La Vida at Mission Viejo

27783 Center Drive, Mission Viejo, CA, 92692

Reviews of La Vida at Mission Viejo

disappointednow April 04, 2015

The Executive Director runs around with her unleashed 3 dogs that bark non stop at residents and are not friendly . You can not pet them This is THE RESIDENTS home and its crazy that this is permitted. This has been brought up and still Riza is allowed to bring those unruly pets of her in this facility. Not enough staffing in Memory Care one on each side and a med tech what a hazard.New directors are lazy,non communicative and ignore the problems when staff brings this to their attention.Speaking with other families their will be more more outs. I do not wish to be contacted this has been going on since January and it will not change. i AM OVER THIS PLACE!!!

Hilda1 October 06, 2014

I toured Vintage Mission Viejo because I was looking for a memory care facility for my client. The staff working there was polite, but a little distant. The rooms I saw were small because my client was interested n a shared room. The rooms seemed to be well taken care of. For my standard, the place was OK, but not great. It was not my first choice.

Carol94773650 September 13, 2014

I really love Mission Viejo, and my mom is very happy there. She is in the memory care unit, and it is a smaller community. The staff members are great. They make sure that she goes out to lunch, and if there are activities going and she’s not there, they go to her room to check and see if she'd like to join in. They are very attentive. They don’t allow her to be alone in her room all day. They tell the residents of their activities, and they make sure that they get out of their rooms. They have a lot of activities going on for them, like activities for stimulation. They even have outside activities where they have bus rides and city tours.

My mom has her own beautiful room. When a new resident steps in, everything is specially painted and there is a new carpet. It is empty and you will have to bring your furniture and stuff. It has two windows, and it is just pristine. It is close to the dining area and the activity room. The food is excellent. Chef George is really good. He will invite you to stay for lunch. They have barbeques once a week. They encourage the family members to come, stay, and have dinner. You will have to pay a little extra, but the meals are really good.

It is absolutely homey. They have the assisted living on one side and memory care in a separate building. The memory care residents can go to either place if there are activities going on, or if they want to have a meal there. So, even if they are in the memory care center, they have total access to the assisted living side, which is just across the parking lot and a few feet away.

Caring86024450 June 19, 2014

Mom is very satisfied living at Vintage Senior Living. She's been living there for six weeks now. It has a very comfortable and homey kind of environment. Mom has a nice, large one-bedroom, and it too feels comfortable. The staff has been great so far. They are very accommodating and caring. The food seems to be very nice and well prepared. I really like the facility, and I like the people that I met. It's also close to us and close to the hospital.

Caring63675850 March 31, 2014

I really liked Vintage Mission Viejo because it had memory care. It actually had everything that we needed. If my dad declines, it would be the facility that would fit his needs. I like the room, the room sizes, and I like the options. I also like the activities that they had. The dining area was lovely, as well as the people there. Everybody was lovely. I love the plants. I love the location, and it really has a nice view.

Caring74911950 January 31, 2014

My husband was in Vintage Senior Living. The facility was okay. It was mostly clean, but there were areas of concern. The food was okay too. Regarding the staff, the sales representative, the activities director and assistants were highly enthusiastic and seemed very caring and compassionate, but when my husband went to the facility for a respite while I was having a surgical procedure, the caregivers barely knew who he was. They did not follow any of the procedures that had been recommended to them by me or even their own administrator and insisted my husband to have a shower when he just had one the day before. They also insisted he go to the common room where all the other patients would sit throughout the day doing little or nothing. When he let them know this is not what he wanted to do, he got highly agitated and started kind of hitting the caregiver with his shoe. They had to call me to come and help them. When I went there, he did calm down for me. My observation was if you're mobile, ambulatory and like to wander, the place was fine. If you're non-ambulatory, very compliant and willing to sit all day long with a blanket on and just do whatever activities or don’t engage at all, you'll be fine there too. However, if you still have your thought processes going on but you just need help with mobility, this is not the place to be. Also they promised me a room close to the nurses station because my husband did need assistance, but the room given to him was farthest away from the nurses station. I was also disappointed with my husband's room because its HVAC system didn't work. The room would get down to 57 degrees. They tried to fix it but never could. My husband stayed at Vintage Mission Viejo for only 36 hours because I couldn't stand it. I had no idea if he might be frozen the next morning if I would leave him there overnight nor did I trust the care that was being given by the direct caregivers. He just came home with me but they did refund me my money, so they were fair that way.

Mike29 September 12, 2013

My mom has been with Vintage Mission Viejo a little over a month. We chose it because of location, the cleanliness of the property, and the specific rooms that was available. The staff were positive and helpful. She seemed to feel comfortable there. She has an apartment with a one bedroom. It faces a courtyard and has a patio area. I was able to eat there and the food was surprisingly good. They have all kinds of things like cards and bingo for the residents to do. They also have get-togethers. The place is always neat and tidy.

George30 June 25, 2013

Vintage Senior Living was excellent. I would like to live there myself. However, my wife is just not ready. It was so nice over there.

Caring 1391 April 17, 2013

The Vintage is very nice and very much like a hotel. The staff and the food are very good. My sister-in-law loves it there. The only thing is that they don't have any parking for visitors and not a lot of grounds to walk on. They are also located right next to a place where crowds gather every night and they could get really loud. But I understand that it's not the fault of the facility. It's not perfect, but I can't complain because it's a really nice place.

wes dales June 02, 2012

My Grandmother is a resident of Las Palmas for a few years. The facility is always clean and the halls, rails, and walls of the facility are always clean and there is no trash anywhere. They have a pool and I believe a water aerobics program. Every time my grandmother has needed help the staff is right there to help and attend to her needs quickly. They are prompt when it comes to assisting with dinner or a bath and never make her wait very long if it is an emergency. The apartment she lives in is small, and they help clean as well. I don't believe they allow pets. I've never seen one and I have my grandmothers cat, so I don't believe they allow pets. They have a really nice outdoor seating area with a big fireplace and a small golf green or putting area for the residents. All in all I think we made a good decision on where we could put grandma. She likes it and there have been no problems. She has friends there and seems happy. I would recommend Las Palmas to anyone looking to put their loved one in assisted care or temporary medical care.

About La Vida at Mission Viejo

La Vida at Mission Viejo is an assisted living facility in Mission Viejo, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact La Vida at Mission Viejo for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of La Vida at Mission Viejo