La Vida at Mission Viejo

Reviews of La Vida at Mission Viejo

Overview of Ratings

3.8

June 19, 2014

Mom is very satisfied living at Vintage Senior Living. She's been living there for six weeks now. It has a very comfortable and homey kind of environment. Mom has a nice, large one-bedroom, and it too feels comfortable. The staff has been great so far. They are very accommodating and caring. The food seems to be very nice and well prepared. I really like the facility, and I like the people that I met. It's also close to us and close to the hospital.

March 31, 2014

I really liked Vintage Mission Viejo because it had memory care. It actually had everything that we needed. If my dad declines, it would be the facility that would fit his needs. I like the room, the room sizes, and I like the options. I also like the activities that they had. The dining area was lovely, as well as the people there. Everybody was lovely. I love the plants. I love the location, and it really has a nice view.

January 31, 2014

By Caring74911950

My husband was in Vintage Senior Living. The facility was okay. It was mostly clean, but there were areas of concern. The food was okay too. Regarding the staff, the sales representative, the activities director and assistants were highly enthusiastic and seemed very caring and compassionate, but when my husband went to the facility for a respite while I was having a surgical procedure, the caregivers barely knew who he was. They did not follow any of the procedures that had been recommended to them by me or even their own administrator and insisted my husband to have a shower when he just had one the day before. They also insisted he go to the common room where all the other patients would sit throughout the day doing little or nothing. When he let them know this is not what he wanted to do, he got highly agitated and started kind of hitting the caregiver with his shoe. They had to call me to come and help them. When I went there, he did calm down for me. My observation was if you're mobile, ambulatory and like to wander, the place was fine. If you're non-ambulatory, very compliant and willing to sit all day long with a blanket on and just do whatever activities or don’t engage at all, you'll be fine there too. However, if you still have your thought processes going on but you just need help with mobility, this is not the place to be. Also they promised me a room close to the nurses station because my husband did need assistance, but the room given to him was farthest away from the nurses station. I was also disappointed with my husband's room because its HVAC system didn't work. The room would get down to 57 degrees. They tried to fix it but never could. My husband stayed at Vintage Mission Viejo for only 36 hours because I couldn't stand it. I had no idea if he might be frozen the next morning if I would leave him there overnight nor did I trust the care that was being given by the direct caregivers. He just came home with me but they did refund me my money, so they were fair that way.

September 12, 2013

By Mike29

My mom has been with Vintage Mission Viejo a little over a month. We chose it because of location, the cleanliness of the property, and the specific rooms that was available. The staff were positive and helpful. She seemed to feel comfortable there. She has an apartment with a one bedroom. It faces a courtyard and has a patio area. I was able to eat there and the food was surprisingly good. They have all kinds of things like cards and bingo for the residents to do. They also have get-togethers. The place is always neat and tidy.

June 25, 2013

By George30

Vintage Senior Living was excellent. I would like to live there myself. However, my wife is just not ready. It was so nice over there.

April 17, 2013

By Caring 1391

The Vintage is very nice and very much like a hotel. The staff and the food are very good. My sister-in-law loves it there. The only thing is that they don't have any parking for visitors and not a lot of grounds to walk on. They are also located right next to a place where crowds gather every night and they could get really loud. But I understand that it's not the fault of the facility. It's not perfect, but I can't complain because it's a really nice place.

June 02, 2012

By wes dales

My Grandmother is a resident of Las Palmas for a few years. The facility is always clean and the halls, rails, and walls of the facility are always clean and there is no trash anywhere. They have a pool and I believe a water aerobics program. Every time my grandmother has needed help the staff is right there to help and attend to her needs quickly. They are prompt when it comes to assisting with dinner or a bath and never make her wait very long if it is an emergency. The apartment she lives in is small, and they help clean as well. I don't believe they allow pets. I've never seen one and I have my grandmothers cat, so I don't believe they allow pets. They have a really nice outdoor seating area with a big fireplace and a small golf green or putting area for the residents. All in all I think we made a good decision on where we could put grandma. She likes it and there have been no problems. She has friends there and seems happy. I would recommend Las Palmas to anyone looking to put their loved one in assisted care or temporary medical care.

Photos of La Vida at Mission Viejo

Features of La Vida at Mission Viejo

About La Vida at Mission Viejo

La Vida at Mission Viejo is an assisted living facility in Mission Viejo, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact La Vida at Mission Viejo for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of La Vida at Mission Viejo