Sunrise of Naperville North

535 West Ogden Avenue, Naperville, IL, 60563

Reviews of Sunrise of Naperville North

Mary21505850 July 30, 2013

We were looking for a memory care facility for my husband so our family visited Sunrise of Naperville North. The facility has assisted living, memory care, and nursing home-type arrangements.

We had lunch there, and the food was wonderful. The staff was very nice too. They took extra time for us so we could look at everything. We enjoyed our visit. Even my son-in-law from England, who was a little bit hesitant to go into those places, appreciated the experience we had there.

Dakota3 November 20, 2012

I and other members of my family have been very happy with the care provided to my Great Aunt. The facility is always very clean, the staff seems very courteous and my Aunt seems happy living there. My Aunt enjoys the social aspects of the facility and visiting with others at meals and various game activities. I've eaten their with her and have to say the food was quite good as well. My only complaint, is sometimes they have seemed to be short staffed at bedtime and have placed my Aunt in bed by about 7:00 PM and it seems to be because they just that many of the clients need their help at this time and therefore, some have to go to bed early than others. But on the whole, it's been a very pleasant experience for my Aunt and made it on myself to know she's well taken care of.

ggmts27 October 30, 2012

My experience with this particular assisted living facility was not a pleasant one. When I walked in, it felt as if I were in a hospital. The walls were a bleak white color with linoleum floors. My boyfriend told me not to take the elevator because it breaks down all the time. The carpeting was an unattractive dark green and there was a smell of curry throughout the hallway. The resident i was visiting also told me that the other people that live there put food in the laundry room for others. When i looked at the food, a good majority of it was expired.

PatV July 28, 2012

The bright, open public areas make this a great place for my Mother. The staff does a great job keeping up with her and can always answer my questions. Having her doctor, dentist and specialist come to her are added bonuses. Great job Sunrise.

Jazzie1 July 28, 2012

I will transfer my mother here from another facility. She'll be closer to the rest of the family. This place doesn't look like an institution. It has a fireplace, a sitting room, a game room and only 5 or 6 rooms to a hallway so residents won't get lost.

What I like about this place is that they have a sun downing room and an aromatherapy bath with scents of eucalyptus, mint and lavender. These services I didn't find in other places. Other services they provide include memory care unit and lots of activities such as cocktail hour every afternoon when they can talk with each other and interact constantly. They also have games and other mind stimulating activities.

I will recommend this place. It's meeting everything I need as of the moment.

eck November 18, 2011

surroundings are attractive and well maintained. friendly staff are always up-beat and handle problem issues well.

bls September 30, 2011

I first visited this facility when a family friend became unable to care for herself and had to find alternate living arrangements. Although she was in bad health at the time and we all were quite worried for her, the facilities were very nice and the staff courteous and professional. I haven't spent extensive amounts of time in the facility, but the senior citizens there do seem to be lacking somewhat in direction and sense of community.

From Sunrise of Naperville North

Located just minutes from the Morton Arboretum with 1700 acres of beautiful gardens and minutes from Edward Hospital, Sunrise of Naperville North is slightly north of the downtown area of Naperville, IL, the oldest town in DuPage County. Our community sits on the cusp of a residential area just across from Naperville North High School with easy access to the East-West Tollway. We pride ourselves in providing residents with personalized memory care tailored to their unique needs and preferences. Our community’s Reminiscence Neighborhood provides a safe environment for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The Sunrise Memory Care program is centered around creating pleasant days for residents to enjoy complete with engaging activities and outings. We also offer a cozy Nature Center that is unique to our community that includes a running waterfall with peaceful sights and sounds of nature - perfect for afternoon socials and gatherings.

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice touches of home, such as fresh flowers, throughout the community, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Naperville North