Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy

500 Carlson Parkway, Minnetonka, MN, 55305

Reviews of Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy

Caring104389950 March 31, 2015

The staff was excellent. They gave us an excellent tour of Freedom Pointe. It was like a home. They had great amenities and really nice meals two times a day. They had their washing machines and dryers on each floor. They had a huge library, bathing facilities if you want to take a bath instead of a shower, and an ice cream parlor. They also had memory care there. If you wound up getting dementia or Alzheimer's, instead of having to move to some place else, you just move in to the memory care, which is wonderful. I'm interested in them, and that's possibly the one that I will be putting my parents in.

Caring60173050 July 03, 2014

Freedom Pointe is more expensive, but I think there are more services. The rooms were well done, and they are in the process of updating the rooms and adding more floors for laundry. The food was excellent. We talked to the marketing director; she was excellent, very kind, and very good. There were lots of activities, bingo, card games, and a beautiful library. It was very quiet and right across the street from the community center. There were people looking like they enjoyed themselves. They don’t have protective parking for cars.

Shelly4 March 28, 2014

Freedom Pointe Minnetonka is an assisted living, and then they have a lock unit for the Alzheimer's patients. I think that if my dad needs something like that, it would be a nice place to consider. Their rooms were very small. The staff member who assisted us was really helpful. She also gave us some interesting notes for us to check out. Even if we didn't have dad live there, they helped us with some information that was helpful. The residents at that time seemed like they were talking; they weren't just keeping to themselves, which was nice to see. When we went up to the lock unit, we did see them playing a little game, and it looked like all the residents were participating in it.

Arlyss1 February 28, 2014

I love Freedom Pointe Minnetonka. I really enjoyed it. The lady there was so informative and so helpful. They were very informative. They have everything that we needed there. My impression of this place was very good. They had therapy places in the facility, etc. We love that one.

Christina6 February 14, 2014

I wasn't impressed with Freedom Pointe. The apartments were way more expensive and tiny. A studio apartment was $5,000. The layout was pretty bad. I met with the marketing director and she was just really nice. The place looked nice. My stepdad is a smoker and he needed a place that he could go down and smoke.

Caring67818850 January 31, 2014

We have found Freedom Pointe for my mother. It's convenient for me; it's very close to my house. Their rooms and the environment are adequate. The staff's work attitude generally is pretty good. I do like them. I think they're very nice. In the summer they have outdoor activities and in the winter, they have indoor activities. With regards to food, I haven't tried to eat there but my mom likes their food.

Barbara35 June 19, 2013

Freedom Pointe at Minnetonka was assisted living only, and we would need something that also has dementia care. Well, they said, you could stay through the beginning of dementia, but after that, you have to move. That was very large, a big block building that is facing the woods and it did seem to have a lot of light and open space, but they were short of staff on the day that we were there anyway. The room that we were allowed to go into was fine; I didn't have a problem with that. It was a smaller room, but was light and bright, and the lady that lived there seemed to be very content.

Emily 1 August 22, 2012

They're very good. The staff is very attentive and very helpful to the residents. I go there almost every day for my mother. I'm always impressed of how well they managed her. I like the appearance and the room, I was very happy with that. I sat with her at lunch time and the food was quite good and they have choices like, vegetables, fruits. They also got activities for them all the time. I'm happy about that because she is busier than she ever was. They have outings in Lake Minnetonka, the museums, and other places. Considering how big adjustment this is for her, I'm pleased with how happy she is with them.

Joe S. June 30, 2012

The wait staff was incredibly polite to all of us. In addition, the rooms seemed very nice, a far cry from the small, depressing rooms many elderly people seem to get stuck with. This is the kind of facility I would be very comfortable putting my loved ones in.

fallofgus February 29, 2012

The sales staff went above and beyond to accommodate our situation. We put grandma in the assisted-living section for memory loss. The staff prorated the first month's bill, supplied temporary furniture while we got her settled, and was available constantly. They repeatedly went out of their way to make sure everything was ok and even kept up on other goings on in our family. Each room has its own bathroom which is really large and very convenient. The eating area is pretty big with plenty of room for family members and guests and staff to come together. I would unflinchingly recommend this facility. I did not tour the upstairs or regular living facilities, just the memory-assisted part. I did see some bingo and other activities that looked enjoyable. The location is good for most of the west metro, but it would be a bit far if you lived in the east or in st paul.

SandK September 29, 2011

Freedom Pointe is a lovely facility but it is quite expensive. The facility was clean and well decorated. It did not have the typical institutional feel that you associate with a nursing home. The food looked much more appealing than typical institutional food. The staff were generally helpful and available. They seemed to show patience with both the independent and the more demanding residents. The staff and management were accommodating when we wanted to bring the dog in to visit with our relative. Freedom Pointe was always decorated nicely for holidays. The Christmas decorations were especially nice. The resident rooms looked and felt very much like a nice hotel. The common areas were inviting and had a very home-like feel. The down side is that Freedom Pointe is at the high end of the cost spectrum. It was considerable more expensive than a lot of other suburban nursing facilities that I have seen. I would recommend Freedom Pointe for those who can afford it.

MAllowMArsh July 27, 2011

I have visited this facility quite a few times. I can say that the staff is very friendly. The entire complex is very clean and tidy. Many nice places for the residents to sit and get a view of the outside world. I would recommend at least visiting and taking a tour.

commercesd May 29, 2011

Visited this facility

Freedom Pointe of Minnetonka is located in a nice part of that suburb of Minneapolis. It is easy to get to, however not as convenient as if it were in the city of Minneapolis. It kind of looked like a modern Colonial style motel. It's nice enough, but nothing about it really stood out as to how it looked. We wanted to find a place for our uncle that included plenty of lush greenery. For example, many of the other facilities had much more access to many lovely garden areas. There is staff around, but there weren't as many as we'd seen in other places. Because of that, it really seemed more like a motel than an assisted living community. Our uncle liked the ice cream parlor, the library and the barbershop, because he likes to keep his hair trimmed. The studio and one bedroom apartments were nicely decorated, clean and had nice layouts. Some of the units have patios between them, which seemed nice for encouraging interaction. Although they seemed to have all of the standard assisted living offerings, we'd experienced a more pronounced feeling of warmth elsewhere.

slclynn May 18, 2011

Visited this facility

Freedom Pointe of Minnetonka offers many amenities and services for seniors in an assisted living facility. Although the facility looks nice, and is clean, the staff is not very accommodating to residents, and the overall milieu is that of a business more than a comfortable home environment. Residents' needs are not accommodated with friendly service, and nursing services are not, in my opinion, provided with the utmost care and consideration for the residents. Housekeeping and laundry services are available on sight, as well as 24 hour staff who are accessible for safety purposes. Available amenities include; a library, ice cream parlor, beauty salon, barbershop, and business office. Studio and one bedroom apartments are offered. While the accommodations are nice, with private baths, kitchenettes and even patios adjoining some units, the most important focus, which should be friendly service to the residents is lacking.

From Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy

Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Minnetonka Carlson Pkwy

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Receptionist at main lobby from 8A to 8P. Door is locked from 8P to 8A.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Our residents have a lot of input in our activities. If they want to have an activitiy that isn't currently offered, we will work it in (withing reason!).

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All Assisted Living apartments have kitchenettes.

• Staff patient ratio: Staffed based on accuity
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Class F

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid