Brookdale Monrovia

201 E. Foothill Blvd, Monrovia, CA, 91016

Reviews of Brookdale Monrovia

January 26, 2015

By Glenn14

My father was only there for six months. It is an upscale place. He liked this place more, but he wasn't as active there. The staff were really nice, but not as outgoing with the residents. The rooms were a little bit nicer and a little bit bigger. I don't remember my father complaining about the food, but I think the food was probably a little bit better. What impressed me were the amount of activities and the friendliness of the staff.

October 17, 2014

By Jamie8

I like this community as they have nursing staff all the time, and it was more like a home to me. The apartments were really nice and new. It was cheerful, and the residents I met were pretty happy with it. They do a lot of stimulation for the residents, they have lots of activities, and they have service people that come in. I saw the salad bar, and it was pretty fresh, but I haven’t actually had a meal there yet. The staff was really helpful and friendly and they showed us all over the place. I just don’t have any bad to say about it. I thought it was really nice.

March 29, 2014

By David79881850

Gables of Monrovia was sort of middle class. It was very welcoming. The residents were very friendly and very welcoming. They were encouraging us to participate in the activities that they had there. The staff was extremely well presented. They greeted us. They toured us throughout the facility. They showed us everything. They were very nice. They would call back frequently to check on how we were doing. The rooms were nice. The cafeteria was very friendly. The patrons looked as though they were having a good time eating and enjoying their meals. Being in the community, I felt land-locked, even though they had a wonderful view of the mountains. They built this community so that it was sort of facing inwards. There was a small inward patio inside. The apartments built in the interior corners were nice, but the ones on the exterior corners felt more a little closed in.

October 15, 2013

By Jorge3

Gables was very, very nice and organized. The staff was very nice, polite, courteous and keen. They were very attentive to their patients. They gave us a tour and all the rooms were beautiful and well maintained. The dining room, yard and the area were very nice. It was like a vacation resort.

April 30, 2013

By Caring 2494

My father lived here and everything was just wonderful. The location was convenient for me because it was near my house. The place was bright and clean. The staff were courteous and helpful. There was a bus that took the residents on trips which was very safe. The food and room were great. I had no complaints with the facility.

April 24, 2013

Gables of Monrovia was grossly overpriced. I could not afford the place. I went there and I was not comfortable with the people there. Almost all the residents wore fancy outfits. They had the usual one bedroom apartments.

November 03, 2011

By Michael F.

I have visited many facilities in my caregiving career - but the look and feel of this facility cannot compare to any other elderly-care facility. Victorian style housing, restaurant-style fine-dining meals, and an entrance that looks more like a castle than an entrance to a caregiving facility. The food smelled great, the staff were professional and friendly, and it was more like an upper-class apartment complex than an independent living home. I especially enjoyed sitting with my client in the visiting room, where elegant paintings and fancy decorations keep the scenery pleasant and enjoyable for the client and for their visitors. It is also convenient to LA, just about an hour drive, but on the edge of LA National Forest - where the air is clean and the scenery is relaxing and peaceful - and not very noisy at all.

Features of Brookdale Monrovia

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: 197606301

About Brookdale Monrovia

Brookdale Monrovia provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Boutique style community with garden, courtyard and mountain views.

Map of Brookdale Monrovia