Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

1201 Broadway, Millbrae, CA, 94030

Reviews of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

Gary123727050 April 25, 2016

Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center was a nice place. It felt more like a retirement community than a care community. The rooms were nice and had a variety to choose from. They had a room with a mini bar sink and kitchenettes. It's more flexible and can deal with people with different levels of need. They had a bus that took people on field trips that looked appealing. The sales director who assisted us with the tour was very nice and very personable.

Belmont Gal February 16, 2016

Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center wasn’t the right place for my mother-in-law. They were very lovely, nice, friendly people, but they didn’t meet the criteria that she wanted. The food wasn’t as good as where she is. I think they had lots of activities, but it was not as appealing for her.

Esther9 January 13, 2016

I toured Marymount Greenhills. They have their own, large facility for physical therapy. Their rooms have kitchenettes. The staff seemed knowledgeable about the facility.

Leonard6 April 23, 2015

My mother-in-law moved to Marymount Greenhills memory care 7 years ago last month. We looked at several homes, big and small prior. We were impressed of the cleanliness and odor free rooms. All the staff from executive to bus driver are so friendly. The staff is caring and inform us of any changes to her needs. Navin has been so supportive to my mother-in-law and our family.

Caring5866 October 31, 2014

My mom was at Marymount Greenhills for three weeks before she passed away. They were excellent. The rooms were wonderful. They were terrific rooms, very nice rooms. The facility was clean and smelled good. The people seemed very nice including the residents. They were involved in music, and they had live music and piano players and so on coming in.

Linda99786950 October 03, 2014

Greenhills was the place for my aunt. She was there almost 9 years. The staff took great care with her. From assisted living through hospices, she was truly cared for.

Caring98236050 September 01, 2014

My mom is so happy, content, safe, and delighted that she is living at Marymount Greenhills. She is so amazed with the safety, meals, outings, games, entertainment, and housekeeping. I never realized and so appreciate how easy the transition to move her has been. Five stars for this facility for sure!

Erika6 September 01, 2014

After searching for a place for my father, I was beginning to get discouraged. I came to my appointment with Marymount and have been happy ever since. The care they provide is excellent. The staff is remarkable. The director is awesome as well. I can now continue my life without worrying about my father.

Catherine16 September 01, 2014

I would like to take a moment to explain the invaluable service and support that Marymount Greenhlls has provided us with during the very long and ardous journey my Mother has had to endure. Marymount Greenhills has been an asset to us in so many diretions; it is hard to define them all. They provided companionship and a friendly facility that Mother has been able to enjoy through her unfortunate decline. At times, my Mother's personality and health varied and Marymount Greenhills' flexibility and oversight made for an unaffected transition. Without a doubt, Marymount Greenhills' was instrumental in my Mother's longevity. Their services were transparent and I never felt hesitant to inquire about anything. Her medical needs were always attended to and my family felt very comfortable about her safety. I have recommended Marymount Greenhills numerous times and for a short period before her death, my grandmother also was a resident at Marymount.

Nicci1 September 01, 2014

My grandmother has been at Greenhills for almost five years. She has gotten excellent care the entire time. I know because I am always in constant communication with the staff.

Kaye3 August 30, 2014

Even though I was somewhat familiar with resident homes and care homes, I had no idea it could be so comfortable. We are treated so nicely by all the personnel of Marymount Greenhills. They are so responsive to our needs. Most of all, everyone has a smile for you!

Phil13 August 30, 2014

I am writing this letter to express my feelings on the subject of the level of care being provided to my mother, Raymonde J. P., at Marymount Greenhills Retiremnet Center. My mother was diagnosed with dementia and has been a resident of Marymount since May 2009. Due to her declining condition, the decision was made to move her to the memory care unit in September 2012. To date, I can say that I am very pleased with the level of care and services being provided to my mother by the staff at Marymount. The staff is very good in keeping me and my mother's doctor apprised of any medical related issues as well as administering any follow-up care prescribed or suggested by her doctor. They are very attentive to all of her needs. At this time, and for the foreseeable future, I cannot imagine any other facility where my mother would reside whereby I could have the same assurances and confidence in the level of care that is being extended to her at Marymount.

Shirley97548850 August 17, 2014

I don't know what would I do without the excellent service that Greenhills performs for my husband. They are always on their job. I would highly recommend them!

Daughter25 August 08, 2014

My mom is so happy, content, safe, and delighted that she is living at Greenhills. She is so amazed with the safety, meals, outings, games, entertainment and house keeping. I never realized, and so appreciated how easy the transition to move her has been! 5 stars for sure.

Catherine15 August 07, 2014

I would like to take a moment to explain the invaluable service and support that Marymount Greenhills has helped us with during the very long and arduous journey my Mother has had to endure.

Marymount Greenhills has been an asset to us in so many directions it is hard to define them. They provided companionship and a friendly facility that Mother has been able to enjoy thorough her unfortunate decline. At times, my Mother's personality and health varied and Marymount Greenhills' flexibility and oversight made for an unaffected transition.

Without a doubt, Marymount Greenhills was instrumental in my mother's longevity. Their services were transparent and I never felt hesitant to inquire about any subject. Her medical needs were always attended to any my family felt very comfortable about her safety.

Margaret41 August 07, 2014

Marymount is an attractive, clean, and well managed facility with a pleasant environment. They also have a courteous staff. My mother has been a resident for a few years. Her needs are constantly met as she ages. She is well groomed by the staff and we are best informed of any changes. Our family is impressed with Marymount's services.

Phil12 July 18, 2014

We choose Marymount Greenhills for my mother because of its proximity. It is about three miles from where I live and the price is also good for me. They are taking great care of her and I have no complaints. They are very good, very responsive and whenever there is medical issue or any little thing, they always contact me just to let me know what's going on and notify her doctor as well like they will send a fax to the doctor's office. They are very pro-active and that's very good.

