 10128

Reviews of Carnegie East House

Caring86345850 June 26, 2014

We were really happy with Carnegie East House. We really did like it. There were activities, but my mom wasn't really taking advantage of them. She unfortunately had lost her hearing aid, so therefore, I don't think she was really getting into many of the activities. But she loved the food. It's really good. I just thought it was very nice. It's private and not part of the chain. We felt that we got the same price as any of the other ones. I just think maybe they could have more activities or maybe some trips. But they did have a lot of stuff. Mom was only there not even three weeks before she broke her hip.

Judith3 November 28, 2012

The staff in Carnegie East House on 2nd Avenue was great. I saw old people in wheelchairs or walkers there and somehow I wasn't so sure if I was ready for assisted living at this point. I'm 75 years old but I can still manage on my own and I don't have very much money. Also, there's an ongoing subway construction in 2nd Avenue so I wouldn't want to be there.

AntD91 July 24, 2012

The facility itself is nice and clean. The faculty and staff are overall nice, but my grandmother has told me stories of a few who weren't very kind to some of the people living there. I did bring up my concerns about these people and told it would be looked into however. Over all my grandmother is being well care for and looked after, which is what she needs now in her old age. I'm very satisfied with Carnegie East House.

cam1 July 24, 2012

My Grandmother has made good friends and the staffs there are very caring and are always willing to help her. Unfortunately, my grandmother can't live with us because we are always working and never home and she needs constant attention. At Carnegie, she has made numerous friends who are always involved in doing group things and spending time together. The facilities are well kept and safe and the rooms are beautiful. The bedrooms are modern and the sheets are always changed and cleaned daily. The center is also equipped with fire safety devices in case there is a fire. They have amenities such as a barber shop/salon that anyone in the facility can use, computers with internet access and also a fully stocked library. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to do the right thing for their loved ones. It is definitely a home like environment that anyone who sees it will say the same

eagleforce1 July 06, 2012

rey1 June 06, 2012

This Place has to be one of the worst facilities I have ever seen. I had my mother their for two years and I placed her some place else. The staff was horrible and the food was not fit for a person to eat. This facility was the biggest mistake I ever made. I suggest that you find some place else to take care of your loved ones.

Ilovelove March 10, 2012

Carnage East is a very good nursing home. If it wasn't I would not trust my beloved mother in their care. As soon as you walk though the doors for your visit you are greeted by the friendly faces of the aging residents. They are usually in the lobby at various tables either playing board games, talking about the pickle shop on Essex street they remember or waiting for meal time just to see what is on the menu.All in all I love this place. My mother is around her peers. The nurses seem to groom their clients well because the are usually fully dressed and pressed. If you have a loved one who you are facing the harsh decision of a retirement home as the best means of comfort with please consider carnegie. The comfort levels will be most surprisingly pleasing.you have the choice of bedroom size for your loved one. On top of that the decor is very crisp marble like clean and sells fresh. I like it and my mom does too.

Gordon Richards November 17, 2011

Carnegie East House is an excellent retirement facility located in New York. Fairly new, it offers great assisted living opportunities for seniors. They offer Lunch and Dinner to all residents and have kitchen areas in the functioning areas. There is full time medical/hospice staff available for all residents. Many activities are available as well. Poetry, writing groups, book clubs, news groups, field trips to museums, art galleries and parks. They offer much more then a room with a bed. The employees truly care about their residents. They offer an exersise/gym room, library, computer and game rooms, activity rooms and an onsite pharmacy for all residents and even a nurses office for when they don't feel well. Virtually everything needed or required can be found within. My grandmother is currently living there and enjoys the daily activities. Their dining facility is pretty nice and they offer a number of different meals per day!

spaghetti November 17, 2011

The rooms there are really nice and the food is exceptional for a senior residence. Also from what I have seen and what my mother says, the service is great and the staff is very kind. They have workers on duty 24 hours a day and also have a registered nurse on duty 7 days a week. I would recommend Carnegie East House to anyone in the area who needs assisted living. Everything inside was very clean including the bathrooms. Carnegie East House has a lot of activities that members can participate in and they try to get everyone involved in something which is really nice. My mother never wanted to go to a nursing home but she has been at East House for over a year now and has not complained more then a handful of times. It really is a great place to stay.

From Carnegie East House

Carnegie East House is a non-profit facility that provides enriched housing for elderly who need assistance with the activities of daily living. Carnegie East House's mission is to provide the freedom of independent living and is dedicated to protecting personal dignity, respect and security while maintaining quality of life and relationships to the local community.

Carnegie East House recognizes the need for housing with support services. Many seniors struggle with the increasing frailty that often accompanies greater longevity. However, one's frailty does not diminish one's desire to maintain independence. Part of Carnegie East House's mission is to assist its residents to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. Caring, mission-driven Carnegie East House staff provide a number a quality programs and services, including three meals a day, housekeeping, personal care attendants, case management workers, and extensive recreational and wellness programs.

Carnegie East House Rates

Studio $5,050/month
One Bedroom $5,960/month
* Two Bedroom $6,500/month
Second Person Fee - $1,250 per month
* Two Bedrooms require two people for occupancy, such as spouses, relatives or caregivers.

Features of Carnegie East House

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Spanish

• Pharmacy

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Carnegie East House