Canyon Creek Senior Living

7235 Union Park Ave, Midvale, UT, 84047

Reviews of Canyon Creek Senior Living

November 12, 2015

By bonnieegbert

I took my mother to Canyon Creek for a tour this week and we were so impressed. Everyone we met was so personable. Especially Megan who gave us the tour. She went above and beyond, spent time with us answering our questions, and she even gave us tips on how to make the process easier. Megan was knowledgeable and professional and kind and was a bright spot for us in this process of finding care for our mother.

November 05, 2015

I was welcomed at Canyon Creek. It was the largest community that I visited and yet it still seemed very well managed. I liked the surroundings even though it was in the city of that area. There was beautiful scenery right around it which made you feel like it was a little more isolated. I was impressed with the activities that they mentioned. The rooms were very nice, and they said that they recarpet and put in new countertops with every new move in. The units I saw were freshly painted, freshly cleaned, and had brand-new carpet. I was very impressed with everything. Everyone was so knowledgeable and friendly. This was a little bit less expensive than the other place we visited, and I would be very happy having my mom there.

October 29, 2015

By Nori1

Canyon Creek is nice, clean, and the outside grounds are beautiful. The location wasn’t good; they were too far from us. We met with management and they were great. The rooms however, were old and dated looking, clean, but rundown. There was a singing group and they were practicing. I didn’t get a comfortable feeling when I was there, it felt cold.

September 29, 2015

By Lynn111718750

Canyon Creek seemed to have a nice facility. It had been remodeled recently. I was pretty impressed with it. It was nice.

August 14, 2015

Canyon Creek is pretty good. They are in the slight phase of hiring more people on the staff, so there are little hiccups here and there because of that. My mother likes her room, but she first complained that it was kind of small, and then she realized that it is kind of better that way. The food is OK; it is not the greatest in the world, but it is not bad either. She was trying to do the exercises at one time, she goes to church because they have church services downstairs, and she has also been doing a lot of physical therapy and stuff. Right now, they are doing all they can and like I said they are hiring maybe 5 or 6 new CNAs, so they can get to everyone faster. They were slightly understaffed at that time, so they had to catch up a little bit.

June 01, 2015

By Frankfuller

Canyon creek is a hidden gem. I recently visited their building looking for my parents. I was treated well by everyone I met there and the building is nice. It has a creek which I liked for my parents view. I liked the activities they did and felt like my parents would always be doing something. It was clean and smelled good too. I am definitely recommending them and you have to see it for yourself.

May 29, 2015

By mevans

I have been researching assisted living’s in salt lake for quite a while. My Mother was looking for a place that made her feel safe, cared for, and supported. I also wanted to make sure she was involved in activities and felt a social belonging with her peers. They have engaging and interesting activities that were unique to this place and I really liked the activities planner. She felt like she would have a lot to look forward to and wouldn’t be bored. The building is pretty, I like the creek outside and the dining area. It was fresh and clean smelling. Once my Mom is ready to move I will definitely be coming back to Canyon Creek to make this her home.

May 28, 2015

By The Davis's

I toured Canyon Creek with a friend who was looking at communities for a family member. I was very impressed with the attentiveness of the staff, and how happy the residents looked. It looks like they do fun activities, and the building was very clean.

May 14, 2015

By twhite

I really enjoyed touring Canyon Creek. The building has such an inviting and warm feeling. You can tell the residents are well taken care of, and the staff enjoys working there. The community has a nice smell and is very clean. The creek is absolutely beautiful and gives the building a great atmosphere. I would recommend Canyon Creek to anyone who is looking for a fantastic assisted living or memory care for a family member.

May 01, 2015

By n.1206

I am a healthcare professional, and had the opportunity to tour Canyon Creek Assisted Living. I was very impressed with the staff members, as well as the cleanliness of the building. The residents appeared to be very happy with where they live. I would recommend Canyon Creek to seniors and families who are looking into assisted living communities.

April 15, 2015

By rfrix

Moving here was a totally unexpected surprise. Turns out Canyon Creek is above and beyond anything I could have ever expected. The staff is the cream of the crop and has been tremendous with their care. Canyon Creek exhibits what good quality assisted livings are all about.

