NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Midlothian

Brookdale Midlothian provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Brookdale Midlothian

Posted by Caring107446550 March 12, 2015
4.0

Brookdale Midlothian would be my second choice. It is a nice place. This is probably where we would have gone had they not been able to take him in his current facility. It is beautiful and newer. The entrance was very attractive as we went through all the space they showed everybody. It was all very attractive and very homey. The people there were very nice and seem to know how to do a good job. I really think that is where we would have gone. That would be closer to us too. The dining room looked very nice. Everything about it looked good, and as far as I know everything about it might be good.

Posted by sbsw327 February 05, 2015
2.0

When we first moved my grandma into this facility five years ago we were more than pleased with the experience. The staff consistently went above and beyond to not only care for her but for her belongings. We were thrilled to have found an environment where we trusted the employees so much. Two years ago we had to move my grandpa in as well and the staff did everything they could to make the transition smooth and pleasant for him and us as well. However over the past year we have noticed a steady decline in the quality of the staff and the care. Their personal items began to go missing or be poorly cared for. We have shown up for visits only to find that they had taken my grandparents out of the building for activities without notifying us, one of these trips was to the zoo where we could have met them there with my nephew and had a really nice family afternoon had we been notified of the event. Also we noticed that my grandpa's foot was swollen and red during one of our visits and when we brought to the nurse's attention our concern about his ability to walk on it we were told to call back in the morning and talk to the morning nurse. We have since removed both of my grandparents from the facility and we feel a huge sense of relief.

Posted by Patricia82068850 October 17, 2014
3.0

Sutherland Place seemed very nice, and I thought it was newer than the other ones that we looked at. The room size seemed good. Though the single room seemed to be too small, they had like a single room and a half. The dining room seemed spacious enough. However, we didn't care for the tour that we had at all, and we didn't care for the person who gave the tour. From what I understand from him, he usually worked at another Sutherland Facility, so I was not sure how familiar he was with the one that he was giving us the tour. He rushed through everything. It was all very quick like he couldn't wait to get the tour over with.

Posted by GailM March 28, 2013

My Mom has been a resident of Southerland Place for over three years. She and I both think of it as her home. The staff is wonderful - very attentive and nuturing. Since it is not a large facility, there is a lot of individuall attention given to the residents. Mom especially loves the "lunch dates" each Monday. The meals are equivalent to a fine restaurant with multiple choices available. The chef is especially talented on his desserts, which are to die for! I would definitely recommend Southerland Place for a "home-like" assisted living facility.

Posted by ckhokie March 17, 2013

My mother currently resides at Southerland Place. I have been very pleased with the care that my mother has been receiving. The caregivers have been excellent and I truly believe that each one of them love my mother as their own. There has been great communication between the staff and my family on the care plan and any changes that they see in my mom. My mother fell one night and she told me that they quickly came to her call for help. After they had checked her vitals and made sure that there were no issues, the nurse called me at 12:30 am to tell me what had happened. Even though it was late, I was impressed that they called me to let me know what was going on. Management has an open door policy and is very accessible.
I also like that they are always having activities that gives the families a chance to have fun with their loved one. The week before Thanksgiving they invited all of the families to come to a Thanksgiving feast and there was close to 200 people that attended. It was a full Thanksgiving dinner with all of the traditional foods and they had live entertainment. Everyone had a wonderful time! Also the food has been excellent each time I have eating with her and at the parties. It is a tough decision on placing a loved one in an assisted living facility, but I am truly please with my decision of the Southerland Place.

Location of Brookdale Midlothian