The Palace Renaissance

11355 SW 84th Street, Miami, FL, 33173

Reviews of The Palace Renaissance

December 28, 2015

By Caring son20

We went to the Palace Renaissance, and it was nice. The décor wasn't modern; it was more renaissance-type with a lot of wood. The main problem we had there was the cost, which was about $2,000 more than any other residence. That was one of the reasons why we didn't consider it.

December 20, 2015

By Radman

The Palace's common areas were very nice and it felt like being in a five-star hotel. It's a very large facility with very nice amenities. To some degree, I think it's more than what I really need. It's very high-end. The rooms were very nice, and the staff seemed very pleasant as well.

December 16, 2015

By Ingrid3

The Palace Renaissance is awesome. Just like the name suggests, everything looks like a palace, and it is quite warm and welcoming. The residents were treated really exceptionally well. I’ve spoken to a few of them, and they are happy. It’s a nice place for senior people to spend their last days. The food is great. They have really nice activities and celebrations that residents get involved in. The best facility I’ve seen.

December 15, 2015

By David117161650

The Palace was very nice, but kind of expensive. The facility was very nice, the food was pretty good, and both the residents and the people who work there seemed very nice. They have different workshops and bingo, and my mom told me about Wii Bowling. My parents used to be bowlers, so that was interesting. People get together to play cards. It sounded like there should be a lot of stuff to do. We liked the one-bedroom better than the two-bedroom because it was more open and every room was bigger.

October 30, 2015

By Owen2

Palace Renaissance was very nice and clean. People were walking unsupervised, which was one of the reasons why we are not going to go there. Some people look lost -- they didn’t know where their room was or what floor they were on. The place was nice and seemed like it was looked after well. The rooms looked nice. The lady that took care of us was very nice and knowledgeable, but it’s a little bit expensive. I saw they were playing bingo in one room, and I think there was some physical therapy going on.

August 21, 2015

It was nice, but it is not geared to patients with Alzheimer's. They had to go down the elevator to the place where they eat, and they didn't seem very safe. If you had an Alzheimer's patient, you had to have two to four, but no more than that for each staff member. What I saw there was they had one person looking at quite a bit of them. Palace Renaissance was not bad -- it was just not geared to our needs. The rooms were nice and big. They did have a nurse's station, and it seemed clean and open.

March 19, 2015

We choose The Palace Renaissance because my father really likes it out of all the communities that he's seen. It is smaller and only has 200 younger people. My father is not wheelchair bound and wants to do the activities with other people that are walking and active, and he is very happy. The food is excellent. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They have plenty of activities going on. The people are happy. They are smiling, and they enjoy it. It is very clean and very elegant, and it offers a cruise ship type of lifestyle for the residents. They have live entertainment many hours everyday.

February 09, 2015

My brother is at Palace. It is a good location, and all the amenities that he needs are there. It is very close to my home, so it is easy to visit him. They do have the full service, and they have everything there that accommodates his needs. Everything is perfect. I am very pleased with everything.

December 15, 2014

By Jeff30

The staff was really helpful at Palace Renaissance. The dining room and the lobby were lovely and elegant, but the rooms where the people lived were disappointing. It doesn't feel homey at all to me. It feels like I'm in a hotel or some place. The food was outstanding. They had some great entertainment after some of the dinners they have had. They would have happy hour, and it looked like people trying to have fun, but it just didn't look entertaining to me at all. I wouldn't recommend them as it is too expensive,` and I don't think they get what they pay for. The apartments were just unacceptable to me.

September 30, 2014

By Rita23

Palace of Kendall has different buildings for different purposes; one building for independent living, one for assisted living, and one where they need a lot of assistance that has several levels of care. The staff is good, adequate and accommodating. The rooms are a very good size and clean, with standup showers that have hoses attached to the shower so that the staff can bathe you if you need them to. The owners of this company treat each client as if they were his grandmother or grandfather. The food is good, and there is somebody who comes in every day to make sure the client is OK.

March 08, 2014

By mquinoy

I was told this was the best facility in town. DO NOT PUT ANYBODY YOU CARE FOR IN THIS FACILITY UNLESS IN ADDITION TO THE PRICEY ROOM AND BOARD, YOU CAN AFFORD PRIVATE DUTY CARE 24/7 ! They will neglect to tell you this when you sign up but trust me it is the only way to ensure that your loved one does not pass before their time and has a decent quality of life. My mother went in a vibrant active woman with cognitive disabilities and two months after was in diapers, wheelchair bound and unable to feed herself. Doctors overmedicate to make it easier for staff to manage residents. Happy to say that 3 weeks after leaving The Palace my mother is back to where she was before entering the facility. They will tell you that they pride themselves on personal care and attention to detail but it is all smoke and screens. You will find your loved one wearing somebody elses clothes, slumped over in a wheelchair before you know it.

November 26, 2013

By William16

The Palace was very clean and well maintained. It's an assisted living but predominance of the people there are independent. I think they also have quite a few of them there that they take care of. The working staff was very attentive. It is almost like walking in somebody's house. They don't expect you to sit. It was too hassling for me. I wouldn't recommend it for people with average background. It's expensive for one thing and you just don't feel like it's home. My family didn't have a real comfortable feeling that will be like living in a place where you really enjoy.

August 13, 2013

By george braddock

Palace At Kendall got excellent food. It's a very well attended facility as far as I can tell. The rooms are spacious and the dining room is great. The staff were helpful and the director seemed friendly.

July 08, 2013

By Adadevarona

my boyfriends' mother lived there for a couple of months this year. They it on a great show when family/friends visit...Can not recommend! Level of care should be better!

April 30, 2013

We found The Palace through the Internet and my mother-in-law stayed there. The staff were helpful and wonderful. The food was very good. She was in a shared room with a roommate. They had a lot of activities like music time, book club, bingo, arts and crafts, etc. They also brought the residents to the beach. And there were Sunday activities where family and friends brought food, beverages and even beer. The place is just wonderful.

October 24, 2012

By Steve10

It was a pleasant place. My grandmother said that she was treated really well. As she didn't speak English, they put effort in to make sure she received good care. They gave her 4/5 pages of pictures of things that she would need such as tv, curtains, food, water, bathroom, etc so that she could point on that picture and they could understand what she needed. The food was good too. It was fresh and hot.Also, they made sure that she was taken outside twice a day on a wheelchair. The facility was clean. The public bathroom needed cleaning. However, the patient's bathrooms were clean. They also changed the sheets everyday; I have heard that this doesn't happen in some places. This was one of the reasons why we chose this place.My mother had to stay with her for a few days because my grandmother didn't speak English. Since the facility does not require any family member to stay with the patient over-night, they were only able to provide a mat that she could put on the floor and sleep on. I do not think this is a bad service because family members staying back would be a rare incident in the facility.

October 15, 2012

By CareManagerExtraordinaire

A family member has lived at the The Palace for several years. We are demanding and still very pleased. This is as good as Assisted Living gets in South Florida. The decision is a no brainer if you can afford it.

July 10, 2012

By zmq

The facilities are attractive and well-kept. However, the service in the dining room left much to be desired. From my visits is common for the order to arrive to the table cold and be flat out wrong. The staff while friendly, do not seem to have any urgency when working to resolve residents' problems. This has caused much frustration for my relatives that live there and has lead to them seeking alternative places where the management is more efficient. The living quarters are spacious and have high ceilings. When a new resident moves in, the carpet is replaced, regardless of the condition the previous resident left it. Overall, the place one of the better options out there, but does leave some to be desired

July 05, 2012

By nissanator

They were a great facility with many activities. My grandmother was happy with the staff and their level of care for her and the other residents. She made many friends at this facility and had a lot of fun. I always felt welcome when I went to visit her at this facility. They were very accommodating to me and my family. I would highly recommend them for their knowledgeable staff and kindness.

May 03, 2012

By Nahbysone

The people working there were very nice and provided all the information I needed and answered all the questions I asked. They patients living there seemed to enjoy being o be honest I left with a good impression of the place.

April 19, 2012

By MBS2734

While the facilities themselves seemed nice and visually appealing, the staff seemed terribly rude. Every time someone came up to ask the front desk something, they seemed bothered, as if information wasn't a part of their job and they were being interrupted. I experienced their rudeness as an applicant and as someone looking for my aunt's next home. I couldn't imagine her having to live with such unassisting employees.

