Academy Point at Mystic

20 Academy Lane, Mystic, CT, 06355

Reviews of Academy Point at Mystic

Caring95957950 October 17, 2014

We liked the Academy Point at Mystic. We felt welcome, and we enjoyed it. Actually, the staff came out to my mom's house too. They were very accommodating, very helpful. We had lunch there and it was good. They have to accommodate various dietary restrictions, so the food isn't heavily salted -- or isn't salted at all -- for restrictions like that, so they obviously care about what they are doing, and they are very nice people. I would absolutely recommend this place because the staff is very caring and they enjoy what they do. It is also a nice facility. It is well taken care of, it is clean, and everybody is just very nice. I had grandparents who were in various nursing homes, and the people weren't quite as nice. The employees here are just really caring and that's what really makes a facility. My mom has been here for 3 months, and she likes it a lot.

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let the Executive Director know (860-536-1133) if there is ever anything we can do for your and your family.

Diane86265550 July 25, 2014

Academy Point is physically a little smaller. They have community areas for the people to meet, and a lot of different rooms. The people can go into libraries and game rooms. I thought the staff was very friendly. I didn't taste any food, but it looked lovely. They have menus.

Susan84520650 January 31, 2014

I visited Academy Point. It was a beautiful facility and it was probably the nicest one in town. It had a beautiful and looked out over the river. Gosh! Anybody would want to live there. The staff was nice. They had different rooms, like one-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio. However, it was too expensive.

Caring70805350 October 11, 2013

Academy Point has a nice view and the inside of the facility is very attractive, but expensive. The folks there are very social and the staff there are very nice.

MaryC1 July 06, 2012

We moved my grandmother to Academy Point at Mystic after we found that her last facility was lacking the care required to treat her Alzheimer's disease. Her last facility left her alone in a room where she wasn't familiar and she went into a tantrum after they found her confused. When we first toured the Point, we found that the living space and common areas were clean, very hard to find in our area. My mom and I were thrilled to see how close downtown Mystic was to the facility. We actually toured the facility on our own after our tour was over. It was great to meet another family with a resident who also has Alzheimer's, we were able to speak with them about their experience with the Point. The Point has a specialized unit that works exclusively with Alzheimer's patients, and the staff actually get specially trained time to time in working with these patients. There is a security system in place for the Alzheimer's patients, making it hard for them to just stray away from their area. We are very happy with the facility overall, however, we were put off on last visit where the CNAs were talking about their fake Coach purses, and how much money they saved on them. They were supposed to be feeding the residents at this time, not talking about their purses.

brian2 May 30, 2012

The staff at the facility was quite friendly; staff members did seem busy, but only because they were taking good care of the seniors living at Academy Point. On occasions when I visited, there was a packed schedule for the residents. For instance, there was a small concert outside on the patio in the back of the building with sundaes to be enjoyed. The rooms were spacious; each had a television, a bed, a large coach for visitors, and a private bathroom. The bathrooms were also very large, and they were clearly handicap accessible (the showers were very large and open). The rooms were also made safe by having multiple emergency buttons placed throughout the room. The lobbies outside the rooms on each floor provided a nice meeting place for senior friends; they included a piano, board games, chairs, and another television. My uncle seemed content with the food; if he was not feeling up to going to the dining room, he could have it delivered to his room. Additionally, he loved the staff, and certainly was enjoying his time at Academy Point.

From Academy Point at Mystic

Overlooking downtown Mystic, Connecticut, Academy Point is a thoughtful, historic renovation of the former Mystic Academy School. Much of the original building has been preserved to offer an environment rich in local history and fond memories.

An assisted living community, Academy Point provides traditional assisted living services in a residential, home-like environment. View the beautiful seaport from the spectacular 4th floor dining room, or read a treasured book by the fireplace in the living room. Academy Point at Mystic is true New England. Welcome to Academy Point at Mystic!

Academy Point at Mystic is located in Historic Mystic Connecticut. We are located on the Mystic River with a beautiful view of the Mystic Seaport.

Features of Academy Point at Mystic

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: CT

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Academy Point at Mystic