Morningside of Bellgrade

Reviews of Morningside of Bellgrade

3.7

September 04, 2014

By lts1lyfe2live

I have a family member at this community in Alz and I happen to go visit my loved one today. I ran into a previous director of alz in the parking lot - wonderful girl (they need more compassionate people like that)! I am always greeted with a smile and a warming hello. It's overall a wonderful place to stay, the management team tries very hard to keep residents happy and entertained but they need more nursing staff with good attitudes. Many sit on their phones and just watch residents - no interaction. More staffing is needed on both floors and Alz. Building looks clean smells nice and residents were engaged. Dietary staff was friendly and welcoming.

July 22, 2014

They were going to put my mother on the second floor at Morningside of Bellgrade, which was halfway down the hall, and she can't find her way out of a paper bag, so I knew that was not going to work. In the Alzheimer's unit, I didn't see anybody even working in the area. The people there were just comatose people looking at a television set in black and white. They acted like they had a whole bunch of programs going on, but maybe it was the time of day I visited and they were all asleep. But everybody else in the common area was lying there and sleeping. I didn't see any staff members, and it was at a time where they should have been engaging people, but there wasn't any staff member engaging any of the residents. They all just sat there, comatose, staring at the television set. For what I thought my mother's needs were, I didn't think they were going to meet them. They didn't have enough rooms, like if you wanted to come and eat with your family member, there wasn't enough room in the dining room for you to do that. It also looked a little dirty. At the time that I was there, it was after lunch and before dinner, and it just didn't look clean.

April 11, 2014

I was impressed with Morningside of Bellgrade. The facility was very clean, and they had a locked unit so it was safe. The staff were very friendly, and they seemed to be very busy with the people and have activities for them to do, and so this facility would definitely be an option. They had music going on. They have crafts to do too. They also had stations set up throughout the unit where patients could go and sit down and work on things. There seemed to be a lot of activities available.

March 17, 2014

By Susan Smith

Other

I found the executive director of this facility extremely rude and uncaring and, in my opinion, should not be in the human service field!! I called this facility to schedule an appointment to tour. I am in the process of assessing memory care units to find the right fit for my dad. The day of the appointment the executive director called and canceled the appointment. She informed my mom that Morningside does not accept individuals with frontal temporal dementia. Upon hearing this I called to thank her for stopping us before we started the process with them since they are not equip to care for my dad. As I was attempting to make this point the director continually cut me off and talked over me. ( I asked her three times to please let me finish what I was trying to say). With that she got very irritated and defensive. She told me that people with frontal temporal dementia exhibit behaviors that people with other types of dementia and Alzheimer's do not such as irritability, anxiety, agitation (physical or verbal). On top of being rude she is not well versed in the field in which she works. The following quote comes from the Alzheimer’s organization page and is a description of Alzheimer’s “In early stages of the disease, people may experience personality changes such as irritability, anxiety or depression. In later stages, other symptoms may occur, including sleep disturbances; agitation (physical or verbal outbursts, general emotional distress, restlessness, pacing, shredding paper or tissues, yelling); delusions (firmly held belief in things that are not real); or hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there).” The bottom line is I don’t want my dad at a facility that is rude, uncaring and not equip to deal with individuals who exhibit symptoms of Alzheimer’s or dementia. And this director made it very clear to me that her staff is NOT trained to deal with physical aggression or verbal outbursts. We are very blessed in that my dad does not exhibit aggressive behaviors. He is the exact opposite, very docile and passive, but could not get a word in edgewise. So our search continues. I only hope that sharing my experience I can help others to avoid the emotional upset and frustration I went through.

September 13, 2013

By Caring Elly

My mother-in-law is now at Morningside of Bellgrade. I think it is all right. We decided on this facility because it was reasonably price and it was very nice looking. It does not have a homey-feeling to it but it looks very nice. Their dining room looks very nice as well. She has a room and a bathroom. I did see some of their activities for their residents. I would recommend this place.

August 25, 2013

By Shane4

My mother-in-law used to be at Morningside of Bellgrade and I thought the place was wonderful. It was really nice and clean. The nurses were good and attentive to the residents. The food was good. They had lots of programs. They had live music. They had a van that took them to places, movies and shopping. They had a birthday celebration every month. My biggest complaint on the place would be that people were not allowed to take their own medicine. We had to utilize the pharmacy that services the whole center. However, when we left we were told that we could have done that, but we were not made to feel that way. Overall, we were happy with all of them.

May 01, 2012

By cps1ldrn

When I visited Morningside at Bellgrade we were warmly welcomed. We had a nice tour of the facility. The apartments seemed average size. The facility appeared very clean and neat. We took a brief visit of the dining facilities but it wasn't a meal time when we visited. We met several residents and staff workers, they all seemed very friendly and happy. In the community I see the bus from Morningside all around taking the residents here and there and keeping them involved.

Questions About Morningside of Bellgrade

Assisted Living at Morningside of Bellgrade

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside of Bellgrade. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents in assisted living range in age. The average age of our residents is 88 years old. Our residents love the daily L360 activities that take place , as well as the outings to shopping, events, and entertainment that we provide. Or residents also love our spacious indoor and outdoor common areas to relax in and visit with family and friends.

What programs or activities does Morningside of Bellgrade offer to enrich residents' well-being?

L360 is our holistic approach to active community living. The programs primary focus is to enrich our residents lives using five dimensions of wellness including physical, spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social needs.

What places are near Morningside of Bellgrade or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our residents have easy access to a wide variety of shopping and dining located within walking distance right in the community of Bellgrade. The community is located in Chesterfield County with easy access to downtown Richmond.

What transportation services does Morningside of Bellgrade offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation to Doctor's appointments, shopping and off site events.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside of Bellgrade exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dining based on a solid foundation of our talented chef providing meals that offer plenty of choices everyday, our signature dishes, comfort food, healthy choices and residents favorites that stay true to our local cuisine and food that our residents love! All three meals and snacks available 24 hours a day are included in each residents monthly rent.

If Morningside of Bellgrade accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we are pet friendly. Dogs and cats are welcome as long as the resident is able to take care of their furry family member themselves.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside of Bellgrade provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer wander guard protection in Assisted Living and also have a secure memory care neighborhood called The Bridge to Rediscovery for residents with Dementia and Alzheimers disease.

Memory Care at Morningside of Bellgrade

Describe the neighborhood around Morningside of Bellgrade. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood in Chesterfield County. It's a quiet, lovely community.

Is Morningside of Bellgrade affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No we are not directly affiliated with any hospital.

Photos of Morningside of Bellgrade

• Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

About Morningside of Bellgrade

Morningside of Bellgrade offers compassionate senior care in Midlothian, VA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Bellgrade shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Midlothian, VA.

Map of Morningside of Bellgrade