Belmont Village Green Hills

4206 Stammer Place, Nashville, TN, 37215

Reviews of Belmont Village Green Hills

August 14, 2015

By Keith20

Belmont Village is where we have my dad. There are a number of really good things about this place. First of all, it tended to be a bit less money than some of the places I've visited for the quality. It is in a very good neighborhood in Nashville and, unlike some assisted living facilities, it doesn't require a large or any upfront investment. Some of the better facilities here require that you have a buy-in, which could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but this is not like that. This is just rent, and the price is reasonable. The people who work there are extremely professional. Everyone from the administrative staff to the nursing staff is very good. The place is animal-friendly, so if you have a pet or a dog, they will walk them there, which is unusual. They also encourage lots of artistic creativity whether it is people playing music or whatever their hobbies are. It is a nice social community of people who are infirmed or old, and it is a very friendly, very cheery place. I've visited a number of other places here in Nashville, and they were depressing to me; I just didn't like them. I just love the people here. They are such nice people who run this place. It is really one of the best facilities in Nashville.

July 31, 2015

By Mary114774350

Belmont Village was the perfect place for my recuperation from a fall and surgery. All the employees were very helpful and kind. I had all the support I needed until I was able to do things for myself again. I would certainly return if the need arises.

June 02, 2015

By Pjanie

My mother has lived at Belmont Village Green Hills for a year and a half. She suffers from mobility, vision and speech impairments. In that time we have become increasingly distressed by the lack of care she is given. Even though we pay over $4,000 a month, she never receives prompt help when her call button is pushed, many times she has been left alone in the dining hall for close to an hour after meals, she's fallen and has not received prompt attention, the assistants ("PALS") do not help her when transferring from recliner to wheelchair. The PALS just stand back and offer verbal encouragement. And when Mom is absolutely not able to move without assistance, their answer is to send her to the hospital unnecessarily. I have repeatedly taken my concerns to the administration and they just offer lies to me. DO NOT put your loved one in this facility unless they do not need assistance of any kind!

Thank you for letting us know your concerns and for working with our executive director, George, to allow him to clarify actual response times and come up with positive solutions for your mom’s care needs. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your family and we value your input. An open line of communication between family members and our management team is essential to providing the best possible care for our residents.

May 28, 2015

By Bernice6

My sister-in-law is in Belmont Village. Everything is first class. You get 3 meals a day; they have a chef on duty. You have personal assistant liaisons. They’re very nice and very helpful. They carry their patients to and from the doctors if needed. They do her laundry. It’s expensive, though. They have bingo, bridge, activities, word games, and outings. They go on shopping trips. They have different levels of care, and they have Circle of Friends for those that are in early stages of Alzheimer's. I would highly recommend it if a person could afford it.

May 01, 2015

My mom is in Belmont Village. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They have a lot of musical entertainers come in, and they take them out to different places and play games with them.

December 30, 2014

The staff of Belmont Village is very nice and very friendly. I couldn't ask for anything better for my husband. The food tastes very good. Their dining room is very nice and attractive; there are tables for four and a few larger tables. If you want to have a meeting there or a coffee or tea, they can accommodate whatever you want to do. There is a fitness room that they can go to and do exercises with someone instructing them. They have things like bingo, trips, and shuttles to take them shopping. They have a party once a month for the residents which seems very nice. They do quite a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Belmont Village. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to be of service to your family.

September 29, 2014

Belmont Village is the one that we were considering because the price was important and it was the lesser expensive of the ones that I looked at and probably had better facilities. They had a happier environment, but they are understaffed. It has a bit more quality as far as the care, and the staff that they have probably does a very good job.

