Brightwater

101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC, 29579

Reviews of Brightwater

Kathleen115416550 October 29, 2015

Brightwater was newer. The staff, food, and presentation was great, and the property was beautiful. It was a little expensive.

Thank you for your response. We are glad you had a nice visit. Our Staff works hard to make sure that Brightwater remains Myrtle Beach's premier retirement community including the grounds, food and Wellness. Feel free to call our Lifestyle Advisors to discuss our All Inclusive pricing. Hopefully they can create a plan that is attractive to you and provide you with the lifestyle you want and deserve.Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mary113525850 October 29, 2015

Brightwaters is a wonderful place. They have different activities. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Thank you for your response. We are glad you had a nice visit and look forward to seeing you again soon. Our Social Director certainly works diligently to make sure our Community Members are enjoying everything that Brightwater has to offer. Thank you for noticing. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Anonymous117515550 September 30, 2015

I am consistenty impressed with how nice the staff are and how genuinely they are about the people living at Brightwater.

Lauren15 September 07, 2015

My father-in-law is in memory care of Brightwater, and the staff is amazing and very professional -- I couldn't be happier. It is the most expensive one, but it is very clean, aesthetically beautiful, and has lots of activities going on. I'm extremely impressed -- it's worth the money.

Thank you for the nice words about the care we are providing for your Father-In Law. Our staff is fully dedicated to making sure your loved ones are "Living The Weller Life" and it is always rewarding when they receive compliments from the family. Thank you again for the comments.

Deborah105645550 May 27, 2015

It was very nice, but I think it was more for someone who is a little younger than my mother because they seem to do a lot more, and they did have a point system for food or eating arrangements; I think that would be too much for her. Like I said, the people that live there go out a lot. My mother is 90, and she is probably more for staying in than going out to a lot of places. The staff was very informative, and they have called back a few times just to check and see what she has decided or if she has decided anything. They were very helpful, and we enjoyed the tour. It was a probably a place for me and my husband.

Betsy L. Morgan May 15, 2015

Thank you for providing Brightwater Senior Living facility. I am very happy living here (almost 3 years in May). Staff is very helpful and friendly. Food is delicious. Activities are educational. Buildings and grounds are lovely and well maintained.

M. Guzzardo April 30, 2015

There is so much about Brightwater that I like. The people are fine and there is always something to do.

Inky Bernais April 30, 2015

I have been happily living here. My unit is small and just right for me. The "help" is kind and helfpul. The food is good. The activities are "to my liking". Often more available than I care for. My unit is plesant and cleaned well regularly. The activities provided for us satisfy me. I take part regularly. Happy to be here. So far my attitude is positive here.

Pauline F. Barrie April 23, 2015

I feel very secure at Brightwater. The people are interesting, the food is delicious and there is always something to do.

William E. Witter April 18, 2015

Utilizing the five star rating as above; food (4), accomodation (4), entertainment (5), activities (4), parking (3). Other comments: Wendy does an outstanding job during entertainment and running the many events she runs.

robert8396 April 03, 2015

We went to Brightwater. It was very nice. For one thing, if you go into their assisted living and, later on, you can no longer take care of yourself, they go on from there. In other words, they have doctors and nurses there. I liked that they had a swimming pool. It is not that far from the hospital in Myrtle Beach.

A.Commerton March 09, 2015

One thing you can say about Brightwater is that there is never a dull moment. You can go on trips to wineries, visit beautiful Brook Green Gardens, go on boat rides on nearby lakes and rivers as well as enjoy a wide variety of in house and outside entertainment. If you like to read and do crafts there are several from which you can choose. The variety of events means that there is something for all tastes. Sometimes it is just pleasant to sit outside, enjoy the beautiful surroundings, soak up the sun, and chat with your neighbors. Recently, I have become a member of the Resident Advisory Council, editor of the Brightwater newsletter, and chairman of the Book Keys book club. This involvement has allowed me to give back to the community that I love so much.

Judie3 February 22, 2015

My friend is at Brightwater. It’s a very nice, fairly new, and clean. The place is secure and safe.

Carol90886950 December 15, 2014

Everything looked really good at Brightwater. I like their apartments. The staff were very helpful.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again. If we can be of any more help, do not hesitate to reach out at info@brightwater-living.com or 843-903-8300.

Cleokitty November 04, 2014

The biggest complaint my father had/has is the lack of concern by the nurse. Was told that there is a 24RN on duty when there is one LPN on duty at night. As a diabetic he needs his blood sugar checked before breakfast and dinner. They are usually checked while having breakfast or after and tonite, having dinner at 6:30 sugar was checked at 7:45. Very short staffed. Rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis, not even the bathrooms. Floors are always dirty. The physical therapy staff are top notch. The best you will find anywhere. The biggest problems are with the nursing staff. That alone is the reason I cannot give more than one star.

At Brightwater, we take concerns regarding our members, our employees, and our community seriously. Every day our community strives to provide excellent healthcare in a clean, safe environment for our members. If you haven’t done so, we ask that you directly reach out to our Executive Director who is aware of your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community.

Beth21 July 19, 2014

I have been at Brightwater to visit people. It is very beautiful. It may be five or six years old. It is quite new. It is light and bright and probably five times as big as the other facility I visited. Brightwater was wonderful. They had absolutely gorgeous rooms. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious. The people did a good job. They were very efficient. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Lisa85621250 May 22, 2014

Brightwater was very nice, but it was just too expensive. The rooms didn't have a balcony. The staff who toured us was very nice and did the best she could. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.

Eleanor5 May 11, 2014

Brightwater is a very nice facility and very well equipped. It provided everything that everyone could possibly want, but they are a little bit more expensive than an ordinary person could afford. I wish they could lower the price a little bit.

Sheryl7 May 11, 2014

Brightwater was beautiful; it's just that it was way higher than what we can afford price-wise. If money was no object, I would have no problem. They did have more accommodation for us. They had the pool, which would have been a plus. The staff were very nice and very friendly. They were also very accommodating. I got a very warm feeling. As far as the amenities, they have top ratings.

Linda62360050 May 09, 2014

Brightwater was a little too expensive for what my father wanted. The rooms were gorgeous, and it had a beautiful dining room. It was definitely upscale. It looked like an exclusive hotel. They have three meals a day, but you buy your meals. I think people just don’t like the expense of it.

Kathleen21 March 27, 2014

Brightwater is what I like the best. It's a retirement community, but they have assisted living in there and Alzheimer's. It's a perfect place, but I can't afford it. Everything about it is terrific. It's very clean. I like their rooms, their meals, their dining room and their staff. They have a ton of activities, from health to games to outings to everything. The staff is fabulous.

John81843650 March 27, 2014

I lived in the area of Brightwater, and it was pretty easy to find. It was a little pricey, but it was nice and really attractive. It was well-done, clean, and nicely decorated. There weren't many people that I saw, but the staff was very pleasant to us. We looked at the house and the rooms, and they were both nice and a good size. We ate lunch there, and I had turkey, which was kind of bland, but they had a variety, and I'm sure some of it was kind of tasty. They told me what activities they had, but I didn't see anybody doing them.

Caring76590550 January 28, 2014

What I liked best about Brightwater was the layout of the facility and the fact that they have very nice dining facilities there. There were two different style rooms. One is a little bit bigger than another. They're not anything wonderful and they have a refrigerator and a microwave in each room. The sanitation was okay. As far as just looking at it, it looked fairly clean and the people seemed very nice.

They have an indoor spa pool for therapy, an outdoor pool, a fitness center that has got pool tables and from what I could tell, they have a lot of different activities out there. They have a miniature golf on the premises and they have a little bit of a driving range.

Caring82123450 December 31, 2013

I had a written invitation from Brightwater and I toured the facility. I had two meals there and their chef was superb. The food was wonderful. They had a large variety of facilities. They were all well taken care of. They were very costly though.

