Palms of Mt. Pleasant

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Palms of Mt. Pleasant

January 28, 2016

By Caring Relative10

We have placed my sister in assisted living program at The Palms of Mt. Pleasant. She has been there for a couple of months now. So far, it has been very good. We have no complaints at this point. It has worked fine for my sister so far and we are very impressed with what we’re seeing. Right now, care has been very good. As far as we can tell, it has been excellent.

December 30, 2015

By Dorothy117937950

My mom moved into The Palms almost two months ago. It was really the cheapest place out of all the places in Mount Pleasant where she could stay. My mom was scared. However, this is the place that my uncle looked at and really liked, so my mom knows some of the people there already. She really liked the place a whole lot, and it was a perfect fit for her. She was getting ready to get out of rehab really fast, and a place opened just in time. Their food is delicious, and they have an excellent chef. I know she goes to bingo and the library, and they have movie nights.

December 29, 2015

By Kay E.

The Palms was a very large community with studio apartments, one-bedrooms, and deluxe one-bedrooms which are a little larger in square footage. They included a cable television and a telephone, which we thought were a good things. If you wanted Internet service, they can add that. Independent living and assisted were on the same grounds as memory care. They had an indoor pool wherein they do pool exercises, which I thought was really unique. They have social hour on Friday evening where they do allow alcohol, and they play bingo, card games, and other social activities. Every evening, they have movies in a special room. They have a bus service to go to shopping and doctors' offices. They have book clubs and a library. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and has kept in contact with me by calling once a month, which is very nice. Everybody interacts with each other there. They will bring you around, introduce you to people ,and have you eat a meal with someone, so you get to know people, which I thought was very nice, too.

December 28, 2015

By Corteria

I thought The Palms was very good. I really liked it. The apartment that I saw was small. I found that it was a little pricey, but that did not bother me at the moment because I was looking for a place that I could feel at home and safe. They had a place for activities, and it looked like they had a lot of activities for their people. I ate a good lunch there. They had a library, a place for people to have their hair done, and a swimming pool. It was more upscale. From their menu, which had, like, French cuisine, you could order whatever you wanted, and they would fix it.

July 19, 2014

By Megan9

I visited The Palms, and I thought it was very nice. The population is a little bit older. I think the average age there is closer to 85. It's independent, assisted, and then nursing home. We live here, so we are 5 minutes down the road. The dining room looks nice. The room that I looked at was a 1-bedroom, and I also looked at one of their houses on the premises. The house was nice. The apartments were not as nice. The kitchen was smaller. Everybody seems very friendly, and they look like they try to keep the residents busy. They had an indoor pool, a workout room, and book clubs. I think the grounds need to be maintained better. When I was there, the side of one of the buildings needed to be pressure-washed; it was getting green mildew growing on it. One of the walkways had a wooden bridge over a lake, but its paint was all peeling up, and it just looks like they need to give a little bit more attention. It looks tired. They just need to maintain the exterior of the property better.

March 29, 2014

I think everything was very nice at Palms of Mt. Pleasant. It looked like they’re a good place to me. I really like it because I think they have more things to offer. I like the fact that people could have more social activity there. The staff was all nice and accommodating. They were very good. They had two or three different options for the rooms; and the rooms were very nice.

September 28, 2013

By Family who care

My mother's experience in assisted living in this facility was largely terrible. My mother has difficulties with mobility. She has been left lay in wet undergarments, and on one occasion was told by a staff member to wet herself in bed because the staff member could not help her. On another occasion she was left alone sitting on a toilet for 30 minutes. Staff were extremely slow in responding to call buttons for help, particularly at at night.Staff at times has refused/neglected to help her shower on scheduled days (including for five days after one occasion of being left in wet undergarments). While some staff there were dedicated and caring, the incompetence, abuse and neglect of others far overshadowed the good staff's efforts. The air conditioner in her room did not work through the South Carolina summer, and nothing was done despite reporting the problem multiple times.My mother has finally agreed to come live with us. Both my wife and I work in the health care industry and have extensive experience with elder care facilities- this is some of the worst care we have ever seen. Our advice to the facility- staff it adequately and train and supervise your staff. our advice to anyone considering this facility for assisted living for your loved one: AVOID IT no matter how slick the sales pitch, which in our case proved far from truthful.

September 25, 2013

By Julie18

The Palms was beautiful and we loved it. They had wonderful people. They had an indoor pool. However, my mother needed more care. I would recommend them to people who could get around on their own more because it is a lovely facility.

June 28, 2013

By Andrea8

I liked everything at The Palms of Mt. Pleasant. The rooms were fine. The people were very friendly and helpful. They made me feel good when I was there. They answered all my questions. The residence were also very nice and welcoming.

November 12, 2011

By angeladybug

The dining room is outstanding. The lists of activities show good organization and thoughtfulness.

Photos of Palms of Mt. Pleasant

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Minimum Age: None

About Palms of Mt. Pleasant

Palms of Mt. Pleasant offers compassionate senior care in Mount Pleasant, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Palms of Mt. Pleasant shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Mount Pleasant, SC.

Map of Palms of Mt. Pleasant