Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

920 Highway 138, Monroe, GA, 30655

Reviews of Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

May 04, 2015

Our experience with Great Oaks has been very good. They seem to be very attentive, and it is a very nice facility. We chose it because it is a family owned business rather than a corporate business and the convenience for me to be able to visit. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. It was very nice, very peaceful, and very well maintained. We have eaten there, and the food is very good.

July 19, 2014

By Ronda4

I looked at Great Oaks and they were a little expensive. It was more like an apartment. All of the rooms had kitchenettes. Their rooms were more upscale. It is beautiful, but it didn't feel homey. They had newer furniture, nicer flooring, but the custom service wasn't there. To me, that's what's most important.

September 20, 2013

By Christine A.

It was a big facility. It was very clean. The staff and rooms were very nice. They had a lot of activities for the people to do. They had trips and outings. They had karaoke night. They had pool table. I also liked the facility because they can administer insulin to my mom who was diabetic.

April 18, 2013

By CeliaK

Great Oaks was a nice place. The staff were friendly when I came to visit. It had a good reputation. The residents seemed happy. It just did not meet my needs.

August 30, 2012

By tylerch1

its a great place to live, they have frequent activities and a very nice and expert staff that will take care of any needs you may have. The rooms are nice and spacious, and the entire facility is kept clean and maintained.

July 30, 2012

By shiningstar334

Both Southern Plantation & Great Oaks assistant living homes were just wonderful. They treat their guests with great respect as well as their residents. It feels really good to know that my grandpa is taking very well cared for. I like the fact that I can go home knowing that Great Oaks will be checking on him every couple of hours and that he will be fed three meals a day. I love how the faculty enjoy their job, enjoy spending time with the residents, and making the residents feel at home. One thing I loved about Southern Plantation is they want to make every day a spectacular day for the residents. They have where they'll bring chorus students from the near by school to sing for them and get to know the residents a little more.It warms my heart up to see my grandpa have someone to talk to as well as other senior citizens who don't have any relatives or friends that come to see them. Both Southern Plantation & Great Oaks are high class assistant living homes. They have great food, wonderful staff, clean cafeterias, clean bathrooms, & they keep the residents rooms clean as well. I also really feel welcomed. they're southern hospitality is so inviting. One other thing that I love is that I know whether my grandpa stays at Great Oaks or Southern plantation he will be safe and nothing will be stolen from him either.

Photos of Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Features of Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4000/month

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: ALC00046

About Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Welcome to Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Great Oaks has built a home that is elegant and inviting. It is large enough to create a warm and lively atmosphere bustling with a variety of activities yet intimate enough that we provide quality, individualized care. You can dine with us, enjoy fun and stimulating activities, play billiards or enjoy a movie, and of course, relax and unwind on one of our many verandas. There's always something for you to do at Great Oaks.

Great Oaks recognizes the special needs of people with memory impairment. We have designed The Gardens of Great Oaks with this in mind. Our residents are surrounded by a safe and peaceful environment that allows them to function at their maximum potential. The Gardens care services are custom designed to meet the specific needs of each resident based on their cognitive and functional abilities. Our goal is to provide excellent support services for every resident allowing them to lead a fuller and more enjoyable life. The Gardens has two areas for memory support - one for the resident with moderate memory impairment and another, more intimate area for the resident experiencing more severe dementia and Alzheimer's.

For active seniors who no longer want to be burdened with home and yard maintenance or domestic shores like cooking and cleaning, we offer "worry free, maintenance free living". Great Oaks offers a complete Lifestyle Enhancement Program including:

• Gracious Accommodations with a Choice of Floor Plans
  • Personal Emergency Call Response System
  • Field Trips
  • Daily Activity and Social Programs
  • Scheduled Transportation Services

For those seniors who require some degree of assistance to maximize their independence, Great Oaks offers Custom Care Services. Custom Care Services are designed to meet specific needs of the individual resident. Our goal is to provide the ideal level of assistance designed to support and enhance our residents thus allowing a fuller and more productive life. In addition to the Lifestyle Enhancement Program, our Custom Care Services offers personalized assistance with the management of the intimate details of daily life including:

• Bathing and Dressing
  • Personal Hygiene and Grooming
  • Continence Care
  • Clinical and Medication Monitoring
  • Mobility and Transferring
  • Safety Assurance Checks

Thank you for your interest at the Great Oaks Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

The Great Oaks mission is to embrace and celebrate the lives of our residents by providing exceptional service that maximizes their independence, improves their quality of life, and nurtures their mind, body, and spirit.

Map of Great Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care