Azalea Estates of New Iberia

1318 Andre Street, New Iberia, LA, 70563

Reviews of Azalea Estates of New Iberia

November 22, 2016

By Sbabin

My dad has been here for over a year. The best decision we ever made. You will not find a more efficient, kind staff. It is clean and well run with lots of activities for the seniors. And a big blessing is that you can see how much the people who work here love their residents.

November 22, 2016

By TeriG

My mother is currently living at Azalea Estates. Previously 2 of her sisters lived there as well. I can't say how pleased we have been with everyone and everything there. There are activities several times per day and the residents can stay as busy as they would like. Bingo, exercise, dominoes, weekly excursions to eat out, shop and go to doctor visits. The staff is amazing. They care for your family member as one of their own. The food they serve is always excellent. So happy we are lucky enough to have such a wonderful place in town.

January 27, 2016

By A Visitor2

Azalea Estates was nice. It had a nice building. The room was nice. The lady who was in the room already had it a bit too furnished, so it wasn’t roomy, but it seemed adequate. They had bingo and exercises. They also had musical entertainment at certain times of the month. I would recommend them.

August 29, 2015

By JCouv

We moved our elderly Aunt into Azalea Estates 2 months ago. She was so uneasy about moving out of her home and reluctantly moved in. We moved her things into the cute little apartment and hoped for the best. The transition has been easier than we could have ever hoped. The staff is so caring and thoughtful. The food is delicious. The activities are pleasant and engaging for her. She's run into old friends and made new ones. She is happy, comfortable, and safe in her new home. Our thanks go out to the Administrative team and their staff for all they do!

By Rene Borel

This is a beautiful facility with a fantastic staff!

By Cheretouttout

My mother lived there for 3 1/2 years and loved it. She made many friends and enjoyed the activities. I was there frequently and became attached to many of the residents. My father-in-law moved there in 2012 and the first week there he gave up his car keys which we had been praying for. After he moved he realized there was no reason to drive. Everything he needed was taken care of there. He loved it there and they loved him. They both passed away and I still go there and visit with the residents at least once a week.

By L Theriot

My mom is a resident of Azalea Estates. The environment is always cheerful, clean and well maintained. Mom enjoys the activities and the friends she has made since she moved there. The friendly, compassionate staff take special care of all of the residents. When my mom was in the hospital for an extended amount of time, we received numerous inquires about her recovery and many employees and residents visited her. I know there is no place else that she would rather live.

November 17, 2014

By aszivos

My mother is a resident of Azalea Estates in New Iberia, La. for a little over a year. The adjustment for her was overwhelming. Everyone showed kindness, friendliest, and compassion in helping her make the adjustment to her new home. She is adjusting to the changes that has come from not being at her own home. The staff has been outstanding, always willing to help. Chris and Tasha are so warm and easy to talk to and I love the open office door policy they have.

November 13, 2014

By Mary Taylor

A wonderful facility for your loved ones. The staff are awesome, caring individuals.

November 12, 2014

By TeePat

I have been a resident of Azalea Estates for over a year and have been very happy and content here. The atmosphere here is so much like home that I no longer miss my home. I really enjoy the meals that are provided. They are tasty and well presented. We have activities that are fun and creative. The bus get me where I need to go and they accomodate my last minute appointments. Chris is so warm and easy to talk to and takes care of this big operation with a smile. Thanks Azalea Estates for being my home away from home.

November 10, 2014

By dsbing

I highly recommend this facility. My mother has lived there for several years now.

October 30, 2014

By Eldest1

Mom has been at Azalea almost 4 months? Knowing she is under 24/7 watch and care, has been a relief to myself and siblings. She has made many friends and happy to be there. It was her decision and she is very happy with facilities.

October 29, 2014

By elmnora

This is a place with a "Servant's Heart" in that it not only provides care for the residents, it reaches beyond its walls to provide activities for the community. This allows the residents to be interact and be apart of the community.

April 03, 2013

By Susan32

Azalea Estates provides an excellent family like experience for our love one. There are many opportunities for social interaction with other residents, friends, and family. The staff is very caring and willing to assist in many ways. I have recommend Azalea Estates to several friends faced with parents who can't continue to maintain a household, but still want to be independent. Chris and her staff are the greatest !

April 02, 2013

By Roundhead

My mother was in Azalea Estates in New Iberia. The staff employed there were very efficient and help to all our needs. I have recommended it to a friend, Chris and he has moved his mother to Azalea. I would recommend it to others.

April 02, 2013

By olga&harry

My Mother was a resident of Azalea Estates for several years. The care and attention she received was outstanding!!! We were so very lucky to have found such a caring facility for my Mothers last years. The staff worked with us even after Mom was not able to care for herself so that she could remain a resident and not have to go to a nursing home. Azalela Estates and Chris T. were a blessing to my Mom and our family.

April 01, 2013

By smuhtch

My aunt was a resident of Azalea estates of New Iberia for several years and was very happy there. She could no longer live in her big house with her big yard to take care of. She at first was hesitant about making the move but quickly settled in and was very happy there. All of the staff members were so caring and thoughtful. They were always attentive to her needs and treated her just like I was part of the family. My suggestion is don't wait until it's too late to enjoy life at Azalea Estates. I do believe they gave her a quality of life that she would never have had at home alone. I would recommend Azalea Estates for your loved ones of their quality of live too.

Photos of Azalea Estates of New Iberia

• Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

About Azalea Estates of New Iberia

Azalea Estates is New Iberia's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres located on Andre Street just off of N. Lewis Ave. near Dauterive hospital. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential setting, the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is "whole-personal" oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs.

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access, emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of New Iberia was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Azalea Estates of New Iberia