May 29, 2014

By Karynn

We visited Belmont Village Green Hills several times before we chose it for my mother-in-law. She has been there probably about a month now. It is just amazing. The rooms are beautiful; they're like home. Food is also amazing. You can order from a menu, and they have a special every day. Their dining facility is like a five-star dining room. Also they have waiters who just wait on you. I would like to live at Belmont Village myself. They have a program called Circle of Friends for dementia people. At first they assured us that my mother-in-law would be able to do that; however, at first they said she was refusing to go, and that kind of upset me because they promised that my mother-in-law would be able to do that. So they made a greater effort to get her there because this was the reason why we chose this facility, and my relatives were paying exuberant amounta of money because we want her to benefit from that program. The staff's work ethics is great. There are people everywhere, and they have so many people watching their residents.

October 04, 2013

By Sally16

The staff at Belmont Village of Green Hills has been very, very polite, helpful, and they will do anything for her that she asked for. My friend loves the food. With regards to the amenities, I think they got everything most the residents would need. She loves the classes. She loves the entertainment. They take her out to movies and they take her out to get her nails done. She is happy there.

November 20, 2012

By jmpr2012

This facility is great, because it treats its residents as human beings with feelings, instead of shoving them all in one room and expecting them to like just staring at a blank wall. The staff is caring, attentive, and very committed to following doctor's care plans for their patients. The amenities are top-notch, including various forms of entertainment, exercise programs suited for people with physical as well as mental handicaps, groups for worship or emotional support. I was surprised and pleased with how many things there were to do there. The only negative thing I can say is the location is a bit further from my home than I would have liked, but that isn't the fault of the facility. Another thing I enjoy is that it's more like an apartment building than a nursing home, just with nurse assistance built in. My mom really appreciates having her own space and feeling like she's at home, rather than in an extended stay at some anonymous hospital.

July 06, 2012

By AB9BOPJ3W5LH3

I have had a very positive experience with this provider. The facility is clean and very appealing. They offer a large selection of organized activities and have special luncheons on holidays for families. The food at these holiday events is delicious, although on a day-to-day basis, I find that I do not care for the food served. The facility also has a good reputation with the community. When I was younger, my grade-school class would often visit the residents, such as going caroling there at Christmas. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful and very familiar with all of the residents. The know all of the residents and many of their frequent visitors by name. The residents seem well cared for and generally very happy and social. Both of my family members who have been residents speak (or spoke) very highly of their experiences, the staff, and the other residents. In general, I would say it is a wonderful environment to live in.

July 06, 2012

By kep4

My grandmother has been a resident at Belmont Village for over five years. It makes me ill to walk up to the second floor where she lives because the carpeting is filthy. She has had multiple items stolen from her room when I have had her out of the building . The maintenance man is so unkempt that one assumes he is a homeless man walking about the property. As a Speech Pathologist, I am appalled at the lack of respect the facility has for its Residents as far as hygiene is concerned. Our seniors do not deserve to live in a place where the carpet looks like a Fraternity House after an all night party. We adult children are the ones who must console our parents when their precious belongings are stolen by inconsiderate staff who keep careful track of the absence of the Resident from his/her room for their golden moment of gluttony. Clean up your act guys.

June 11, 2012

By carole154

Wonderful facility for my mother. Caring staff and wonderful surroundings. Can even have your pet.

Photos of Belmont Village Green Hills

Services & Amenities of Belmont Village Green Hills

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4800/month

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: ACLF 59

About Belmont Village Green Hills

Belmont Village of Green Hills, Tennessee is just south of Nashville (Music City, USA). The facility is close to hospitals and specialty physicians, places of worship, restaurants, parks, The Mall at Green Hills, and other noteworthy Nashville attractions.

But there's so much going on at Belmont Village that our assisted living residents may not want to leave the well-manicured grounds and distinctive interiors. In addition to signature hospitality and dining programs, residents have the opportunity to participate in unique events such as the Annual Purse Auction, garden club, weekly game show with prizes, and philanthropy club. Residents can also showcase their literary talents by penning articles for the community newsletter. All of these amenities plus an upbeat staff of well-trained and attentive professionals bring harmony to the daily lives and activities of residents.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming