Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville

2589 Mosside Blvd, Monroeville, PA, 15146

Reviews of Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville

Caring113718750 October 05, 2015

Harbour Senior Living is really nice. They are very helpful. The place is clean, and they take care of him fine. They have places for people to go out. They sit on the porch, and they sit on the park like area. I think they also have activities. This one looks like a country club. My father-in-law has been living there for over a month now.

Ray's daughter April 23, 2015

I am very happy that I chose Harbour for my father to reside at. The atmosphere is relaxing, comfortable, classy, and organized. I've met and talked with a lot of the staff and I don't have one single complaint. Coming from me, that speaks volumes! Everyone is very helpful, super friendly, they make every attempt to accommodate my requests for my father . They tend to the smallest details to make the resident feel cared for. During dinner, one of the caregivers noticed that my father still had the plastic hospital bracelet on his wrist and told him she would get scissors and cut it off. She was busy with the dinner responsibilities. Later on, when I was talking with him on the phone, this thoughtful woman came to his room to cut it off. She did what she said she would do. All the caregivers seem to treat the residents like they are their own parents. I have a very good feeling about this care home

Caring99844550 February 21, 2015

We all volunteered to visit members of our church who are in the local facilities. The Harbour was always nice, clean, and cheerful looking. The rooms were clean and roomy. Sometimes we would walk in, and they'd be playing bingo or passing a ball around. They were pretty secure. You either ring a bell or sign a note before they let you go through the main part of the building. I do recommend them, and in fact I have a distant aunt there now, but I haven't been up to visit her.

Caring100789550 February 11, 2015

The receptionist was very nice, the person who would take us on a tour was very nice and informative. The place from what we saw -- which was the entry hall, the activities room, the dining area and the meeting room -- was immaculate and vhad ery upscale furnishings, but during our meeting before the tour, we told them our needs and our budget. They told us their fee, and we couldn't afford it, so we didn't get very far at the Harbour. It was expensive for us. But from what I saw, I'd give them a five. She was very honest. She didn't waste our time trying to give us a sales pitch, and we didn't waste her time either by giving a tour to someone that couldn't afford it. That was pretty much the attitude of both, and it was fine with us. We weren't insulted or anything. It was Halloween, and they were getting ready for a Halloween function, but everyone was in costume -- the staff and the residents. They had a raffle going on, and there was a lot of activity and excitement.

Teresa38 November 30, 2014

I visited Harbour. It was very nice, beautiful, and very clean. The residents were doing some sort of group activity, and other residents were eating lunch. We walked by the physical therapy room, and there was somebody in there doing physical therapy. I was very impressed with everything -- the staff and facility itself. The accommodations for the residents were very nice too.

Jeanne20 November 14, 2014

I liked Harbour Senior Living. It was beautiful and bright. It had a homey feel. The staff was very nice. The rooms were very nice. The food was very good. The location is also very good. They could improve to lower the price.

Caring82590450 April 10, 2014

I like Harbour Senior Living because it has an extremely warm feeling. It is very clean, comfortable, and very homey. The staff is extremely friendly. The room is very clean and has lot of lights coming in. Their dining area is like a nice restaurant. The food is very good, and they have a very nice selection. I am very pleased with them.

Caring88702250 March 27, 2014

I thought Harbour Senior Living was a very nice environment, and we really liked it. It had a very nice, cheerful atmosphere. The staff was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. The rooms were very nice, and they had several different options. The dining room was very cozy and homey. This would be our choice should he decide to go.

Caring75085750 January 18, 2014

My father's wife fell and she went to a rehab facility and spent 40 days there. Then she went to Harbour and spent another 40 days there. She was hooked up with the house doctor and I had to jump through hoops to get him to get another image of her hip because she just wasn't getting any better. The imaging showed that her hip was crushed. She had been like that for like two months, so it was between Harbour and that rehab facility. So finally, she went through another operation and another session of rehab, but Harbour won't take her back. They just didn't want her. That really upset me. They played it out to the end and I ended up having to get in touch with the state to have them try to intercede on my behalf. The facility itself was a newer building and nicely laid out. However, their rooms were small. Also it was understaffed. There were so few of them that it was ridiculous. The same caregivers would also run the dining room, I mean, they just did everything. They're stretched that way too far. What this facility needs to improve on is their help staff. For activities, there weren't that much either. They had wellness people come in and they also did a few arts and crafts.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are disappointed to learn your view on the situation with your father's wife here at Harbour Senior Living. We strive every day to better the lives of the seniors in our community through their individualized plans of care. Our long tenured and educated staff does work very hard as they care for the residents at Harbour Senior Living. Please contact Greg with your concerns at 412-380-2589 and we would be more than happy to discuss this further. Thank you.

