The Cottages of New Lenox

1023 South Cedar Road, New Lenox, IL, 60451

Reviews of The Cottages of New Lenox

July 04, 2015

We went to The Cottages of New Lenox. They were nice, but the price was a little bit too high for us. It was nice. Actually they had small groupings like one person for every six people; it was very small and hands-on. We like it, but it was a little bit too pricey for us. They keep them active everyday. They make them interact. Actually, they let them do whatever they were doing in their lives, so if they were cooking before, they let them cook. They really do well over there as well. Overall, it is a great place.

February 28, 2015

My mother is in The Cottages of New Lenox. The staffs are angels. They are above and beyond. She has been there for three weeks. The rooms are really nice. She has her own bedroom and her own bathroom. She has a little kitchenette type thing where there is a refrigerator, a microwave, and a kitchen sink. You bring your own furniture so it looks like your own room. The food is cooked right there on the premises. There are five cottages, and the cottage she lives in is where the cooking is done. They have a cook that does all the cooking for all the five cottages. Everything is fresh every day. They don't bring it in from a catering service. The dining room has little tables of six. They put two tables of four together. They have table cloths, and they serve with china and silverware. They also have a little centerpiece on the table. They play bingo, and they have arts and crafts. They were making their own Valentines cards while I was there. There are activities that keep them busy. It is all fenced in, and you need to know the code to get in to the outside gate. Each one of us has a little necklace that you wear, you touch it on the pad, and the door opens for you to get in and get out. If anybody in pushes the door to get out, the whole alarm system goes on, and everything locks down. It is very secure.

April 17, 2014

My mother-in-law is at Encore Senior Village, so everything is fine. She moved in there last November. It is just five minutes from our house. We could almost walk to it if we wanted to. They are small cottages and I like that. It is a new facility, only a couple years old. It is very well-organized and we like the people there. The residents are very nice. The staff is fabulous. We really like this place. My mother-in-law has her own room and her room is very nice. She has her own bathroom with a shower, a sink and toilet and they're all handicapped accessible. She can adjust the temperature in her room and it has a big window so that she can look outside. We were able to bring her own bed and her furniture, so that it looks like home to her.

April 09, 2013

By caring0327113

We didn't take a tour of Paradise Park, but the initial meeting went fine. The staff was very accommodating and very nice. It was a clean facility, no odor at all. However, upon finding out the annual income that my sister gets, we were very nicely told that this was a place that she could not afford.

Photos of The Cottages of New Lenox

Services & Amenities of The Cottages of New Lenox

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5095/month

• State Licenses: 5104143, 5104150, 5104168, 5104176, 5104184

About The Cottages of New Lenox

The concept for the memory care and assisted living offered by The Cottages of New Lenox is unique in Illinois. Five quaint, 20-resident cottages on gated and landscaped grounds replicate home. The seniors who move in quickly transition to their new lifestyle so they can thrive. Easily accessible, The Cottages are just 11 miles northeast of Joliet and less than an hour from Chicago, the community is comprised of one stand-alone building dedicated to quality assisted living along with other buildings where exceptional memory care is offered.

We have 5 cottages that house a maximum of 20 residents each. Because of this layout we are able to separate our residents based on their cognitive ability. This allows each resident to thrive with their peers and participate in activities catered to their individual abilities.

Map of The Cottages of New Lenox