Montclair Royale

9685 Monte Vista Avenue, Montclair, CA, 91763

Reviews of Montclair Royale

Randy281831 October 13, 2016

My dad is pretty happy at Montclair Royale. He is satisfied with the facility and the help that he is getting. They have an activity area, a TV room, and a nice-sized courtyard. They have a really nice dining area too. He said the food is good, but the portions are kind of small. The rates are reasonable, and so far, we have been pretty happy with it. It is all inclusive.

Hello Randy It is quite common in the industry as a whole where food portions come up for discussion. In general female clients want smaller portions and male clients want larger portions. With that regard we fill plates with more than the normal size portion. Typically the client eventually will tell the server to please either limit the portion size OR increase it. It's entirely up to the resident. Recognizing that many residents come from the depression era, they still live thinking they do not want to waste anything, which is why we usually get comments that portion sizes are too large. Thank you for you comment and please note again, all the resident has to do is let the server know and the server will gladly accommodate the request.

Thomas172736 October 10, 2016

Montclair Royale was a nice place. I like it, but it was out of my price range. I didn’t pursue it very far, but I was on a waiting list of two years. It was something I can do. I just talked to somebody at the leasing office that said they had a waiting list.

Melvin5 May 11, 2016

We only visited Montclair Royale for my mother. That one was very nice. They’re very reasonable. They gave us the information. Everything was nice. The staff was fine. They’re very friendly, they’re nice, and they answered some of the questions we had. They gave us more information that I was looking for at the time. They’re very helpful. Everybody was great.

Dee25 February 29, 2016

I move my mom in Montclair Royale. I love the facility. I love how they keep it clean and how they tend to my mom. She is really happy there. She knows the staff by their name and has no complaint. She is always dressed and ready to go. Their room is always clean and she really likes her roommate. It working pretty good to her. They take their residents out on field trips. They have internal activities like bingo, arts & craft, bible studies and movie nights. They often take her down to the courtyard where she can get some fresh air and she can walk around. She likes to jog and she goes around in the courtyard. I like it a lot for my mom.

Andrew27 December 17, 2015

The person at Montclair Royale did not give us enough time. She was in a big hurry because she had another appointment. The facility is being remodeled. It looks like it is well maintained inside. I believe they were moving the residents around, because they had to do each room at a time. It did not stand out to me. The surrounding area is right next to a hospital, and it is in a lower-middle class area. The driveway needed to be redone. The parking lot was small; we had to park next door.

Christine116112950 November 22, 2015

I looked at Montclair Royale for my grandfather. They’re a little bit more expensive; my grandfather can only afford a shared room there. I dealt with one staff member who was helpful. The community was OK but wasn’t as nice as the one that my grandfather moved into. However, it was on a busy street, and the area was not safe.

Eileen27 June 29, 2015

The people were very friendly and very accommodating at Montclair Royale. It was very nice. It was renovated recently. We saw the dining room, and it was beautiful. They had several nice rooms that the residents could use for either watching television or socializing. I would recommend it to others.

Richard107707650 June 20, 2015

Montclair Royale is a nice place, and it is clean. They are very accommodating. It is very well staffed. They play bingo, watch movies, and go shopping. It is a hundred yards away from Montclair Hospital. My cousin loves it.

Caring105117250 May 05, 2015

Montclair Royale is good in how easy it is to sign up and how easy it is to work with them in getting all the specifics put together. Overall, it seems good although my uncle has been in there for only a few months. The environment is nice, but the place is kind of small. It looks like it is big from the outside, but it is not a big facility. Inside, it is fairly clean. They have people that work on that floor, but it is not structured as other places would be in terms of getting a hold of somebody. They are kind of slow in some ways when it comes to getting of a hold of people like the staff or the administration. They are good with responding when you do get a hold of them like when they know they need to talk to you.

