Lorien Mt. Airy

713 Midway Avenue, Mount Airy, MD, 21771

Reviews of Lorien Mt. Airy

kgram60 June 29, 2016

My grandmother lived at Lorien Mt. Airy for 7 years. After the positive experience she had at the rehab unit there, she made the decision to move into the Assisted Living unit. During her time at Lorien, she made several good friends and planned her days around the various activities or trips that were offered. We felt blessed that our loved one was able to live out the end of her life in a place where she was well cared for and the staff felt like extended family.

Daughters of resident June 29, 2016

Everything about or experience with Lorien of Mt. Airy was positive. The staff was competent, caring, professional and personable. Even the staff that didn't work directly with the residents knew all their names and always had a kind word or greeting. Mom's room was more than adequate and the food was good. The staff on the third floor assisted living was especially capable and caring and they kept us informed at every turn. We have recommended this facility many times and will continue to sing their praises. Thank you, Lorien

gran1674 June 29, 2016

I was fortunate to be able to do my rehab at Lorien, Mt. Airy. The care, the progress and the professionalism was tops. I would recommend Lorien, Mt. Airy to anyone. I also have relatives as residents. All are very happy with their new home. The cleanliness, the health care, the activities are amongst the best.

Barbara184065 June 28, 2016

I visited Lorien Mt. Airy. I had an aunt that lived there, and now her husband volunteers there. It is quite accessible to Damascus, MD, so that’s why it is well-liked by people in this area. The staff seemed to be pleasant. My relatives who had been there found it to be quite good. Cleanliness, politeness, and all of the basic things were a 5, but the reason I’m not interested in it is because they mainly have older people, and I’m looking for something that has younger people.

Caring daughter-in-law1 November 29, 2015

My father-in-law liked the food at Lorien Mt. Airy. They really didn't have any activities for assisted living. The staff was very sparse, but you would occasionally see a couple of nurses, and they were very nice. The couple we would see took care of him and were there full time, which was very nice. You just didn't see a lot of people around. It was clean. I never ate there. It's not a very big dining area, but there were tables set up and most of them had four people to a table. Their acute care and rehab area impressed me the most. I wouldn't recommend the assisted living, but I would recommend if someone needs to go there for acute care or rehab because it's very good. There are so many areas in that facility; they do sub-acute rehab, long-term or skilled, and then the assisted living. The assisted living is not very good, and the skilled could be improved upon.

Ruthann1 November 30, 2013

The other one we were looking at was Lorien. Their rooms were average-sized. I have visited this facility three times because, location-wise, it was closer to me. I thought that would be the place to go for my friend, but at that time, they didn't have any availability. It was an older facility. They were also in the process of renovating and upgrading it. They did have some very good ideas with their renovations, but I went there three times in a couple of months and it didn't look like they had made much progress. However, it looked like it would be very nice once they completed their renovations. If we have to move my friend, that's the one we would try to get into if he was going to move closer to where I live.

From Lorien Mt. Airy

Welcome to Lorien Mt. Airy

Nestled in the heart of the historic Mt. Airy community, Lorien Mt. Airy stands ready to meet the many changing needs of the members of its community. New residents at Lorien Mt. Airy are warmly welcomed by attentive and caring staff, as well as by congenial community members. Dedicated staff feels privileged to serve in this cooperative environment, where resident centered care is paramount.

A passage from a family member's note to us states:

"As I visited each day, I always felt the warmth and comfort that abounded amongst you and how it made my wife, and me, feel that you were part of our loving, extended family... and you know what? ... that goes for every department: Nursing, Therapy, Administration, Activities, Nutrition, Maintenance and all. You all made it the best of worlds for both of us during that trying time."

Within the Assisted Living ~ comprised of 93 private apartments, multiple common areas, two dining rooms, ice cream parlor, piano parlor and library ~ residents are encouraged to exercise as much independence as possible. Relevant recreation and activities, as well as physical exercise and spiritual programs round out the experience of purposeful living at Lorien Mt. Airy. Competent, trained staff is available to assist with simple support, as well as more comprehensive care, as needed.

Lorien Mt. Airy's continuity of care, comprehensive programs and flexible services are designed to promote healing, provide the highest quality of life and help ease the transitions shared by residents, patients and their families. You are welcome to explore the possibilities with us!

Features of Lorien Mt. Airy

• Housing extra: Couples may share a studio or a one-bedroom unit.
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• State License(s): 1548261803