Bickford at Mission Springs

5350 West 61st Place, Mission, KS, 66205

Reviews of Bickford at Mission Springs

Amelia6 November 16, 2015

We visited Bickford for my mother. It was a little too quiet and dark, and the rooms were very small. The staff was very nice, though.

Caring Daughter33 October 29, 2015

My dad has been at Bickford Senior Living for about six months now. So far, we like it really well, but we hope they have a few more activities for men. The staff has been very caring. He has a one-bedroom apartment with small refrigerator and a microwave. I have eaten there and the food is good.

Caring110772550 August 14, 2015

The price was pretty reasonable. My mother is pretty low maintenance right now, and she likes the area. She knows a couple of people who have been in Bickford at Mission Springs, and she is familiar with it. The downside is the rooms are really small. She is used to larger houses, so that would be an issue. The lobbies were nice, and that's where they want the residents to be so they can socialize. They also can be out in the community park. They go on outings just to drive around and get them out, they go to dinners, they have a lot of functions, they have clubs, and they have games and cards. They offer three meals and snacks.

Caring104501850 April 25, 2015

The people were nice at Bickford, and the rooms were nice too. They were doing some changes.

Cathy95624450 October 07, 2014

I went with Bickford at Mission Springs for my mom. It’s kind of small. The rooms are all open inside. It’s very clean and well kept. They’re very nice and accommodating. The food looks great at all times. They give a lot of food the residents want. They have activities going on every day. Some of them she does, some of them she doesn’t. It’s in really location; it's kind of perfect. It’s only 2 minutes from where I live. It’s in a small community, like a residential and business area. It goes down into a little valley so it’s very secluded feeling, and it has a park around it. I would go there if I have to go to a community.

Caring74588150 June 30, 2014

Bickford at Mission Springs was a smaller facility so I thought they would be more consistent in the delivery of services. They had a new executive director and we were impressed with her. The place was clean and smaller than the previous one where my sister stayed. It felt more intimate and the area outside had more trees. It just felt warmer.

rrmhart July 01, 2012

My mom is just staying there for just 3 weeks but I can say that the service is really great. My mom is happy and we're satisfied with their service. And the best thing about it is that when we get in to the situation that we need to look for a place for my mom, Bickford at Mission was the perfect place because of its location "“ it's actually just right by our house! They have this family-like environment and my mom seems happy and it's a good feeling that she's fine.

Caring391412 August 01, 2011

When father became unable to care for himself independently, we decided to move him to an assisted living facility. We really liked Mission Springs Living Center when we toured it and it was conveniently located to our home. Knowing that his daily needs were being provided for him was a tremendous relief to myself and my siblings. Dad really liked the nursing and housekeeping staff. I was impressed at how friendly they were. He fit in well with the other residents and really enjoyed participating in all of the daily activities. Of course, it goes without saying that he really liked the dessert bar at dinner time. It was no problem when Dad needed to transition to hospice care because so he knew so many of the staff already. All in all, his experience with assisted care was a good one and provided a positive end of life environment for him.

WubbaSten June 23, 2011

It was not easy to accept the fact that my father needed a level of care that I could not provide for him any longer. Watching him go deeper in the stages of Alzheimer's was a challenging, sometimes scary, and a very emotional test on our family. My love for him is beyond words, and my main goal was to find a facility for him that would take care of him in the manner that I would if i had the advanced medical training that he needed. My family visited many places in our search, and I saw many places that upset me and that I would never have placed my father in. When we visited Bickford, I was finally able to breath a little bit easier and knew that we had finally found a place that I felt comfortable and safe with my father being at. The staff, from the nurses to the receptionist and everyone in between gave off a vibe of genuine concern and treated us with professionalism as well as understanding. I did not want my father being treated like a burden, or to be ignored or brushed off. Because of his Alzheimer's he can go from happy, to upset, to extremely mad, depending on the moment and where his mind is. When he is lucid, he can get very troubled. The nurses and aides at Bickford are experienced and understand this disease. They have a level of patience that some staff at assisted living facilities do not have. I feel very blessed to have been able to give my father the care that Bickford gives him.

Roberts1980 June 15, 2011

The Bickford facility at Mission Springs is run a lot like a large apartment complex, and the location is decent: it's at the intersection of two major artery streets (Shawnee Mission Parkway and Nall), so it's a bit noisy, but it's surrounded by residential areas and has some nice grounds. The facility itself is a very big building, and I saw a couple of residents doing some exercise walking in the halls, which the staff encourages. There are a number of cozy areas for different activities, such as a library, a 1950's style ice cream parlour with billiards table, a piano lounge, and a room with an aviary. However, the residents' rooms seemed a little small. While they were welcome to decorate their rooms with their own furniture, it seemed like it was usually a tight squeeze, and some couples gave up their living room space in order to fit two beds into the apartments comfortably. In addition, the interior seems a bit run-down, with the lighter carpets showing several stains. The facility's directors are available, but I thought they seemed to have drawn a mental wall, to some extent, between their own work and the residents. While my guide knew most of the residents' names, I didn't get the impression she interacted with them frequently. Some staff working with the residents were very friendly and energetic, but some looked bored and hurried to me. Mission Springs offers several menu choices and a large dining room where residents can mingle for each meal. I did not see the food, but the menu looked appetising. During the week, residents have a full schedule of activities which can include shopping trips to Target and Walmart, and occasional trips to the theatre at the local community college to see a film. I think this facility is adequate, particularly for more active seniors or those who enjoy a sense of larger community...

From Bickford at Mission Springs

Welcome to Bickford at Mission Springs, one of Kansas's premier assisted living communities! Bickford at Mission Springs is conveniently located at 5350 West 61st Place, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Mission senior living community.

At Bickford at Mission Springs, we offer premier assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford at Mission Springs. Each resident of our Kansas assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford at Mission Springs. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford at Mission Springs assisted living in Kansas, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Kansas assisted living community and make it yours.

Features of Bickford at Mission Springs