Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From HomeLife in the Gardens

New Orleans premier senior living community. We offer independent apartments, assisted living and Alzheimer's care supported by exceptional amenities and an array of services. HomeLife in the Gardens is a place where you enjoy the beautiful surroundings and peace of mind knowing our caring staff is always available to assist you.

Reviews of HomeLife in the Gardens

Posted by darryll March 02, 2015

my visit to homelife in the gardens was phenomonol..i was greeted as soon as i walked through the door by freindly faces and even friendlier staff..the front desk staff answered all my questions and were more than helpful...i also enjoyed a tour of the facility by a freindly gentleman who explained the ends and out to the building...the building has a gorgeous atrium that the rooms wrap around for a tranquil view....after the tour i tried their dinning hall for some chow lol...i must say that i dint expect that quality of food...i mean 5star meals..wow...food was awesome and i even got to meet the chef...my experience was one for the books and i just wanna say thanks to the staff that made it all possible...i will be back with family...sincerly satisfied..

Posted by notinterested August 21, 2013

I recently toured this facility. Looking at the outside, you would never expect what your going to walk into. The staff is so warm and caring. The residents seem so happy, and many stated they loved it. I also ran into a family member who has her 99 year old mother there, who said this is the best place she has ever been. She said the Executive Director is one of the most caring person she ever met, and how her staff is reflects this. I do have to say not only that, but the deal breaker was there new generator which they will have air conditioner and use of elevator. My mother was at a place with no generator. Just knowing they will not have to evacuate is wonderful. I strongly recommend visiting this community. It is that warm NOLA feeling.

Posted by Uptown love August 21, 2013

I love this community. Just moved my loved one there. This is a hard transition for all parties. The staf ff is extremely professional and some even have there loved ones there who say they love it. I live down the street and pop in at different hours and its always the same. A must see place. Great management!!

Posted by JeanG July 13, 2013

My mom is 98 years old, confined to a wheelchair and has been at Homelife for about a year. Before coming here she had been in two independent living and two skilled nursing facilities. This is by far the best place she has been. The staff is wonderful. They function as a team. The facility gives mom the privacy of her own room and furniture. She has family pictures on the wall. Her care has been excellent and personal. She recently had radiation therapy. Homelife provided transportation for the dozens of doctors appointments and waited with their van cheerfully and tenderly until she was ready to return. This is but one example of the many kindnesses we have been graced with by these wonderful people.

Posted by ALY Young July 05, 2013

My mother is moving into HomeLife in the Gardens. We toured this community Prior to her decision to move And we had a wonderful visit! The staff was friendly, caring and very interactive with the residents. Everyone, both residents and staff said hello and had a smile for us. My mother was concerned with the quality of meals so we stayed for lunch. I am certainly glad we did because it put my mother at ease, everything was delicious. The historic New Orleans building was beautiful and she is greatly looking forward to her move. Thanks HomeLife.

Posted by Karen41 May 24, 2013
1.0

I visited Homelife in the Gardens and it was probably the worst experience that I had. I made an appointment to visit there. When I arrived at my appointment time, the person who was to meet me, was at lunch. I waited by myself at the lobby, they did offer me to the opportunity to eat lunch, but I didn't take them up on it. They're under renovation, so I took that into consideration. Finally, another woman showed up and said that she would show me around. The common areas looked okay, but I saw a lot of people that didn't seem to be attended to, they were mostly eating, sitting by themselves or tables of two. I didn't see very much staff interaction. So that was a little off-putting, but the worst thing was that they took me up on this old rickety elevator to the floor where they had their memory unit and it was just horrible. I know they're just opening under the new management. To me, it felt like cinder block walls and concrete floors. It wasn't quite that bad, but that's what it felt like. They opened one room that was occupied and apparently the lady had to bring her own stuff. There just wasn't any furniture in the hallway, there wasn't any staff up there, and it didn't look like there was any activity. It was really grim-looking, uninviting, and unappealing. Almost every question I asked, the answer was something I wasn't happy about.

Location of HomeLife in the Gardens