Brighton Gardens of Middletown

620 State Highway, 35 S, Middletown, NJ, 07748

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Middletown

Maureen18 May 24, 2015

My stepfather is in Brighton Gardens of Middletown. I like the fact that everybody who comes in contact with the residents knows their name and talks to them. They treat the residents like people. The staff is very friendly. He has an apartment, and he is happy. The dining room is very pretty. If there was one thing they can improve on, it would be parking. There is no parking for people who are coming in to visit their family.

Kathy97541050 November 27, 2014

Our visit at Brighton Gardens was very nice. The amenities and services they offered were excellent. I think the facilities, the setup, and the location that is close to things that they would still be able to enjoy like churches and stores, were important so I think that was a good place.

The dining room is very nice, and the rooms -- especially for couples, they had a very nice suite for them -- the bedroom area, sitting area, and then a little kitchenette were very nice. When we were there some people were gathering, and there was a library area.

Caring77068550 February 28, 2014

Brighton Gardens have excellent people. They have a lot of different programs to keep my mother-in-law busy. She is in a studio. It is a very temporary situation, so it's kind of barebones, and very basic. But it is clean, nice, and homey.

moogoogaipan November 08, 2012

The place was nice and the staff was friendly. They had a cat, and later on got a dog, which was great for the residents. The staff was very good about medications. There weren't visiting hours, so family could visit at any hour. When my grandmother was no longer able to come to holidays at home, they had a room that they would reserve for us to use for holidays and large family dinners so that we could all spend time together as a family. They were also welcoming of family pets at the facility, which was great. They even allowed residents to keep a cat or small dog if they were capable of properly caring for the pet. One of the residents even kept a beautiful flower garden on the ground, outside of the dining area window. They were also very accommodating towards the end, making sure that my grandmother was given what she asked for.

greyts3 August 14, 2012

My father laid on the bathroom floor for 10 hours before someone checked on him. He died not long after that

Re123 June 15, 2012

I visited Ethel frequently and what I liked most about the facility was the activity director. She came up with many activies to encourage the residents to participate and get to know each other. This was great I thought for the residents who's families lived far or did not visit. She also was interested in individual hobbies and learned about each resident and had them teach their hobbies. They did things like group exercise,crafts, movies, guest entertainers and professionals, and trips. I think she really personalized the activies so they won't just what you would see in every nursing home. The place was always clean, but did smell alittle of bleach. It was decorated to feel homey, Ethel did complain about not being able to have pets. The food served in the dining room was acceptable, but very plain and the residents would complain. The staff seemed respectable. The place seemed to be what each resident made it, it was like an apartment complex for the active residents. Ethel's room was small and didn't believe it had a kitchen but it was new and comfortable. The front desk receptionist was always very pleasant and the manager seemed to be involved, he was always around when I visited and new residents by name. They also had a area in the back of the bulding the was meant for residents who needed full time care. Ifelt Ethel was happy there.

Caring51 June 18, 2011

It was very clean and the staff was very informative. And gave a wonderful tour of the place.

From Brighton Gardens of Middletown

Just minutes from the Garden State Parkway, with easy access for family and friends, and just off Highway 35 South past the Kohl's Shopping Center, Brighton Gardens of Middletown is nestled in a wooded setting and the Apple Farm Road neighborhood development. We pride ourselves in our commitment to individualized services for our residents, and our diverse program of activities. To experience what sets us apart, please join us for a complimentary lunch and personalized tour of the community.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Middletown

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Brighton Gardens of Middletown