Island Shores

131 E. North Water Street, Neenah, WI, 54956

Reviews of Island Shores

Jan49 April 17, 2015

Island Shores was too big a place. They would get lost in there. The staff were very knowledgeable, very nice, and considerate, and they sound like they care for their people. If they are able to get around decently, they'll be fine. It's a beautiful place.

Karen101480450 January 26, 2015

I visited Island Shores over Neenah. I thought it was a high-end facility, and I expected that to be nicer because I know people there. It looks so nice on the outside, but I wasn't very impressed with inside. They were helpful, but we didn't really sit down and go through a lot. I wasn't really impressed with them. I thought they would be nicer than they were. I thought they would have a better deal because they were on the water. I wasn't too impressed. I thought the rooms didn't have a lot of windows in them. I think Island Shore had a nice lobby and entrance area. The dining area and the lounge room are nice. The rooms seemed rather old and not very modernized. But the rooms there are bigger, and that's the part I like the most.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that our community did not meet your expectations. While our top priority is exceptional care, we also strive to create the most ideal living environment for the Seniors who call Island Shores “home”. We are open to your suggestions regarding apartment upgrades. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person about your feedback and I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your experience at Island Shores. You can contact me at (920) 725-7110 during normal business hours. –Heather Hintz, Executive Director

Caring88362750 December 28, 2014

Island Shores was wonderful. Everyone was very kind. The marketing director was very nice and very thorough, but the facility was too expensive. However, it was a gorgeous place. Some of my husband's aunts and uncles lived there. The place was clean, beautiful, and well taken care of. The staff was all wonderful.

EEWER November 21, 2012

I found very little wrong with Island Shores. It was tastefully decorated and clean. The Staff was attentive and professional. Upon entering the patient's room, I noticed how comfortable the room looked. Again, the room was clean and finely decorated. The care provided during my visit was exceptional. I know that my patient is getting extremely good care while residing there.

From Island Shores

Senior assisted living at Island Shores offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Island Shores, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Neenah has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Island Shores, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Features of Island Shores

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: RCAC