Brookdale New Port Richey

6400 Trouble Creek Rd., New Port Richey, FL, 34653

Reviews of Brookdale New Port Richey

Anonymous117373350 December 20, 2015

My mother has been at Brookdale New Port Richey for three weeks now and is very comfortable. It is a little rundown, but it is getting better. We chose it because we were comfortable there. They have two long gardens that are just so relaxing when you’re outside. It still needs a lot of work, but it has the youngest people there, who are interacting all of the time, which I didn’t find at the other seven places I visited. My mother likes the people there and has found groups of people to eat with. The neighbor across the hall from her is very sweet and helping her a lot. My mother’s eating habits were terrible, and now she is eating three meals a day. They have a menu that she can choose from, but if she has a thing she likes that is not on the menu, they will cook it for her.

Diane113125950 September 26, 2015

Brookdale New Port Richey (Formerly Emeritus at La Casa Grande) was more like a nursing home. There weren't reasonable rooms. They were smaller and they didn't have kitchens. You couldn't cook your own meals. You had to go out to the dining room and they've always had the meals for you. The staff was friendly and they would try to talk to you. They were making sure you got plenty of what you needed. They will be happy to help you with whatever you needed and take you anywhere. They just should try to make the rooms a little bit wider and bigger. For people that have wheelchairs or walkers, it's hard for them to manage to get around if you have a lot of furniture in your room.

Caring112736050 September 15, 2015

Brookdale New Port Richey (Formerly Emeritus at La Casa Grande) was like a motel. If you went out of the apartment, you're outside, and I didn't like it at all. I just didn't have a good feeling. The staff was friendly, and the dining area seemed adequate, but I don't think the rooms were spacious.

James112319850 August 22, 2015

I did not care for Brookdale New Port Richey. It was very dirty. They also had an emergency medical situation where a person was laying on the floor for more than half an hour with an injury, and they could not get a nurse to respond. The person who gave me the tour was a nurse, and she did not help. She did not want to break up my tour. I was very turned off by it. I would not recommend the memory care unit. The rest of the facility was nice.

Caring111925250 August 22, 2015

Brookdale New Port Richey seemed very nice. At the time of my visit, they were doing their recreational activities.

tomjerry1 July 02, 2015

Since Brookdale took over Emeritus at La Casa Grande, the only positive changes I've seen are renovations. My mother's rent has been increased twice within a year. Additional charges are added with absolutely no explanation. The communication between the Wellness center and family is just about non-existent. They tell you they will do something and they don't or won't follow. through. Brookdale seems to be only interested in $$$$. Very disappointed.

Caring109219850 June 21, 2015

Brookdale New Port Richey (Formerly Emeritus at La Casa Grande) was a very nice community, clean, very friendly, and there were a lot of social activities. It was well located. I was impressed by it. The drawbacks were that the apartments were extremely small and that you have to travel outside to get from the apartment to the main social and dining area. My concern would be when it's cold or rainy that my grandmother constantly would have to be going from indoors to outdoors to get to the social center.

Theresa29 April 17, 2015

We choose Brookdale because I think it has a variety of options for living and a variety of price ranges. It has nice, flexible schedules for meals and a variety of food. They have different levels, and there are people who are kind of independent; that is what I am looking for. The staff is fabulous and very helpful. The admission person works with us. It is a very difficult move because he is hesitant. They have a lot of activities going on. They have ice cream social on Thursdays. They have trips to communities and different areas. I see people in the activities room doing craft things.

Caring102946850 March 20, 2015

I was able to visit Brookdale New Port Richey (Emeritus at La Casa Grande). The rooms are very spacious and very clean. It's also well-staffed. It's very spacious, and there are a lot of outdoor places where people can walk; that is very inviting. They just have about every activity. They have movies and cards. The only thing that I found a little bit annoying was I did mention to them that my brother was HIV positive, and that was the end of that particular conversation.

