The Landing of Minnetonka

14505 Minnetonka Drive, Minnetonka, MN, 55345

Reviews of The Landing of Minnetonka

BJT1 December 22, 2012

Moving in my grandmother to this facility on the hottest day of the year showed us just how caring and compassionate the staff is regarding its residents and their families. Not only were doors held for us at every opportunity, but one of the maintenance workers even helped us carry her (very heavy) antique writing desk out of the truck and up the stairs to her room. While we were moving her things, my grandmother sat in the common area and played cards with some of the residents, just trying to make new friends. By the time we finished moving all of her things into her room, my grandmother had made fast friends with the residents and was gamely complaining that she wouldn't be allowed to play bingo for money here, just chocolate. We knew she was going to fit in then, and she seemed so pleased to have ample opportunity to socialize.

caring11283 December 03, 2012

We chose Minnetonka Assisted Living because of its proximity to my place. I can visit my father often. The facility is clean and the staff are nice and supportive. So far so good.

commercesd December 29, 2011

I came to the Minneapolis area to visit a friend and help him to find an assisted living facility. From the outside, Minnetonka building resembled a nice colonial structure -- charming and inviting. The interior was as warm and friendly as its staff, who welcomed us when we arrived. We were offered fresh-made cookies from their kitchen - much like when visiting friends and family.

The trees and shrubs looked well-tended and beautiful - nicely gracing the sides of the home. We sat on the lovely deck for a light lunch - which consisted of a healthy chicken salad and our choice of dressing, bread and soup. Everything was delicious. The main room featured a wide-screen TV and a bookcase -- which resembled a country colonial living room -- only a bit modernized and still homey.

They design all of their services individually, to suit the needs of their residents. We really like this aspect - since people change all the time and I am not sure how my friend's condition will change over time.

All of the rooms looked like personalized dwellings and the residents all seemed very comfortable and at home. My friend is wheelchair bound at times, and we liked that he could easily access any of the rooms. We also liked that the library had such a nice variety, because he is an avid reader. His vision is impaired, and we were delighted to see that the staff was able to adapt the computer so that he could easily use it if he wishes.

There are plenty of activities for everyone to consider and participate in. The Minnetonka region offers many community-focused events to choose from. The local schools invite the residents to visit for plays, fund-raising and other interesting events. The local library is not far away -- has a great selection and regularly visits the facility. Also - Minnetonka is not far from the Minneapolis area, so the residents regularly visit for theater, restaurants and shopping.

The staff immediately put us so at ease that we nearly forgot we were there to see an assisted living facility! Definitely a lovely place to spend any retirement.

About The Landing of Minnetonka

The Landing of Minnetonka is an assisted living facility in Minnetonka, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Landing of Minnetonka for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Landing of Minnetonka