Brookdale Monrovia

201 E. Foothill Blvd, Monrovia, CA, 91016

Reviews of Brookdale Monrovia

Elvira1 September 30, 2015

Everything was really beautiful at Brookdale Monrovia (formerly The Gables of Monrovia), but I thought the room that was available was a little bit small. I come from a big house, and it is hard to visualize myself in a tiny space. The people were so nice. They even brought me a free dinner one night. They had excursions once a week. I thought it was nice. I really liked it except for the room.

Anonymous111751950 August 22, 2015

This place was beautiful. It was much more expensive, but it was a beautiful place. The room was very nice, there was a nice library and a nice outdoor area, and they have laundry facilities. The staff was very nice. There was a Dina Barcelona; she was the one that I spoke with, and she showed me around; she was very nice and helpful. This place was gorgeous.

Caring101603050 March 27, 2015

I feel Brookdale Monrovia's accommodation is more for a residential type and not so much an assisted living. The staff was OK. I would give everything about it an average there. I like the quaintness of it. It is small, and if you are looking for that type of a small facility, I think it will accommodate. I thought the staff there is very lacking. I think overall they need to improve the staff. The rooms are very nice. As for activities, they didn't have as many. My dad didn't participate in too much over there. They do have activities, but it didn't work out. My dad wasn't happy there. It was really difficult to get to the patio area. I don't think they have quite as many activities, and I don't think they were very organized. I did have dinner there a couple of times, and it was very good. The dining area is small but very nice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

Glenn14 January 26, 2015

My father was only there for six months. It is an upscale place. He liked this place more, but he wasn't as active there. The staff were really nice, but not as outgoing with the residents. The rooms were a little bit nicer and a little bit bigger. I don't remember my father complaining about the food, but I think the food was probably a little bit better. What impressed me were the amount of activities and the friendliness of the staff.

Jamie8 October 17, 2014

I like this community as they have nursing staff all the time, and it was more like a home to me. The apartments were really nice and new. It was cheerful, and the residents I met were pretty happy with it. They do a lot of stimulation for the residents, they have lots of activities, and they have service people that come in. I saw the salad bar, and it was pretty fresh, but I haven’t actually had a meal there yet. The staff was really helpful and friendly and they showed us all over the place. I just don’t have any bad to say about it. I thought it was really nice.

David79881850 March 29, 2014

Gables of Monrovia was sort of middle class. It was very welcoming. The residents were very friendly and very welcoming. They were encouraging us to participate in the activities that they had there. The staff was extremely well presented. They greeted us. They toured us throughout the facility. They showed us everything. They were very nice. They would call back frequently to check on how we were doing. The rooms were nice. The cafeteria was very friendly. The patrons looked as though they were having a good time eating and enjoying their meals. Being in the community, I felt land-locked, even though they had a wonderful view of the mountains. They built this community so that it was sort of facing inwards. There was a small inward patio inside. The apartments built in the interior corners were nice, but the ones on the exterior corners felt more a little closed in.

Jorge3 October 15, 2013

Gables was very, very nice and organized. The staff was very nice, polite, courteous and keen. They were very attentive to their patients. They gave us a tour and all the rooms were beautiful and well maintained. The dining room, yard and the area were very nice. It was like a vacation resort.

Caring 2494 April 30, 2013

My father lived here and everything was just wonderful. The location was convenient for me because it was near my house. The place was bright and clean. The staff were courteous and helpful. There was a bus that took the residents on trips which was very safe. The food and room were great. I had no complaints with the facility.

Caring4309 April 24, 2013

Gables of Monrovia was grossly overpriced. I could not afford the place. I went there and I was not comfortable with the people there. Almost all the residents wore fancy outfits. They had the usual one bedroom apartments.

Michael F. November 03, 2011

I have visited many facilities in my caregiving career - but the look and feel of this facility cannot compare to any other elderly-care facility.

Victorian style housing, restaurant-style fine-dining meals, and an entrance that looks more like a castle than an entrance to a caregiving facility.

The food smelled great, the staff were professional and friendly, and it was more like an upper-class apartment complex than an independent living home.

I especially enjoyed sitting with my client in the visiting room, where elegant paintings and fancy decorations keep the scenery pleasant and enjoyable for the client and for their visitors.

It is also convenient to LA, just about an hour drive, but on the edge of LA National Forest - where the air is clean and the scenery is relaxing and peaceful - and not very noisy at all.

From Brookdale Monrovia

Brookdale Monrovia provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Monrovia

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 197606301