Sunrise of Monterey

1110 Cass St., Monterey, CA, 93940

Reviews of Sunrise of Monterey

jmallory January 19, 2015

Sunrise provides my mom with compassionate, sensitive, loving and professional care in their Terrace level of assisted living. New, well-maintained facility, superb staff, best institutional food mom has ever had (home made soups!). Totally supportive, welcoming, completely transparent administration. My mother and I both are completely satisfied and grateful that she's in their loving care. I can't say enough about my satisfaction with Sunrise of Monterey. Mom has been there for almost a year now and she is comfortable, safe and happy.

Caring99023450 December 30, 2014

The reason my wife didn't want to go there is because it is a small community. Sunrise of Monterey only has 53 guests. My wife thinks the number is too constraining, and she would not be able to develop any relationships. We were pretty impressed by it in the sense that it was very large. It was like a 5-star hotel. But there were just not enough people in there. The staff was very friendly.

Caring96596450 November 05, 2014

The staff in sunrise is sales focused, not service focused. The rooms are small, and the service is poor. The food is average and nothing exceptional. The dining room is carpeted and well-decorated. I think most residents have memory problems and probably really didn’t know where they were. They need a higher staffing level to take care of the residents.

We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

Maria32 June 26, 2014

There were no rooms at Sunrise for me to see. They were full. It was really nice. It was clean, maintained, and it looked like a home. You can see the dining area on one side. All of the staff was very nice, very accommodating. They had a schedule of activities. There were some people in a common area who were playing some games. I love the grounds. They were very clean, none of that stinky odor you get when you're in those places.

Kathleen11 October 30, 2013

Sunrise was a lovely facility, friendly staff, clean place and I would place my husband there. It wasn't gloomy and it was bright and alive. Based upon what I've read and the locations of the others, it would suit my needs perfectly.

Linda72615750 July 23, 2013

When it became apparent that my husband needed more specialized care than I was able to give him at home, I began what was a stressful and demanding search for an alternative. I won’t detail the many steps which led me to Sunrise of Monterey, but it was a careful and detailed process. I was first struck by the beauty of the place – elegant, tasteful, almost resort-like. My husband was a man who appreciated those things and I wanted him to live within that lovely ambiance. Next I was impressed by the supervisorial expertise. The managers I dealt with were professional, involved, responsive. But of course the most important element of all for me was the quality of the caregivers. My husband is mentally and physically helpless – completely vulnerable. I wanted him treated with loving kindness, patience and respect by well-trained compassionate people. I have not been disappointed, and this is a gift beyond price. The intelligent friendly kindness exhibited by the Sunrise staff at all levels has made a very painful situation much easier for myself and my family, and for this we are deeply appreciative.

CherylinCali June 28, 2013

I came to Sunrise as a respite after surgery. My residence was beautiful and comfortable. The care managers were amazing! I had to constantly have help getting in and out of bed and their response was always prompt. They were cheerful, friendly and always asking me what else I might need to be more comfortable. The food was very good and I always had choices and could get something not on the menu if I wanted. I had a very positive experience and I highly recommend them.

From Sunrise of Monterey

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That?s also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service, and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

Sunrise takes pride in offering the kind of service and environment that merits the praise and confidence of our residents and their families. Constant communication with our residents and families in forums like our resident council, family meetings, and customer satisfaction surveys help us to always improve.

Resident-centered model with Designated Care Managers assigned to a consistent, and small group of residents. Variable staff ensures more than adequate staffing at peak times. Sunrise Principals of Service.

Features of Sunrise of Monterey

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Staff patient ratio: Variable based on need and neighborhood
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 275202358

• Financial guidance extra: City of Monterey, Low Income Housing for a select number of Assisted Living companion suites
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Monterey