Elmcroft of Halcyon

1775 Halcyon Blvd, Montgomery, AL, 36117

Reviews of Elmcroft of Halcyon

January 22, 2015

By Bobby8

Everything about Elmcroft of Halcyon was good. I left there with a very positive impression and went back and recommended it to my wife's aunt, but she wouldn't cooperate. The rooms were nice. There wasn't anything about it that I did not like. The only problem I had with it was that this lady was 101 years old and about to be 102, and if she's going to need more than assisted living, they didn't have that. They had some lady working with them when I was there. They were having some king of group get together. I wasn't paying attention with what they were doing, but they seemed to be occupied. They had a way to transport them -- if they were able -- to shopping malls.

October 25, 2014

By Ashley14

Elmcroft was a good facility. It’s not a gated facility, but you can’t leave the front door without them knowing. I thought the rooms were very nice. He was not eligible for it though.

May 20, 2014

By John Bitter

My visit at Elmcroft of Halcyon was not very satisfying. It didn’t feel right. We were interviewed by the maintenance man, and this place didn’t look very inviting. The rooms were too small. The dining room looked pretty good.

January 23, 2014

By Duane2

Other

I talked with this place. They were very help full. They have places in all three states that I am looking at.

December 27, 2013

By sds1

This facility was very clean and odor free. It was decorated for the holidays and they had a tree in the lobby the residents had "rolled" after the Auburn/Alabama football game.The dining room, and halls were also nice. There was even a porch for the residents to sit outside in rockers. The staff was very friendly (offering us tea and treats) and helpful (explained the plans and levels of care and costs associated with them). We looked at several different rooms and spoke with a couple of residents. We are looking for a facility for my sick father-in-law and when the time comes, my husband and I will consider this facility for our loved one.

June 06, 2012

Elmcroft is reported to be one of the nicest facilities in Montgomery, Alabama and so we checked this place out for my brother and eventually had him moved there. I believe this facility was voted to be one of the best assisted living. My brother is in an apartment style set up. It's a bit small but he seemed comfortable there. There are days that he is happy and there are days that he's not. The staff are all good. I haven't got the chance to taste their food and brother did not complain anything about so it must be good.

Photos of Elmcroft of Halcyon

Features of Elmcroft of Halcyon

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6000/month

• State Licenses: D5125

About Elmcroft of Halcyon

Elmcroft of Halcyon is located just off Taylor Road, around the corner from the East Chase Shopping Center in Montgomery, Alabama. With historic downtown a few short miles away, Elmcroft assisted living residents can view some of the nation's most significant historic landmarks. Visit the birthplace of the Civil War at the First White House of the Confederacy and the Rosa Parks Cultural Library and Museum. The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts is home to a wonderful array of collections and exhibits as well. Full of history and rich tradition, Montgomery offers a taste of culture for everyone.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Halcyon, a Montgomery assisted living and Alzheimer's care community offers accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Halcyon has a licensed Health Care Director on-site or on-call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Halcyon features a full sprinkler system. Each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each Montgomery senior living apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, soda shop-style activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Halcyon is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Halcyon is truly a great place to live and work and is pleased to be part of the Montgomery, Alabama community.

Map of Elmcroft of Halcyon