Sunrise of New City

Overview of Ratings

3.9

May 10, 2014

By Pat69419850

Sunrise of New City doesn't look like institutional. It looks like home. It's very bright, sunny, and there are lots of windows. And that's very important to me. They also have a nice dining room. It had a full linen tablecloth and napkins. They have a choice of food and a living room area that you would find in any home where the clients can look at television or listen to music. It's kind of homey looking. The staff is very friendly, and I like it. There's a doctor on call and nurses. I'm very happy with it. The rooms are very nice. They have music, sing-alongs, board games, bowling, passing a ball around, and bingo. I think it's really nice. I'm happy with it.

April 26, 2014

My mother has been at Sunrise for a while. She's very happy there, and that's the most important thing. They have movies. They play games. They have people come in and lecture. My mother doesn't take part in some of the activities, but she does go to some of the lectures. This place is like a hotel. They come in and help you with showers. She does her own medication.

December 23, 2013

By Mlo

Other

This place is a home away from home! I have seen residents make a new life for themselves at an older age with new friends and new interests! The care is good, the food is good and it is a very pretty place!

September 11, 2011

By Cate85

At Sunrise the quality of care was exceptional. The Staff were gracious and nice not only to the elders but to the families as well. They took the time to sit with us and listen to our thoughts and concerns as well. They were very helpful in answering any questions we had. There was staff available all hours of the day and night, should a problem occur with a patient. I felt that the staff took pride in their jobs and were happy to be working in their field.The grounds surrounding the home were well manicured. The facilities were beautiful. Everything was clean and kept neat. The staff take care in preparing meals for the seniors. They actually interact with the patients to find out what they like, and then try to incorporate it into their everyday.Also offered was creative classes to keep the seniors occupied throughout there day. Physical activities were also provided to keep them active and healthy. Housekeeping services were also provided such as trash removal and laundry services. However they were only provided on a weekly basis. Provided to the patients by the facility are wellness visits by a trained on staff nurse.

Photos of Sunrise of New City

Features of Sunrise of New City

About Sunrise of New City

Located just minutes from the county courthouse on Main Street, Sunrise of New City sits north of the heart of the city overlooking Rockland's mountain ranges. We pride ourselves in the cohesiveness of our staff, and the family feeling among our staff, residents and families.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of New City