Brighton Gardens of Mountainside

1350 Route 22, West, Mountainside, NJ, 07092

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Mountainside

Lauren20 February 29, 2016

Brighton Gardens of Mountainside is beautiful like a hotel. It is very nice looking and very clean. They have a couple of therapy dogs which my grandmother is really into. They have tons of activities. It seems like it was a well taken care of place. My grandmother shares a one-bedroom. Her roommate is in the living area and she is in the actual room but for what she’s paying, it’s definitely reasonable. She shares her closet, bathroom, and kitchen area and the entire unit is actually big enough for them. She has a knitting group. They have a psychologist who talks to them regularly. They have a social hour everyday at 3:00PM. They take the residents out to WalMart and the Dollar Store.

snegem February 25, 2016

My parents were there for more than a year and we found that the facility over promises and under delivers.. The service is inconsistent; the food not very good and there is an odd disconnect between SOME of the management team and family members who want to be involved in their loved one's care; we were left with the impression from some that our input wasn't welcome.

Thank you for sharing a review. Please know that we take all concerns, like yours, seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Loving Son 2 December 29, 2015

My mother is at Brighton Gardens of Mountainside. I find the facility quite accommodating and very well staffed with people very concerned about their tenants. My mother seems to be very happy there. The surroundings are friendly and open. There are plenty of things to do. Care is taken to make sure everybody has the ability to go wherever they need to go.

Tom106701250 May 28, 2015

We are going to go with Brighton Gardens of Mountainside. The people were really good. The way they work together was nice, and it was very homey. They had a large one-bedroom. I do not know if it is going to be available when my aunt goes there in August, but it was a good size. Some of the rooms were tiny. They have a lot of activities.

Henry15 November 30, 2014

I was able to visit Brighton Gardens, and the facility is very nice. They do have a wide variety of activities for their residents. I didn’t see anything that needed improvement. Everything was outstanding. They have plenty of staff.

Kati1 September 08, 2014

The best thing about Brighton Gardens of Mountainside for us is its location. The facility seemed a decent place. It’s clean. They were able to answer all of the questions that we had and they were very professional. The rooms are of a decent size. They were able to discuss some activities, like they go on field trips and they take the residents to the grocery store or the mall.

T171717 December 08, 2012

I have a great sense of confidence in the straff where my mom lives. I can put my head on my pillow at night knowing she is well cared for. The atmosphere is always busy and welcoming, I feel like a part of the family. To see my mom put her trust in her care givers is touching to me as a family member. I would recommend Brighton Gardens of Mountainside to anyone looking for a place for their family member for peace of mind.

Azhang June 29, 2012

This facility was overall, very nice. Brighton Gardens is located in a suburb area. Most people here are generally well off and therefore the community is well off. Even though my grandma does not speak English very well, there are several well knit communities within the assisted living center. She is allowed to interact with other Asians living there. From my visit, I could see that there is quite a schedule for activities. People who are living there are never bored, as they have movies, bingo, card games, and even wii and xbox. The staff is very amicable as well. They greeted my dad and I with a hearty welcome when we visited and helped me find my grandmother's room. Although they don't seem too busy all the time, they are nice people. The facilities were clean too. The room itself was clean although it was just a tiny small. Overall, my visit to this assisted living facility was splendid and I look forward to visiting my grandma here again.

kars September 29, 2011

A good friend of mine was referred to this place by his family. I visit him often according to his time and enjoy seeing him. I have observed the facility is clean and the staff are always helpful whenever I need to find my friend. My friend seems at peace and enjoys what the facility offers. He tells me the place is like school where he is learning and enjoying others and activities around him. He laughs how he doesn't have to worry about cleaning and laundry because everything is done. I enjoy seeing my friend during sunny weathers because of its fresh air,beautiful, peaceful, and safe atmosphere. I guess when I turn old I would rather prefer this place then anywhere else. I visit my friend from time to time and bring in his favorite snacks, magazines and books, however I miss seeing him on a daily basis.

Kermitizer May 17, 2011

Visited this facility

Brighton Gardens has some beautiful facilities in a very convenient location right off of Route 22. It is located in a wonderful, wooded environment and plenty of programs are available to those that are staying at the facility. After touring and participating in many events located at the facility over the years, I can attest to the high quality of living that I would be extremely happy to have the honor of receiving when its my turn to participate in assisted living. One example of the many programs available at Brighton Gardens is the new spring flower planting course, which happens to be run by a local Eagle Scout hopeful. In the class, those living at the facility will learn how to plant and take care of spring flowers in their own, hand-built planters with a team of experienced instructors. All in all, Brighton Gardens is a place I would feel safe leaving any one of my family members, including my very own parents and myself.

From Brighton Gardens of Mountainside

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Mountainside

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Brighton Gardens of Mountainside