Robert102395950 February 22, 2015

We moved her there in Brookdale New Port Richey. The place is nice, and the people who work there are fantastic. They do have few issues with their food stuff, but it may just be getting used to different nutrition. They do serve some strange food. I have not tasted their food, but mom said their food is bad. Sometimes it is cold, and there are other problems. They do serve some kind of spinach and sausage soup that even their employees question. They have lots of activities, and mom stays busy all the time.

grateful to be out December 02, 2014

I am a 63 year old, single physically disabled female. My diseases are degenerative and since I was finding it becoming increasingly difficult to safely take care of my daily living needs, I made the decision to look into assisted living. I chose La Casa Grande. This facility gives you a great sales pitch, but I quickly learned that they do not keep promises. But far worse than that is the lack of proper care. In my case my medications were mishandled and one particular medication was stolen. When I filed complaints which fell on deaf ears and said I would notify the police, the "head nurse" tried to label me with mental issues due to a urinary tract infection. My family doctor immediately came to my aid as I had just seen her that week for a routine check up which included a urine test. It was negative. She requested my medications log and didn't get it. The straw that broke the camel`s back was inappropriate sexual advances, both verbally and physically by the married executive director. I filed a report with Florida Department of Children and Family. There is an investigation but I was told.not to get my hopes up because it is my word against his. I have moved out. I am lucky that I am of sound mind and could stick up for myself. I write this to implore families to listen to their loved ones and investigate anything suspicious. If my story helps even just one other resident, it will have been worth the pain, stress and inconvenience.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please be assured this was thoroughly investigated and unfounded.

Cathy98012050 November 29, 2014

The visit at Emeritus was good, but the room was tiny so I am glad it didn’t work out there. The staff was nice.

Caring88246850 November 24, 2014

My mom is in Emeritus at La Casa Grande, and that's about 10 to 15 minutes from where I am living. It is very convenient. I can be there quickly. I visit her 3 times a week, and she seems to be acclimating very well to the situation. So far it is working very well.

The place is like a hotel almost, but it is rather large. They have 240 beds, and they have different levels of care. My mom is in the memory care section. They have a recreation area where they can go outside, but they are not allowed to leave that area unsupervised. When I ring the bell, they let me in only because the employees there recognize me. So, they let me in. I sign my mom out, and we go out for dinner or I'll take her out for shopping and then I'll bring her back to the house. I usually get her between her meals and I get her back in time for her to have dinner. My mom has the basic level of care for someone who is at the memory care. There are different levels as her condition progresses. Basically, she dresses herself, and she has to be supervised for her medication.

It is very clean, and they provide meals and stuff like that, but for the amount of people that where she is, in her section, they may have 20 or 25 people, they can use 1 or 2 more employees down there at a certain area and time of the day.

Judy92632450 October 22, 2014

The outside of La Casa Grande was very nice looking. I actually visited there three times. The problem I was having -- and I told them -- that I don't think they were completely upfront. They were good in giving me all those specials to move in, but then they couldn't tell me at all how much it was going to go. I think they were in such a hurry to get me in there that I wasn't being upfront with. I came home more upset every time that I went there.

Caring91280850 August 30, 2014

I visited Emeritus and I wasn’t impressed at all, as it wasn’t very clean. The rooms are small with just a bedroom and a bathroom. There’s a living area that they call attached, but you have to share it with other people. They were doing some renovating. The young woman who showed me around did mention a few activities like Bingo, card games, and crafting. They have an area for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s and also an area for assisted living, but I did not see any of that.

Caring91403750 August 26, 2014

Emeritus at La Casa Grande was pretty good. The rooms were all right, but I don't think my grandma would have liked them because likes her own space and she would have felt that the people there were too close. I liked the open space and that there were lots of different areas like gardens, which my grandma would have liked, too.

Caring81840750 March 27, 2014

I went to Emeritus in New Port Richey because it was close to where we were. I would not recommend this to anybody. At the time we went there it was being renovated, but it is very old and dated, so I did not care for it at all. The person we dealt with was very annoying, and so we couldn?t wait to leave because he would not shut up. He talked way too much. We looked at the rooms, and we didn?t like them. Overall, we didn?t like the facility at all, and we didn?t care for the man who showed us around.

Jack & Sharral March 12, 2014

It appeared that the patrons living their were happy and well cared for! I was pleased with the range of services provided to include meals. They were in the process of renovating, but the facilities did not appear to be that worn. As I was mainly interested in Independent living, however, I found the facilities and living space to be inadequate. We were shown a small studio apartment and a one bedroom apt. The one bedroom apt would be preferred, but the kitchenette and refrigerator were too small for my wife and I.

Caring74664850 November 27, 2013

Emeritus was just around the corner from me. I went through the whole place and it was very nice. I had sat down and had a long talk to the people and the rooms were in good size.

Harry16 November 24, 2013

I've already moved in Emeritus at La Casa Grande. I'm quite pleased with this facility. One nice thing about it is that I haven't heard complaints from other people here. They all seem to feel that the management is doing a nice job. I would recommend this facility to others. I chose this one because, once I get all the information, I can end up getting a government grant to help me pay. None of the other facilities seem to know anything about it. I'm on Social Security and I can't afford to live here but I qualified for Veterans Administration so that I can pay for it. That's number 1 reason. My number 2 reason, it is just about three blocks from my church and that is a major factor. The staff is doing pretty good, although they do have a little trouble with enough staffing in the afternoon. Sometimes they're down to two people and it takes some little while to get served, but aside from needing more servers, they're very good. They even have a person that writes down whatever it is that you have trouble with. Regarding meals, they do have a lot of variety of them. There's always two items on the menu. If you don't like either one, you can always order a grilled cheese sandwich, a ham and cheese, or a BLT. You can order whatever you like. I even have pancakes for supper. They're very good about that. In terms of transportation, they do have buses going to doctors and laboratories. They're also pretty good about scheduling. I'm reasonably well satisfied. I'm very fortunate with my room. I'm in a room in their independent living. It has a living room that I furnished and I was able to share my videos and books with anybody else. I also have a chair, a table, a couch, two bookcases, a TV and a disc player. It's like I have my own private living room and it's nice. The bedroom itself is not that really small but it's large enough for my dresser, computer and the bed. I'm reasonably happy with my room.

Mike35 November 22, 2013

I was saddened because Emeritus was just down the street from where I lived but we weren't too impressed. The guy that met us acted like he didn't think we knew anything. I don't think that he actually felt that way but that was the impression we got. He didn't seem to be in touch with our concerns. It wasn't the best tour that we went on. They had some very nice things there. Their alert badges were able to pinpoint where a resident was. If they called for help from anywhere on the property, they could pinpoint that location. They could improve on better personnel especially in the marketing. We were totally unimpressed when he started telling us about the place but didn't actually take us around to different areas and eventually did show us some of the facility but not enough to really make a decision on.

Karen73584850 November 11, 2013

Emeritus was nice and we liked it but it was very large and we thought it would be overwhelming for mom in law. The staff seemed very nice and friendly. They have different sizes in rooms. We haven?t tried eating there but the dining area was big, it looks very clean and it had tablecloths. I liked the outside courtyard areas; they had a large area for people to go and sit. They were ready for a big overhaul and we knew she would be overwhelmed by change. In addition, I just felt that it smelled moldy when we first walked into the place.

Marjorie9 October 09, 2013

The employees seemed very nice at Casa Grande and it was clean. They have independent living; assisted living and they have a nursing home so that's three places where you can go. It's probably one of the least expensive which is what I was looking for. They have all kinds of activities there, they go out in the bus, and they take you shopping if you're in assisted living. They can also take you places if you are in independent living. We had a meal there and it was very nice. The lighting needs to be improved though; it seemed dark when you went in.

John67104250 September 29, 2013

They did a good job taking me around Emeritus at La Casa Grande and answering my questions. The studio is small but I suppose for the needs of one parent, it would be okay. The facility didn't seem very lively to me. I wouldn't say that there was a lot of high energy staff present. It looked like a lot of people were looking lost in there.

caring1354 April 26, 2013

Mom is at Emeritus. The community is nice. The food is good and the rooms are nice. They have music, bingo, and even church services. The staff is helpful and they answer my questions when I have them. But they could add more staff.

Lynda 2 October 15, 2012

I am very pleased with Emeritus and so is my mother. Her room is very nice, and the meals are great. She likes the staff, everybody seems nice, and there are no complaints.

JMARTIN1 June 23, 2012

The building is comfortable and provides an atmosphere that is more than welcoming for short term patients to be in. Living quarters seem up to standards and what I really liked was how they allow their residents to have their pets with them. Another good aspect of this place is that they don't merely watch over your loved ones, they involve them in some really entertaining activities.The staff seem to thoroughly enjoy their jobs and definitely make you feel as though your family member is safe inside of their community. Not once was there a question left unanswered or a problem unresolved. Unlike some other facilities this one allows for you to visit with your family member privately and without them constantly dictating what you can and cannot bring them. My Aunt happens to like ice cream snacks ever since her dementia set in and i was allowed to bring in extras every other day. Her favorite pet also enjoyed visiting her which was an awesome plus. I'd definitely recommend Emeritus to anyone looking for a warm and welcoming alternative living situation for their family member or close friend.

rdsmith May 10, 2012

found the unit to be run down,staff seemed friendly though entrance fee seemed extreme

Dot's kids April 18, 2012

Mom moved into La Casa earlier this year. After a short adjustment, she loves it! The staff are caring and friendly, and the LaCasa leadership group is making continual progress with upgrading the services and facility. We're very happy we moved Mom here!

tampabayCNA December 26, 2011

This facility appears as if at one time it was a hotel. The rooms are mostly semi-private and are devided by a partition in the floor that rises to about 4 1/2 feet. There is a building in the center that is a two story unit used for high need ALF residents. The staff seemed pleasent. The dinning area is large and it welcomes you apon entrance. The dementia unit is one of the largest I have seen in the area.

TampaRays October 11, 2010

Life of the Party

My dad was very reluctant to go to an assisted living. He didn't want to give up his house and his way of life. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, sending him to live at Emeritus at La Casa Grande. After just a few weeks, my dad has made friends, he has attended parties, and has even gone out to eat with friends (this is a first since my mom died 15 years ago). My dad is now the life of the party. Now the hardest decision I ever made is the BEST decision I've ever made. Thank you.

PhotoGuy October 01, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

My parents were both in ill health and needed a place to live where they had access to nurses and therapy. My mom was worried about not being able to cook in her own kitchen. However, my parents have discovered they have the best of both worlds. They have their own apartment and they are not bothered or intruded on unless they ask for help. They also have 3 big meals a day, snacks, parties every week. They play bingo every week and are still able to go to church and still use their old doctor. The staff has always been incredibly nice and made the transition seamless. Thank you La Casa!

GatorFan October 01, 2010

My dad is alive again!

My dad lived a very lonely solitare existance before going into Emeritus at La Casa Grande Assisted Living. My dad's life consisted of waking up, eating frozen meals, watching TV, and going to bed again. He only got out of the house to go to the doctor every three months. I was his only visitor and I only get to come to New Port Richey every 2 weeks. I was worried when my father's doctor told him it was time to check out an Assisted Living. My dad's nutrition and hygeiene were affecting his health. I knew that my father would not adjust to change or being around that many people. We checked out several Assisted Living facilities, but went to Emeritus at La Casa Grande at my father's doctor's recommendation. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were bigger than others we had seen and the staff was helpful and informative. Within 3 weeks of living at Emeritus at La Casa Grande my dad is a different person...he is alive again. My dad comes to the dining room for every meal and visits with his table mates before and after meals. My dad goes out to eat with a group of friends from La Casa. My dad has even joined a walking club and walks with other people every night. His whole personality has changed and we have Emeritus at La Casa Grande to thank.

katzoo June 21, 2010

These people will do anything to get your money. They told me they were the only ALF in the state of Florida with an Extended Care License. That's a bunch a bull crap. There are hundreds of them. Unfortunately we moved my mom to this place and now she's stuck. If we move her out, we lose our $5,000. They are supposed to have caring angels who will get your loved one out and about and show them what there is to do and where things are. I think my mom saw her 3 times if that. My mom sits in her room and does nothing because no one has taken the time to introduce her to people who have similar interests. I hate this place!

From Brookdale New Port Richey

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #6024