Bill104328550 April 17, 2015

We are going to be placing our aunt at Montclair on Tuesday. Basically, I liked the way they had everything set. When I walked through the doors, I liked the entrance area. I like the counselor a lot better; she has worked with me a lot more, filled me in with what is going on, and how to do it. All around, it was just a better feel. The rooms were very nice; there was a good selection of rooms with different sizes and different layouts. They had just recently upgraded a lot of rooms, and they have more rooms to upgrade. I just met a few of the staff members -- I was basically dealing more with the counselors and the management -- and they were very good, very knowledgeable, and they gave me a few different avenues to look at. They had all the activities that all these other ones had. They had the basic ones -- they had Bingo and the TV lounge, they work with the individuals whether it be memory care, and they have general games. They did have a little physical fitness program in the morning. They get them all out there, stretch them, and kind of work with them to keep their bottoms moving.

Barbara108646150 April 01, 2015

Montclair Royale is very nice, and the people were very good. The staff was very friendly. It is a very nice place. It is upgraded, and I think they just renewed the whole inside of it right before we got there. It is all updated, and it has a very friendly atmosphere. It is very nice, and the person who did the walkthrough was very sweet and very nice. They have big rooms, there's two little rooms, and they all seem to have a nice view. They have laundry and a salon. They have transportation and family members can take them.

Caring107249550 March 07, 2015

My brother-in-law is currently in a facility called Montclair Royale. He has been there since the end of May. I have some doubts about the qualifications of some of the employees. Not the management but some of the employees. They have activities, and the facility seems adequate. It is an older facility, but they have been doing upgrades. He has Alzheimer's, so what he says and what really goes on is sometimes hard to sift through. I have eaten there, and I wasn't impressed. They need to have better communication though. They need to have better communication between management and staff and between management and the clients.

dorothy8269 October 07, 2014

I liked the staff at Montclair Royale. They were really helpful, and they treat you like they really care about you. They had Bingo, walks and exercises in the morning, and once a week a singing group comes. It was a very nice experience, and I was with all my friends. In the beginning the food was really good, but they keep changing the cook, and finally it wasn’t good at all.

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our community Montclair Royale. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed our staff and our activity program. This means so much to us as staff members to know that you felt our caring and compassionate philosophy and delivery of service. Montclair Royale, believes in service with a smile, service with compassion, and to have you feel as part of our family. We do appreciate your review regarding our food service. Our current Chef is an alumni of Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena. With many different palates, our Chef tries to accommodate each and every individual likes and dislikes. Although this presents challenges we have had much positive feedback from our residents, their families, and our staff. -Montclair Royale

Kristina4 August 14, 2014

Montclair Royale has close and caring staff. I think the rooms are a good size. They have Bingo, arts, and socials, and they have barbecue on holidays, movie time, Bible studies, and church groups. They have lunches out and shopping. I liked the warmth; I get a warm feeling that they will take care of my mom.

Thank you so much for visiting our community Montclair Royale. We were excited to read your review, and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your extended family. It has definitely been our pleasure. -Montclair Royale

From Montclair Royale

Montclair Royale in San Bernardino County California offers a warm inviting retirement community with independent and assisted living along with memory care. Located near Claremont, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Pomona, and Chino, CA, Montclair Royale provides full-service assisted living along with staff trained with the best senior living services for the elderly. Our studios and one bedroom apartment floor plans are designed with your comfort and convenience in mind that will suit your lifestyle for assisted living in Montclair, California. Our well designed retirement homes provide a variety of amenities to enhance your quality of life in the Montclair neighborhood. Amenities include all paid utilities (excluding telephone and cable), vertical blinds, disability access, walk-in closets, weekly house keeping service, plush carpeting, air conditioning, and patios or balconies. Our senior homes offer a distinctive style and incredible comfort in a relaxing setting.

Our caring staff makes every effort to treat our residents with respect and dignity and to become an extended family for our residents.

Features of Montclair Royale

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Features extra: Library

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,500/month