Azalea Estates of New Iberia

1318 Andre Street, New Iberia, LA, 70563

Reviews of Azalea Estates of New Iberia

Cheretouttout August 25, 2015

My mother lived there for 3 1/2 years and loved it. She made many friends and enjoyed the activities. I was there frequently and became attached to many of the residents. My father-in-law moved there in 2012 and the first week there he gave up his car keys which we had been praying for. After he moved he realized there was no reason to drive. Everything he needed was taken care of there. He loved it there and they loved him. They both passed away and I still go there and visit with the residents at least once a week.

L Theriot August 25, 2015

My mom is a resident of Azalea Estates. The environment is always cheerful, clean and well maintained. Mom enjoys the activities and the friends she has made since she moved there. The friendly, compassionate staff take special care of all of the residents. When my mom was in the hospital for an extended amount of time, we received numerous inquires about her recovery and many employees and residents visited her. I know there is no place else that she would rather live.

aszivos November 17, 2014

My mother is a resident of Azalea Estates in New Iberia, La. for a little over a year. The adjustment for her was overwhelming. Everyone showed kindness, friendliest, and compassion in helping her make the adjustment to her new home. She is adjusting to the changes that has come from not being at her own home. The staff has been outstanding, always willing to help. Chris and Tasha are so warm and easy to talk to and I love the open office door policy they have.

Mary Taylor November 13, 2014

A wonderful facility for your loved ones. The staff are awesome, caring individuals.

TeePat November 12, 2014

I have been a resident of Azalea Estates for over a year and have been very happy and content here. The atmosphere here is so much like home that I no longer miss my home. I really enjoy the meals that are provided. They are tasty and well presented. We have activities that are fun and creative. The bus get me where I need to go and they accomodate my last minute appointments. Chris is so warm and easy to talk to and takes care of this big operation with a smile. Thanks Azalea Estates for being my home away from home.

dsbing November 10, 2014

I highly recommend this facility. My mother has lived there for several years now.

Eldest1 October 30, 2014

Mom has been at Azalea almost 4 months? Knowing she is under 24/7 watch and care, has been a relief to myself and siblings. She has made many friends and happy to be there. It was her decision and she is very happy with facilities.

elmnora October 29, 2014

This is a place with a "Servant's Heart" in that it not only provides care for the residents, it reaches beyond its walls to provide activities for the community. This allows the residents to be interact and be apart of the community.

Susan32 April 03, 2013

Azalea Estates provides an excellent family like experience for our love one. There are many opportunities for social interaction with other residents, friends, and family. The staff is very caring and willing to assist in many ways. I have recommend Azalea Estates to several friends faced with parents who can't continue to maintain a household, but still want to be independent. Chris and her staff are the greatest !

Roundhead April 02, 2013

My mother was in Azalea Estates in New Iberia. The staff employed there were very efficient and help to all our needs. I have recommended it to a friend, Chris and he has moved his mother to Azalea. I would recommend it to others.

olga&harry April 02, 2013

My Mother was a resident of Azalea Estates for several years. The care and attention she received was outstanding!!! We were so very lucky to have found such a caring facility for my Mothers last years. The staff worked with us even after Mom was not able to care for herself so that she could remain a resident and not have to go to a nursing home. Azalela Estates and Chris T. were a blessing to my Mom and our family.

smuhtch April 01, 2013

My aunt was a resident of Azalea estates of New Iberia for several years and was very happy there. She could no longer live in her big house with her big yard to take care of. She at first was hesitant about making the move but quickly settled in and was very happy there. All of the staff members were so caring and thoughtful. They were always attentive to her needs and treated her just like I was part of the family. My suggestion is don't wait until it's too late to enjoy life at Azalea Estates. I do believe they gave her a quality of life that she would never have had at home alone. I would recommend Azalea Estates for your loved ones of their quality of live too.

From Azalea Estates of New Iberia

Azalea Estates is New Iberia's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres located on Andre Street just off of N. Lewis Ave. near Dauterive hospital. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential setting, the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is "whole-personal" oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs.

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access, emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of New Iberia was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Azalea Estates of New Iberia

• Diabetic
  • Kosher
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 11640