Linda Cantey December 25, 2013

I was at Brightwater receiving physical therapy for two weeks. The first ten days were very pleasant. Great staff! Upon arriving we were told we could leave at any time we felt like our goals had been meet. This is not a prison. However when I asked to leave after ten days I was told I would be leaving ama. I had never heard of ama. I found out that it meant against medical advise. I was told that if I left ama that medicare probably wouldn,t pay for my treatment. I felt like I was being held hostage. After three days of trying to check out,, I finally got to see Dr. Armonio and he said I was free to go. I checked out on Dec. 24. Even though I had a Drs. permission, my discharge papers said I was leaving ama. This is not true! The discharge clerk refused to fill my prescription for a walker and a wheelchair and wouldn,t let us borrow or rent one. Ridiculous behavior! I thought I was going to have to get a Presidential pardon to check out. Being admitted and the care were excellent. The staff could not have been better. However, all they need are bars and a guard and it would be a prison when you are ready to leave. I would rate the care at five. I would rate the checkout procedure at 0 ! Beth was not cooperative at all. It was a very frustrating and unbelievable experience. Were they worried about my care or Medicare?

Issue has been passed on to the Executive Director for follow up.

caring0433 August 10, 2013

I received a phone call from my Aunt and she stated that the woman in charge of the facility,( I will not mention her name) acts very pleasant to visitors and residents but then she talks badly about them when she thinks no one is listening. It has bothered my aunt so much that she is looking for a different place to live.

We take concerns of this nature very seriously at Brightwater. While we can appreciate your desire to stay anonymous, please encourage your Aunt to contact Executive Director Jimmy Justice directly so we can be proactive in responding to any concerns she may have. Jimmy has an open door policy and will make himself available at her earliest convenience. Our number one goal is to provide a beautiful, safe and rewarding environment for our Members and we look forward to an opportunity to improve our delivery of service.

Hanna1 May 31, 2013

Everything in Brightwater was nice and clean because it's practically new. We were toured, and they showed us their model apartments and cottages. The apartments were very nice, roomy and well located. The staff were friendly, very accommodating, and they answered questions. They also provide shuttle to take the residents to their doctor's appointment. Everything seemed to be pretty well taken care of. We had a delicious dinner. The location though is so secluded and away from everything else.

Salvatore1 May 18, 2013

People at Caring.com told me to visit Brightwater and I just got here a couple of hours ago. The rooms are pretty good, the staff and the place are very nice.

waltonbeach90 November 28, 2012

I felt as if the atmosphere was very pleaseant and the service provided was outstanding. The living condition were excellent as well as the food that my grandfather ate daily. there was good variety in the food as well as many activities to participate in. The only thing i would complain about is the staffs relationships with eachother. To explain the staff seemed to be hostile with each other, and had continual fits wioth eachother, basically drama. it didnt conlict with there work but was unproffesional

Thank you for your comments. Our goal at Brightwater is to hire, train and retain excellent employees who believe in our mission and who always hold themselves in a professional manner. Brightwater's Executive Director takes employee concerns very seriously. We appreciate you wanting to stay anonymous, however, our Executive Director is very willing to discuss your concerns, if you would like to speak directly. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

caring6221 June 29, 2012

Our visit turned out very good. It was a beautiful facility. It's well-manicured. It's very very nice. We happened to go at a time where all the residents were in one area doing some kind of an activity. They looked happy and cheerful especially the women that we had spoken to. Some of them were very personable and had to come over and see what we're doing. Their hair was just so nice. They were dressed nice. It definitely made an impression.

The staff was accommodating and very welcoming. We were very well received. I like how they had the place decorated. It was a very well lit area. There was plenty of room, nothing to get in the way of the residents moving around. That day we visited they were making cookies and they had asked us if we wanted to taste it but we did not, but it smelled very, very good.

About Brightwater

Brightwater is an assisted living facility in Myrtle Beach, SC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brightwater for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Brightwater

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy