Sunrise of Metairie

3732 West Esplanade Ave., Metairie, LA, 70002

Reviews of Sunrise of Metairie

Marilyn111204950 July 28, 2015

Everybody was very friendly at Sunrise of Metairie. It was very welcoming. The place was very nice, and it was one of the newer facilities around that area. The apartments were relatively small. The dining room looked nice. They had a great big dog, which was wonderful.

Jim105506950 April 22, 2015

I have friends whose parents are living in Sunrise of Metairie. I know that their level of care is good, and that is what my mom needed. She has only been there for three days, and they told me to stay away for a few days so she can get used to things. She is perfectly at ease. Now she is telling me some stories that I think she has made up, but she seems happy about it. At this point, I am optimistic that we have found a place for her.

The rooms and apartments are nice. The place looks like a small hotel. She shares a suite with someone almost like in a college dormitory. The dining room is nothing special, but it is bright and airy. The staff is very caring from what I can see, and that is one of the things that we were looking for. They have an outside patio, and they have many activities in the area. There are caretakers all over the place, and they have an activity director and a pharmacist.

Bill74662450 April 07, 2015

We went and looked at Sunrise of Metairie. It was way too expensive for me. I didn't see anything at Sunrise that the other facility didn't offer. Their little apartments had two bedrooms attached to one kitchenette with a little living room. The one who toured me was a doll.

Sam13 December 06, 2014

Sunrise of Metairie is an upscale place with very exquisite furniture. The facility is beautiful. Everybody was really nice, and they seemed to have a real active social schedule. The residents looked very happy, and we observed them playing Bingo. It seemed to be a really nice place.

Darlene16 March 31, 2014

I really enjoyed our visit at Sunrise of Metairie. The environment is really, really nice. The rooms are very nice too. I saw their dining area, and I saw the residents coming down to eat, and I have to say it was really nice. The staff were wonderful.

munkygrl April 30, 2012

In comparison to other facilities, it's a really nice place. The place is essentially a mansion, the residents eat dinner and get served like it's a restaurant. There's always something to do, there's even a salon and community pets. The company's dementia therapies are like nothing I've ever encountered; as a nursing student, I've learned a lot about the aging process just from being there. However, the facility pays astonishingly low wages (especially in contrast to what residents pay monthly to live at the facility) and thus finds it challenging to keep reliable, honest workers with good and compassionate hearts.

RetGrandad March 16, 2012

I have been working with a builder's club in my high school. As the teacher, I get students to perform various service activities. One thing we are doing is taking a group of kids to the Sunrise Senior Center in Metairie, La to have the young kids visit and sponsor a bingo activity for the residents. I have been very impressed with the staff that works in this facility. They care about their patients well-being and treat them with the respect that they deserve. Not every retirement facility can say this. Here the staff members know every resident by their name and always use the names when addressing them. This helps them connect with their residents on a more personal level that is very important. That the facility allows us to bring teenagers in to visit the residents also shows how much they care. This is the type of facility that I would be happy to have a relative in.

Wocn2011 November 28, 2011

Although the facility is beautifully decorated, it is a facade. The quality of care was poor. The director of this facility and the direct manager were not equipped to handle the job of putting the appropriate personnel in place. Staffing was always an issue. Glad we were able to find a better living arrangement for my loved one.

From Sunrise of Metairie

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise of Metairie