By Lateddy

When I first moved here, I found out how friendly the people are, and I started to feel right at home from the first. I still really enjoy living here.

By mkirk7235

I think Canyon Creek is a very friendly place. It has everything I need for my comfort, staff are always friendly and willing to help whenever needed. I believe it is the nicest community in the Valley. I personally love to do puzzles, as it keeps my mind active.

By sbeltran

This is a very nice facility with friendly staff!

March 31, 2015

By Bruzers mom

I was involved with Intermountain Therapy Animals and took my bulldog Bruzer to Canyon Creek on activity day. The was staff was always welcoming and wonderful to the residents. I really enjoyed our visits, the building was so clean and well kept. The residents were always so happy and enjoyed their home at Canyon Creek. a great location next to the creek in Cottonwood Heights.

March 30, 2015

By JSherwood/Applegate

As part of my profession I am in and out of assisted livings daily. This is a great community with excellent staff and care for their residents.

March 25, 2015

By SimiSoffe

Love the staff and the facility!!

March 24, 2015

By ssdur3e

In the three months I've been here, I have found the staff both managers and caregivers to be professional and responsive to my own personal needs and the needs of others. Generally speaking I find the community to be clean and well taken care of. There are a variety of activities offered throughout the day. The executive director is visible and accessible througout the week and on the weekends which is a huge compliment.

March 23, 2015

By gmum

I have been very comfortable here at canyon creek. I have made some great friends. Being able to start a choir has filled a spot for me and given me purpose. The management staff have been very helpful, and the nursing staff have been very attentive and concerned about peoples care needs.

March 17, 2015

By Cknoll

What a positive vibe shining throughout this community. They host great activities, and they do a great job getting their residents involved. Spring is just around the corner, and I know the outside scenery is going to be at its fullest potential; only adding to their wonderful culture. The staff is very knowledgable, and caring. Also, very impressed with the security of their memory care. -Chrisa

March 05, 2015

By hwalk

Canyon Creek Senior Living has the best resident focused staff around. They go the extra mile when a resident has a concern, need, or additional support. Their entire staff has been given value added service training to help ensure residents are safe and happy with their surroundings. I would highly recommend this Assisted Living facility for a loved one that requires this level of assistance.

March 02, 2015

By Stpuff

I love this facility! The staff are highly involved with their residents, whether it is the Administrator, Admissions Director, Housekeeping staff, nurses, and/or the recreation therapy staff, there is always someone available to let the residents know that they are cared for. I feel a sense of peace when I am in the building and know that there is a lot to be said about happy residents and staff members. Thank you for providing these things to people who need it the most in their lives. You are very inspiring!

February 27, 2015

By Dmayday

My wife had diabetes in an advanced state. A staff member from Canyon Creek came to our home to invite us for a visit to this facility. I felt I could take care of her but I couldn't. She got the constant care she needed at Canyon Creek which I am grateful for ! I have personally lived here at Canyon Creek now for 2 yrs and am extremely happy here,

February 27, 2015

By ALP

I think the place is very nice, and very sociable. Everybody seems like they are just one big family. My wife and I moved here from different communities and Canyon Creek helped make this happen for us.

February 26, 2015

By Autumn Donivan

Canyon Creek Senior Living is amazing! They took great care of one of our members spouses, he visited twice daily and said all staff is excellent and always willing to help out. Facility was clean, nicely decorated and the meals were delicious!

February 24, 2015

By Debra49

I did not like the memory care in Canyon Creek. It was downstairs. I thought it was too dark and gloomy. The staff was nice during my visit. The assisted living was nicer, but my mother would need to go to memory care.

November 20, 2014

By Disappointed123

My father currently resides at canyon creek and has lived there for 3 years. I am very disappointed in the quality of care and quality of food. Canyon creek was once a very friendly family type feel with happy residents and employees. It is rather obvious that residents and employee's are not happy and employees often seem stressed. Care and kitchen staff are always short. The current Director of Canyon Creek does not address any of our concerns and is always rude and in a hurry. All mangers doors are closed and uninviting. The Nursing director and her team are very nice and caring but are extremely understaffed. The young new care supervisor does not seem qualified for the job and does not resolve our concerns. Our family will relocate our father very soon. Please reconsider if you are planning to place your parent or loved one at canyon creek. Until management is changed, or can address our concerns this is not the place for anyone to place your parent or loved one.

