Atria Del Sol

23792 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, CA, 92692

Reviews of Atria Del Sol

Caring105865950 February 10, 2015

Atria Del Sol is where my mom is right now. It is a great facility. I chose it because of the overall quality of it. The staff is very good. The meals are good. Everything is good. They had activities. The rooms are nice. I also chose it because of its reputation.

Caring103145950 December 18, 2014

We didn’t have a lot of money to spend, and it just so happened that the facility that we found is right down the street from where I live. They were having a special that month so that’s why we chose Atria Del Sol.

They’re very kind, they help my auntie with whatever she needs, and they notify me if I need to go down and help her. My auntie is very happy there, and she never complains about the food; it’s like a restaurant style, and she is very happy with it. It’s a little dated, so they’re just revamping it. It’s clean, and her room is always neat and clean when I go in there, so they’re very good. We don’t have any issues.

Carol94970150 October 17, 2014

The staff at Atria Del Sol is wonderful. They showed that they really care, and everybody is just wonderful. They keep the rooms clean. They are remodeling now, and they are building the place for memory care. The food is good. The residents have several choices, you have a waiter, and you order off the menu. If you don’t like what they have, they can fix something else. You couldn’t do all activities in one day. They have so many activities. They have tours and go the beach for a barbecue. They have musicians come in. They have tea socials, and they have games all the time. I am very happy with everything here.

slave4ups August 08, 2014

My husband and I visited this facility in preparation of my mother-in-law needing respite care after a month long stay at the hospital and Palm Terrace center. To get to the desk to speak to someone, you have to walk practically to the back wall. The lady did not seem to know what we were talking about when we said we were there for a tour. She did call someone and a very nice older lady came out and helped us, but she did not seem like the regular sales person who does this on a regular basis. Anyway, this location is different because it is two levels in the front of the facility and three levels in the back. It is going through some major remodeling which it needs as it does seem a little run down. As we went on our tour, our guide explained to us that they will be remodeling the rooms as they become available. So basically, if my mother-in-law were to move into a room permanently and the room wasn't remodeled yet, it wouldn't be until she passed or moved out. Also, this facility only has one elevator for the residents to use, but they are adding another one at the other end of the hallway.
We decided against this location as it seemed way to busy with the remodeling going on. I'm sure that when the major stuff is done (new elevator, total relocation of the dining area, etc.) it will be very nice.

Thank you for coming in for a visit and considering us for your mother-in-law. Though we did not end up being the perfect fit for her at this time, we are very excited about the improvements we are making and encourage you to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if we can be of help to your family in the future. We are here to help and wish you the best!

jensen4345 June 30, 2014

Atria Del Sol was OK. It was one of the three we were considering at that time. The Atria was fine as far as sanitation goes. They had a nice dining area, like a restaurant setup. They had nice facilities there, and it was definitely a consideration to go to. Their prices were within reason, I thought. I'd probably recommend it, as I remember the pricing was good and it was a nice facility. I thought the staff was friendly, congenial, and attentive to what I was potentially looking for.

Caring63675850 March 31, 2014

Atria Del Sol is a very nice facility, and the grounds are very nice to look at. The rooms are too small, and that would not work for us because we want my parents to be together. The dining area seemed small and it was kind of an old room. It was not as impressive.

Thank you for submitting a review of our community. I am sorry that we could not accommodate your preferred room size at Atria Del Sol but if you would like information on any of our other communities in the area, please feel free contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including Atria Del Sol in your subject line.

