Plaza Village Senior Living

950 L Avenue, National City, CA, 91950

Reviews of Plaza Village Senior Living

caring56981 June 26, 2013

Plaza Village is a nice place. The staff is okay, but then the price is expensive.

Angela4 April 27, 2013

I placed my mom at Plaza Village. It was an emergency for me at the time. It worked out, and so far so good. The place is clean, new, and inviting. It doesn't really look like old home or a senior living. It's open, it's airy, it's not gloomy, and it doesn't have odorous smell to it. They do have lots of activities like bingo, karaoke nights, and I think they even had a magician, so they have some entertainment. I live in Virginia and she's in California. I actually visited her recently. She looks healthy because of the environment. She was living in her house without the proper care, and she was tired, looked stressed and strained. But now she's on a schedule, she's eating three times a day, and she's getting her medicine. There's someone there 24 hours to watch her. The care for my mom is decent. And that's what I needed for her.

However, they could get someone to come and clean the carpet. The carpet needs to be cleaned constantly. I know it doesn't have to be spectacular. And they're also having some difficulties with their paperwork. But hopefully they can get it together and maybe they could resolve some issues that they may have. But overall, the director is wonderful and the management is great. Some of the staff can work on it, but I know it's a challenging job. I wish the best for this company. It's fairly new, about two years old.

From Plaza Village Senior Living

Welcome Home to Plaza Village Senior Living

Experience the Difference of “Resident First Decision Making” at Plaza Village Senior Living. Our community’s unique neighborhood living provides assisted living and memory care residents with choice, value, and a sense of home not found in other large senior living facilities.

Our Resident-First Care Program focuses on providing the assistance you need in the privacy of your own room while allowing for independence on all other levels. Our Licensed Nurse assesses your specific care needs and wishes as well as your lifestyle, personal history and social engagement preferences. We create an individual service plan for each individual based not only on their care needs, but their individual preferences as well. We encourage independence while providing just the right level of assistance.

Resident Services and Amenities (included in rent)

• Dining includes three meals per day, al a carte menu items, and snacks
  • Laundry of personal clothes and linens
  • Daily activities program which includes exercise, games, music and entertainment
  • Computer and printer access
  • Community emergency pendant system for peace of mind
  • Utilities, cable, and phone
  • Transportation to medical appointments and shopping
  • Outdoor patio space and gardens
  • Pet-friendly community

Personal Resident Services (Additional Cost)

• Assistance with Activities of Daily Living including bathing, dressing, escorting, transferring, and incontinence care.
  • Medication management
  • Beauty and Barber services

Plaza Village Senior Living designs its activities program through resident interaction and feedback. With our central location, activities outside of the community are especially rewarding. Trips to Padres games, the Chula Vista Harbor, or to any of the locally famous restaurants are a focus of our program.

For those of you who prefer a quieter approach to activities, our neighborhoods offer space and amenities uniquely designed for card games, conversations, music, or watching sports and movies either alone or with small groups of friends, and family members.

Social Engagement

At Plaza Village we believe in building partnerships within our community. Whether it is with local elementary schools, colleges, social groups, churches or other passionate and talented organizations, we create opportunities for our residents to be active participants both in and outside of our community. This is another way we give back to the greater community while enriching the lives of our residents.

Exercise

We are excited about exercise and creating exercise opportunities to meet your needs no matter the level or intensity of exercise you desire. Come visit our community to see the different types of exercise activities we provide.

You’ll discover the true value of our neighborhoods, as you spend quality time with family and friends cooking and dining, watching a game or movie, playing games and cards, or just relaxing and reading in one of our beautifully appointed neighborhoods. Our community’s unique neighborhood living provides you with choice, value, and a sense of home not found in other large senior living facilities.

Features of Plaza Village Senior Living

• Minimum age: 60

• Housing extra: Neighborhood Living offers a true home-like community for you or your loved one. Our neighborhoods have three to four bedrooms, full kitchens, dining rooms, and fully furnished living rooms equipped with flat screen TV’s offering all the comforts of home
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites