Garden Spot Village

433 S Kinzer, New Holland, PA, 17557

Reviews of Garden Spot Village

JeffK1 May 18, 2012

The facilities looked wonderful. I felt as if I was visiting an upscale hotel walking in and being greeted by large spaces and grand piano and exotic fish tank. From my visits the facility always looked clean and the landscaping well kept. I have both grandparents staying at the main facility with my grandmother in the apartments and my grandfather in the dementia type housing due to his advancing Parkinson's disease. They both look well cared for and the dementia unit isn't to far for my grandmother to come down and visit everyday which is a plus. Her apartment has a nice nooktype window which overlooks the lovely surrounding rural landscape and overall feels like a cozy home atmosphere all around. My limited contact with the staff was pleasant when we attended to visit my grandpa in the dementia unit and they were able to transfer him from his chair by the tv (he's no longer walking) to a separate side room where our family was able to catch up. My grandmother can be quite demanding and picky at times and I've yet to hear/see any complaints about the staff's demeanor toward her. She has commented on the lack of suitable food choices, but her picky eating should at least partially discount this negation. The largest negative I feel is likely the price of the facilities. I haven't heard specific costs but i've been told by family that it is quite considerable and above what most other homes charge. Overall I feel it would be a lovely place to live and the quaint homey/ upscale hotel atmosphere feels like anything but other nursing homes i've visited.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Garden Spot Village

Garden Spot Village is an assisted living facility in New Holland, PA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Garden Spot Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Garden Spot Village