Jane95234050 June 30, 2014

There is so much support and so much pleasure here. I don't know where to begin. The staff is very special. The food is grand and the fun never ceases.

William42 June 30, 2014

The place is very pleasant combined with friendly and competent staff. The place couldn't be better. Staff is terrific!

Janet93815750 June 05, 2014

I went and looked at all of these different facilities and Marymount was the most spacious,clean and bright. It was by far the easy choice to make.

My mom was in hospice and I think she would not have survived. She's a hospice graduate and it's all thanks to Marymount Greenhills. She's very comfortable there. She likes all of the activities. She feels loved. They took very good care of her.

I like their food. Cesar is a great chef. He's been there for years and years.

Bob93815650 June 05, 2014

The administrator that we were introduced to when we setup our appointment was extremely personable. In our opinion, they catered more to the needs of my mother as opposed to just get someone to move in and that was very impressive to us. When we were able to meet other administrators prior making a decision, that impression carried through. They really think that the needs of the clients are really at the forefront of everything.

The presentation of the living quarters was very impressive. They kept it very well, very clean, very sanitary and modernized. The other thing that worked out very well for mom is that the dining area, activities area and the entertainment area are all attached and it's very convenient for her.

The staff, particularly the activities director made it part of their daily schedule to encourage and invite my mother to the activities until she was able to familiarize herself and felt comfortable with it. She's been there for 2 years. If there's an activity that she is not sure whether she wants to go or not, the activities director and the staff are there to encourage her.

What's very helpful and reassuring for us is that they have 24-hour medical attention there. I also noticed that there seems to be a very warm interaction between the staff and residents.

Judy93591050 June 02, 2014

Marymount Greenhills sent me a brochure and I thought that if they can send me a brochure, I can't afford to go there. They told me to just come down there and I did. They were able to get us in at a very reasonable price so I was very pleased.

They got a lot of activities that in the afternoon that my dad enjoys. They had bingo which he loves. They had movies and all kinds of different things that he enjoys doing. This is one thing that I was happy about because he has things that he could do there. I was really happy to have him there.

Their food is healthy and has a lot of variety. The staff is good, polite and helpful. I really think that Marymount is a really great place

Penny8 June 02, 2014

I am a conservator for someone who lives there. She's been there since 2007. We are totally pleased with Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center. Everything is what my friend needs. My friend had a stroke and she cannot talk. The staff there knows her well enough to talk with her and give her puzzles to work and things to do. They call her Giggles because she's a very pleasant person and the staff is very pleasant to her too.

It's a clean and well-kept environment. The things are vacuumed and cleaned on a regular basis. If there's anything I want done, all I have to do is ask and is take care of that day. I have been to their dining room. I haven't eaten there but I've seen the food that they are serving and everyone is happy with it.

John81951950 April 30, 2014

The people at Marymount Greenhills are very nice. I found the staff to be very responsive. The place is clean, and I have no complaints. His room is very nice. He has a small bedroom, living room, and a bathroom. They have a bus that takes the residents to shopping or to their doctor's appointments. The best thing I like about this facility is the people and the warm environment.

JStillman July 20, 2013

This is a beautiful and cozy place! My mom was not the same when dad passed last year, and luckily her best friend already lived at Greenhills. Every time I visited mom she was so depressed and lonely, I wanted to her to be with her people that she can interact with. I called up Greenhills and we did two lunch tours because my mom was a retired chef! Luckily the food passed and mom enjoys her balcony which overlooks the park. The caregivers are so friendly and I feel that they treat the residents as if it was there own parents. It so relaxing to visit mom and knowing she is happy.

dompatello June 15, 2013

My uncle is very stubborn and would not want to leave his house. Luckily this place is down the street from where he is. From the day we did the tour everyone was nice to us especially Penny at the front desk. What helped convince my uncle that this was the right fit, was that the rooms look like an apartments instead of an institution. It also helps that one of his friends have been living there for 3 years now. I give this place five stars because all I have to do is visit him instead of worrying about him being all alone.

Caring44611 June 07, 2013

Marymount Greenhills was a very pleasant and clean facility. We had decided this place for my mom. The attendants seemed to be very attentive and the manager was very hospitable. The room we picked out was nice and clean. It was bright and cheerful. Unfortunately, my mom never made it out of Chicago. Her health declined so bad, we had to put her back in hospice care and she never was able to make the trip.

Caring 0069 March 20, 2013

I visited Marymount and thought that it was a good possibility where my mom could stay. The person who took me around was very nice to me. The place was clean and I didn't notice any unpleasant smells. Their menu looked good. They had pleasant rooms. I would recommend this facility.

D. Snyder February 06, 2013

My mother Dolores has been here for over 5 years now. This is our third place because my siblings and I were so worried about mom being safe in the other two facilities. The service and care at Marymount Greenhills are excellent. When I go on vacations I do not have to worry at all. The LVNs in the med room keep me updated with her care and her medications. I just wish this was the first facility that my family and I had placed her.

From Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

• Minimal entrance fee of just $3000.
  • Our caregivers are certified and are here 24 hours a day.
  • Our licensed vocational nurses are also present 24 hours a day.
  • Competitive pricing and high quality assisted living.
  • 7 types of apartments to choose from.
  • No segregations of independent and assisted living.
  • Full time nurse on staff.
  • 24/7 staffed lobby.
  • Free transportation.

Level of care is outstanding! Very heavily monitored Reception area which automatic response systems in place Beautiful gardens surround the Community All levels of care in one amazing Community.

Features of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,800/month