Donna78149050 January 31, 2014

My mom has been at Atria Del Sol now since late November and it's working out well for her. We chose this facility because we were looking for something that was fairly close to where my sister and I live. What impressed my mom was that it felt very warm, cozy and friendly. She had been to a couple places that felt too stiff and formal and that just didn't work for her. This one is warm and friendly. The food is good. She is happy with it. I've also eaten with her there and the food is good. She loves all the activities they have there. There's something going on all the time that she could choose from. She's happy with that too. The one she enjoys the most was, recently they gave everybody a journal. Once a month they would get together and go through the journal. My mom just loves that. She was able to start thinking and talking about her childhood and learning about the other people's lives. Over the holidays, they had a lot of entertainers, which she loved. They had music and there were kids that came over and sang for them. For accommodations, Mom's room is a good size. It has a sitting area, a good size area for her bed, and a big closet. It also has a little kitchenette area and a decent bathroom. It's nothing big, but it's doable. She has a deck and it's a nice area that she can go sit outside right off her of her room. It's a nice room. The staff's work ethic is great. They're warm and friendly. Mom likes their friendliness and that has been a positive also.

LovelyLady0000087 November 21, 2013

The property is well raised and the people were very nice. The bedrooms is not nearly separated. It needs renovation, but I will still recommend Atria del Sol.

Raymond4 July 25, 2013

The people who worked at Atria Del Sol are all really nice and very friendly. The place is clean and seems to be up to date. They have a pretty small elevator. It's very nice here.

nohlranch August 28, 2012

This facility is great. My grandmother is housed in one of their studio units. It has a bed, a TV unit, nightstand, a closet, and a bathroom. It reminds me of a hotel room because it is luxurious and comfortable, but there isn't a kitchen. However, the facility does have a community dining room. The chef cooks three meals a day and also provides snacks throughout the day. What makes the facility distinctive and special for us though is the amount of community activities they have for residents. For grandma, religion is a big deal and they have religious services that are conducted weekly. The also have a full time activities director, so grandma can enjoy playing games like Scrabble with other people. They also plan outings and trips; their are numerous easy hikes around the area, and the facility isn't too far away from the beach. When residents want to go somewhere, they just use the provided transportation. For a price that's slightly above $2500 a month, we find this place very affordable and matching of our needs.

Bruceanne August 21, 2012

Although the facility is nice for how much it costs to live there, the staff is not the most friendly. After about a year of my grandparents living there we decided to relocate them due to the lack of care they were being provided. This assisted living provider is a good place for seniors who are more capable of taking care of themselves, this is not a good place for those who need extra care

Michael F. November 10, 2011

Atria Del Sol is an amazing facility. They had a 24-hour cafe with free snacks and coffee, and a program for Alzheimer's disease that seemed to help my client tremendously.

Although a bit pricey, I can definitely see why the family chose this facility. The price is well worth the benefit that my client has received from staying here.

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Mission Vejo / OC area.

SizzlinObadi June 23, 2011

My great grandma was a resident of the assisted living home. I used to go visit her with my grandma and everyone that worked at the facility was so nice to us. My great grandma used to tell me all the time that she loved living there cause she had many friends there and it felt like a home away from home. I feel that the assisted living home really made a difference in my great grandmas last few years of life. She was happy and relaxed. We had such a good experience with them that I would feel great about sending my grandma there when she reaches the right age. It also makes me feel great knowing that the Mission Viejo location is just a few minutes away from my house. I know I would be able to get to my grandma if there was ever an emergency.

From Atria Del Sol

Atria Del Sol is an inviting senior living residence serving active older adults. In addition to independent and assisted living options, our thoughtfully designed community now offers Life Guidance®, Atria's innovative memory care program for residents with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.

Beneath the gorgeous Saddleback Mountains and overlooking Casta del Sol Golf Course, you'll find a charming community with daily opportunities to socialize, pursue new interests or simply relax. From group outings to cultural events and local sightseeing to walking clubs and news discussion forums, there's always something going on to inspire you. Just as important as the environment we create inside our community is the one we preserve outside of it. Our recent $8.6 million renovation included eco-friendly enhancements for a greener, more sustainable community, and has earned us LEED® certification.

But what you might appreciate most is the friendly, personal service and discreet care you'll receive from our exceptionally dedicated, professional staff.

It's an intimate, welcoming environment where you can live more independently - with the support that makes it possible. Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

License #306000372

Features of Atria Del Sol

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $7,802/month

• Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: License #306000372
  • State License(s): 306000372

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Atria Del Sol