Caring72769150 October 30, 2013

Mom is living in Harbour Senior Living. I highly recommend it. It is a wonderful facility and an excellent fit for my mom. It is a very clean place, which is very important to me. It is also more conveniently located for my family. The staff is extremely caring. All the people who work there are very nice. They have activities going on all the time. Overall, it has a very good environment for my mom who is a very social person. Since day one, they bring her out of her room. We never get a hold of her and that is good because she is encourage to go to the common area and socialize with the other people there whether it be playing bingo or cards, or watching movies or sitting on front porch just watching the traffic go by.

Lisa33 July 12, 2013

Harbour Senior Living is a second choice for my grandmother. It was a very clean facility. There were open areas. The rooms they got there were nice but much smaller than the one she is in right now. Their staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have the comparable activities like bingos, movies and popcorns. They also have outings. They have lots to offer for their residents. However, this is $1500 more than the other facility and also there were more less cognitive patients there.

caring4117 January 31, 2013

The price, location, and the services that Harbour Senior Living provides is just the best fit for my mother. The rooms are more than adequate, the facility is very clean, and the staff is very friendly. It's about as close to a home atmosphere as you could get. So far I have no complaints. She's been there since Thanksgiving. The overall environment is very cordial, and warm. However, I think they should hire more staff. Their staff is overworked, so a couple of extra aides would benefit them. And she hasn't been there long enough for me to see if they have a lot of turnover.

Caring Sue June 22, 2012

I appreciate the time and care that The Harbor gives to my family. The caretakers are always present and ready to assist anyone without being asked and at a moment's notice. They are quick to make a decision, even given the urgency of a situation, and good at deciding how to best approach it, even if the task may dictate giving up a current or personal task. The food is exceptional, with variety given for every meal, and it is served at the same time every day to ensure a regular schedule for the residents. Schedule is especially important to many residents as it gives them their next event to look forward to. The Harbor features a memory and Alzheimers neighborhood on the bottom floor specialized in taking care of residents with any memory issues. Many of these residents are frustrated because they perceive themselves between the ages of 18 and 30, and the residents around them seem to be much older. The neighborhood is unique because it offers these residents an opportunity to regain their memory in an environment that is organized with time and patience in mind. Ultimately, the Harbor is a very unique facility with care at its top priority.

umidev2002 June 12, 2012

The appearance of the facility was amazing when compared to a previous facility where I worked. I first met the receptionist who was very professional. But as much as professionalism is important so is facial expressions. She had no smile on her face for whatsoever reason. One of the aides took me on a tour of the facility. The place itself was very well maintained. I went inside a couple of residents rooms (with their permission) which didn't seem to be cleaned. But then I know that some residents dont like anyone cleaning their rooms. I liked the little bar that they had at the entrance and also the popcorn machine. At that time they had a band playing and residents seemed to be having fun! The outside lawn was very well maintained and there were residents having a walk as the climate was very nice. The staff did not take me to the closed area where there were residents with some disabilities there. It was highly secured. So, my total time there was about one hour and 15 minutes and according to me I liked the atmosphere and everything there. I gave it a four star because I thought that the receptionist should be a bit more friendlier.

From Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville

Senior personal care at Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior personal care community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior personal care while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our personal care community in Monroeville has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Personal Care Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Major hospital in the Monroeville area within .5 miles___ Local Shopping mall located within 3 miles___ Staff longevity (Managers-Average of 4 + years / Care Staff average of 6 years)___ In 2012 one of our caregivers was recognized with the Senior Lifestyle National Heart of Caring Award. This award is reserved for special individuals that best live the Mission and Core Values

Features of Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,800/month

• Staff patient ratio: state min
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: Minimum age: 62

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Harbour Senior Living of Monroeville