June 30, 2014

By Jim and Noella Tate

To Everyone at Canyon Creek, what great people you all are! From day one you treated Donna with such dignity, love and care. We couldn't have picked a better place for her. You have all made everything so easy for us. We have been VERY impressed! From Randi and Jeanette from the very first day, to Toni, Cindy, Ann and Sonya and EVERYONE else, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You have been very special to us. We love you all!

April 24, 2014

By Wayne82

This is the best assisted living in town in regard to programming and customer service. I have been to this place numerous times and every time it is clean, smells great, and the staff are friendly. I highly recommend Canyon Creek!!!!!

April 24, 2014

By Mary Ann9

I didn't like Canyon Creek. It actually smelled like urine in one room, but there was nobody in there. It was empty. How could it smell like that? The tour was good, but I don't think it was complete because they have a memory side, and then they have another side, and we never saw the other side. It was kind of quiet. It just seemed more confined. I don't know why. It just felt that way. Maybe that's just me. As far as the people who were touring us, they were excellent. The followup was good.

April 18, 2014

By Shirley Langstrom

I toured this place in preparation for the future and it is the place I decided upon and would recommend. It is in the best location for me, but would be convenient for most as it is located close to the highway. It is also in a very good part of town and is close to popular stores. The facility is immaculately cleaned and the staff seem so happy to be there. The apartments are spacious and have very nice views of the mountains and a real creek that runs right next to the building. The restaurant also looks out onto the creek. It is very peaceful. When I toured, they had live entertainment. The calendar of activities stated that this is a regular occurance, which is something I would enjoy. They also go on outings to various places. I have to admit, I was tired of seeing other places because they all felt the same. I was relieved when I found this place and I'm confident anyone would as well. Save yourself some time and frustration, check out Canyon Creek.

April 14, 2014

By Marlene B.

So impressed! We moved my mother into this facility about 5 months ago and have seen her flourish. We spent about 2 months touring other places in the greater Salt Lake area and there were a few that stood out to us, including Canyon Creek. The grounds and building are beautiful, but the one thing that stood out most was the friendly staff. We met a few residents in the hallways and they said they couldn't be happier to be there, which I think, is the true test when shopping for a place. My mom has become friends with quite a few other ladies and they socialize regularly. She is so much happier now and she is extremely complimentary of the attention she gets from the staff. We are very satisfied and so glad we made Canyon Creek our top choice. I highly recommend this place! They definately live up to their reputation for top notch service.

October 09, 2013

By Linda70910950

Canyon Creek was a very beautiful facility but it was very expensive. They have a real creek which runs through the garden at the back. The person who gave me the tour was pretty busy. Although, they can improve on their attitude towards the patients.

July 24, 2013

By Cal2

Canyon Creek Senior Living was very nice but it was not within our budget. I thought the rooms were spacious. The staff were very amiable.

June 02, 2012

By leaton

My grandmother was placed into this assisted living facility because she could no longer live alone, and needed supervision and assistance. Whenever I visited there, there was plenty of parking, and it always seemed like a warm and friendly atmosphere. the decor was inviting and the facility looked new and clean. It was important for us to have her feel as much "at home", so they allowed us to bring in her own furniture and post pictures of her family on the walls, and decorate it how we wanted. The nurses seemed very knowledgable, and were promt to assist her when she needed it. The nutrition people were also very nice and fulfilled her requests for certain food. they took her out so she could get fresh air and helped her do various activities that she liked to do. When she passed away, they were very professional and helpful. I am pleased that we chose that center for her care.I would definately refer someone to this facility for their loved one.

June 10, 2011

By anonymous44

Visited this facility

I always enjoy visiting Canyon Creek Assisted Living because not only are the grounds nicely taken care of, but it is always clean and well lit. I've never seen a stray speck of dust, which is saying quite a lot. The staff is also very efficient and non-obtrusive. The only concern I had was for the less than stellar safety rating in the area, but there's never been a problem here.

Photos of Canyon Creek Senior Living

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 12

About Canyon Creek Senior Living

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

Map of Canyon Creek Senior Living