Brookdale New Bern

1336 South Glenburnie Road, New Bern, NC, 28562

Reviews of Brookdale New Bern

November 08, 2012

By NewBernResident1

I know someone that is in another facility in New Bern, NC. They had heard good things about Sterling House of New Bern and considered moving there. They asked me to take them there so they could check out the facility and see what it had to offer. There were several different care levels offered at Sterling House of New Bern. The facility was very clean and the staff was friendly. Parking is limited. The lady that greeted us informed us of room options, move in options, and other basic information. A short tour was given. The garden outside was well maintained. The tour director did inform us that they had staff to help dispense medication, help their clients get dressed, and perform other basic duties. There were not many residents outside of their rooms, but the ones that we did see were friendly. I would rate this as an average facility.

May 07, 2012

By malagara

The staff is very nice and seem to be aware of the needs of their patients.

July 08, 2011

By 53food

My grandmother was a client to the Sterling House senior care center. During her stay there, she was treated with care and attention. As someone suffering from advanced Alzheimer's, finding a place that could provide adequate care for her was a challenge in and of itself. She could no longer stay with my grandfather; she could have run off at any time and not remembered how to return home. When we brought her there, the caretakers quickly adopted a schedule to provide for her unique needs that suited both the faculty and my grandmother. Within a week they had the entire process down to a science. They provided meals for her, took care of her laundry and medications, and ensured she was comfortable and getting along with the other residents, despite her tendencies to wander around. All in all, they provided an invaluable service to both my grandmother and my family in a time of great stress for us.

Features of Brookdale New Bern

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Features Extra: Library

• Home Sale Assistance

• Spanish

About Brookdale New Bern

Brookdale New Bern provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale New Bern