Azalea Estates of Monroe

4380 Old Sterlington Rd., Monroe, LA, 71203

Reviews of Azalea Estates of Monroe

Caring87255750 June 30, 2014

I think Azalea Estates of Monroe is doing just fine, but it’s not what I’m looking for. The staff was fine. My questions were answered. The apartments were very small.

Cheryl C. April 01, 2013

As the daughter of a resident, I highly recommend Azalea Estates because of the caring staff, the professional management team and the pleasant atmosphere. I have peace of mind knowing that my mother is in a safe environment with many activities and programs. She enjoys having meals and visiting with friends in the dining room. Now that she doesn't drive, the staff provides for her transportation needs which includes weekly visits to Walmart. The managers respond to her concerns in a timely manner and are very patient and understanding. Most importantly, my mother is happy there due to the excellent service she receives.

cydsheree March 28, 2013

The caregivers at Azalea CARE about their residents. This is the most important aspect of this review. They also make themselves available to family members and residents alike. The facility is well-laid out and easily accessible for residents of all types of mobility. There are many offerings for entertainment or activities for the residents as well. Like all long term facilities, the challenges are to keep the activities/food content interesting and not mundane. If i were to find any areas for improvement, those would the only areas for which I hear that there may be some room for improvement. I believe that it is also important to make those groups/persons who offer entertainment or other services to the residents to know how much they are valued and appreciated and for the residents to see this displayed as well. I am very pleased with Azalea and would and have recommended it to several persons, several of whom have become residents.

R Allen March 28, 2013

My Mom and Dad were residents at Azalea Estates of Monroe for several years before passing away earlier this year. I can't say enough about the excellent care they received at Azalea. The Management team and staff were always supportive and attentive to their needs and the family's requests. The facility is maintained to very high standards and the services provided were always top notch. Lynsey and her staff and the entire organization are held in the highest regards by our family. Thank you again, Azalea, for making Mom and Dad's time there very pleasant.

SueLynn216 March 21, 2013

Azalea Estates is truly a home-away-from-home. When our mother went into a nursing home for rehab when she was told she would be in a wheelchair the rest of her life she became depressed and had settled on the fact that this is where she would be. As the time got closer for her finish her rehab we decided to look into assisted living. We were pleasantly surprised when we found that Azalea was half the price of the nursing home.

We were invited to lunch with the director and given a tour off the place. Mother was so excited and pleased. She moved in three years ago and is very happy. The staff is unbelievably accommodating. It is truly a home atmosphere with a family feel.

Anne Cookston March 20, 2013

Could brag on and on about the Directors and Staff at Azalea Estates. My Mom has resided at Azalea for over two years and we have been blessed with wonderful assistance and care. Azalea Estates has a truly caring community thanks to those in charge.

GalEvin June 05, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother lived at Azalea Estates Assisted Living in Monroe, La. My grandmother was very well taken care of at this facility. The staff was very attentive and friendly. My grandmother liked spending time in the library located at this facility. They had many books available for the residents to read. There were also exercise classes available for residents. These classes were very well attended to. There was a screened in porch for residents to sit outside and socialize with one another. I always felt that my grandmother was very well taken care of at Azalea Estates. I always felt that her personal, medical, and psychological needs were always being met. She was also able to maintain a great deal of independence by living in Azalea Estates.

From Azalea Estates of Monroe

Azalea Estates is Monroe's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres located on Old Sterlington Road just off of Sterlington Road near St Francis North hospital. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential setting, the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is whole-personal oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs.

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of Monroe was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Azalea Estates of Monroe

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 12913