April 13, 2012

By commercesd

We visited The Palace Royale while in Miami looking at assisted facilities for my friend's mother. We liked the outer exterior, which appeared very well maintained. The grounds were nicely landscaped, with pretty walkways, seating areas and gardens. We did not have an appointment, yet the staff was very accommodating and took us on a full tour. This facility had ample communal rooms for a variety of activities, from reading in the library, to card games, physical exercise, crafting and special events and gatherings. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The outside activities feature many interesting cultural events in Miami, from fine dining to music and art. This facility can accommodate a variety of ambulation levels and as a resident's needs change, care can be shifted as necessary. The private living spaces were quite nice and beautifully decorated with lots of fresh air and light. All units were well designed and efficient. This is a well-designed living environment for seniors that includes everything they need. The staff seemed to enjoy their jobs and were thoughtful, kind and helpful.

March 31, 2012

By Mom's best friend

I've just placed my mother in this facility and couldn't be happier. The housing is beautiful and well kept. The staff is top notch. Managers are excellent and have addressed any of my concerns promptly and professionally.The activities provided are unique and stimulating for the residents.My mother doesn't like it ...... she LOVES it.! After almost three years of taking care of Mom we realized it was beyond our capabilities . The decision was extremely difficult, but now we have our lives back and my mother is enjoying a whole new phase of her life.

November 23, 2011

By looking1

I am thinking of moving in at some point. I also visited a couple of friends living there now. They have a lot of things going on. I also have had lunch and gone to a couple of partys.

October 19, 2011

By Gamapehe9

I went to visit a friend of my mom at The Palace Group Senior Living center, and although the space has many great attributes I believe is still has a lot to be desired. The center is very big with a large activities and entertainment area which opens to a small garden. I saw many seniors in this area either watching TV, cards or simple having conversations. The staff is very professional and friendly. The only concern is that in my opinion the center looked and felt too much like a hospital instead of a living space. The rooms looked too much like hospital rooms. The center does not smell fresh and clean, but sterile and of strong medicine mixed with bleach. All the decoration is based on plastic plants and very floral wallpapers and muted colors. I know that a senior living center requires to have a lot of medical equipment due to the nature of their clients, but many other clients are just there due to old age and I'm sure would love to feel like they are in a warm home instead of in a hospital. It would be good for their spirit as well as their energy levels.

August 02, 2011

By Steph0326

I visited this location for a family member. I was very much impressed with the cleanliness of the facility as well as with how sweet and attending the staff was. The center was so luxurious; it almost felt like we were in a real palace. We truly felt at home when we stepped into this location.

July 30, 2011

By kasazilb

The Palace Senior Living Group is a very good assisted living facility. They offer several different services for varying needs of assisted living. My grandmother lived in the Palace Renaissance for a couple of years. It provides a lot of activities for its residents and encourages the residents to become social. They do this by bringing in outside entertainment: magicians, bands, etc. My family and I even brought our dog to the residency as a therapy dog. Also, they bring in a lot of high school students for talent shows. By working with the community, it allows the residents to feel less constrained. Their dining hall is also a very sociable. It allows the residents to create bonds and friendships. The Palace also has activities that encourage the residents' families to visit. They have free ice cream at on certain days at certain times. They also have several events for different holidays for families to attend.

June 23, 2011

By ToniStunna

The Palace Kendall has a wonderful assisted living facility. Whenever I go to visit my grandmother, I am always surprised by how well maintained the property and building is; everything is so neat and tidy. I also like the fact that there is a gate guard monitoring visitors. Her apartment itself is simply gorgeous, and she says she can't imagine herself living anywhere else. The facility throws many parties and other festivities for the residents, which my grandmother really seems to look forward to and enjoy. She also has access to gardens, a cafe bar, a wellness center, and other amenities. The CNA's are all seem very competent and kind, encouraging my grandmother to be as independent as she can be while understanding her physical limitations.

Photos of The Palace Renaissance

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 11911032

About The Palace Renaissance

Set in an atmosphere of luxury, The Palace Renaissance has specialized staff and services catering to the needs of residents who are very frail, or suffer from Alzheimer's or dementia.

The goal of The Palace Renaissance is to allow our residents to live life to its fullest, to the maximum of their abilities, within a safe and secure environment. Many programs are provided to encourage residents to socialize and to stimulate them both physically and mentally. Assistance is provided to help residents with the activities of daily living.

Map of The Palace Renaissance