American House Milford Senior Living

700 Napa Valley Drive, Milford, MI, 48381

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House Milford Senior Living

April 19, 2015

We saw American House Milford, and it was very expensive. They were very nice, and the place itself was gorgeous. I wouldn't mind staying there at all. It has a lot of activities, and it had everything I would want, but it is expensive. I have seen the room, and everything is beautiful. I love it, and if I could afford it, I would be there.

Thank you for your feedback on American House Milford! The community is beautiful and residents are afforded restaurant-style dining, coffee bar, movie theater, beauty salon/barber shop and many more amenities to create an all inclusive lifestyle! Please contact the main office if you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance! Paula Tatum, Executive Director (248) 676-2121

January 18, 2015

By Caring100520350

I thought American House was too dark and depressing. We didn't like the apartments. We found it to be very depressing and dark. It is very low lit, and it has dark carpets. The walls were gloomy; it was just dark, and we didn't like it. We didn't bother eating there because we didn't care for the place. We were just in there to walk around and take the tour, but we didn't care for it. We really thought it was nice that they had a heated parking garage below. That was kind of a unique feature for the elderly. They had some really nice features, but we didn't care for the atmosphere. It sounded like everything was nice, and people seemed to be happy there. But my sister and I like brighter things, more open, and not so tightly closed in. The person who took us on the tour was nice, and the tour was great. Everything was great. We just didn't like the building. It offered a lot; it's just our preference.

Thanks for leaving your feedback! It’s understandable that tastes may vary when it comes to decor. We do have several other American House communities in the area that perhaps may be more your style. If you’d like to give me a call, I’d be happy to help guide you to the best community for you!

Sincerely, Paula Tatum, Executive Director 248-676-2121

January 31, 2014

By Caring77419750

American House is right by my brother's house, that's how we came about this facility. I don't like it because it's an old building. We did go into a couple of rooms and they were okay, clean and nice; however, they were expensive. The tour guide was wonderful, but we never saw one resident. I like to talk to the residents and ask about the facility, but there was never one person anywhere. At the independent side, they were having an open house, so that one was way happier except the people who were sitting in a room were kind of sad. I talked to a few of them and they just said, "It's all okay. It's not home." What I didn't like about this facility, with my mom's dementia and if she was going to do the wandering thing, they just said that their residents could just wander around at night. I guess there was enough supervision. For activities, they did have a nice calendar of stuff.

You may have caught us on a day where many of our residents were out enjoying one of our activities or events! I'd like for you to stop by my office or call me personally and so we can discuss your concerns. Some of our residents do go through an adjustment period, as change does take some getting used to - particularly if they've left a lifetime home. We have American Houses around the area who can accommodate residents with dementia - give me a call if you're still looking and I can make a recommendation on the best place for your mother.

Sincerely, Paula Tatum Executive Director 248-676-2121,

Photos of American House Milford Senior Living

About American House Milford Senior Living

A charming, cozy community, American House Milford is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in the quaint town of Milford and surrounding areas of Highland, Commerce, and Bloomfield. American House Milford is also located close to Huron Valley Sinai Hospital and Kensington Park.

American House Milford Senior Living offer luxurious, maintenance-free one and two bedroom apartment homes with private baths on peaceful landscaped grounds. Enjoy the convenience of an on site movie theatre, beauty salon/barber shop and indoor parking garage. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining, laundry and housekeeping services. Additional support services are also available, such as medication reminders, physical therapy, bathing and mobility assistance and more.*

RENOVATIONS ARE UNDERWAY for a beautiful community dining room, activity rooms and comfortable lounges for socializing! Stay tuned for our Grand Opening Party!

Property Amenities
  • Maintenance-free apartments with full kitchens
  • Common areas for family & community events
Resident Services
  • Three meals per day
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Laundry service for additional fee
  • Activity Director with diverse resident programing
  • Personal & scheduled transportation
Additional Features
  • Emergency response system*
  • 24-hour staffing*
  • Month-to-month leases
  • Small pets welcome
Available Support Services*
  • 24-hour personal and medical care services are available onsite through a Medicare certified home health care agency. To learn more about services and customized care plans, please request a brochure and contact information.

Map of American House Milford Senior Living