Grand Court Mesa

262 E Brown Rd, Mesa, AZ, 85201

Reviews of Grand Court Mesa

Mark680382 June 17, 2016

We visited Grand Court of Mesa, and it’s a terrible place. It’s rundown and needs to be painted. The staff did not know we would come in for a visit, so they were not ready for our appointment. It’s just an older place, and I am not impressed by it.

Dean10 October 31, 2015

My parents are at Grand Court of Mesa. The rooms at Grand Court of Mesa were big. It's more like an apartment room and felt like a hotel suite. I know that they have activities that they have been participating in. They have an Oktoberfest, where they have barbecues. They also have knitting circle and different denominational religious meetings. There was some kind of a musical presentation that they were doing last night when I went there.

Betty113328450 September 17, 2015

I visited Grand Court of Mesa. It had one room open, but it was quite far away from the dining area. It would have been hard for my relative to get herself there. The dining room had small tables for 4 people. They had tablecloths and nice dishes. They had good meals three times a day. It was a very nice place.

Cmpm May 31, 2015

This place has come along way with service and dining. I'm very pleased with the quality and choices on the menu.

Noble January 06, 2015

I believe they try to run a nice facility; however, if you or your loved one is not able to live independently, you will be constantly frustrated by the services. Several residents with without heat in the past week when the temperatures outside were freezing; my friend's daughter is moving her mom in two days because, as she said this morning, "They just don't care." I believe they hire quality caregivers, but the workload must be impossible to me. For example, if a resident needs to be assisted to the bathroom, they could easily sit for 20 minutes without assistance (oops! too late!) There is a wonderful new chef and sharp servers, but it isn't uncommon for residents to wait 20 minutes for someone to take their order, ...then the wait time for the servers to bring the food. As my sister and I have said, they have the bells and whistles in place, but simply can't deliver the important services.

June18 September 11, 2014

Grand Court was very nice with a very nice room. I liked the food. They had a menu that you could choose from. We didn't see too many people, and we dealt with only one person. They had a card room, a therapy room, a library, and basically, they had all the same things as most other places. I know they had a pool. Everything was spic and span.

Robin34 July 30, 2014

The Grand Court of Mesa is fantastic. The food is fantastic, and everything is good. It is like a restaurant style; it's got a huge menu. My father's room is always clean. Anything that he needs, he just presses a button and they are there. Alarms are everywhere, but he also has an alert that he uses when he needs to go downstairs or move in the halls. He's got a two-bedroom apartment. I have nothing but great things to say about the facility. They put a flyer for the activities on each room in the morning, and they also post them in the elevators. The staff is very compassionate and caring. Compared to where he was at before, he is very happy. He can go in the living room and sit. He is not lying in bed 24/7. The place is clean. He is putting on some weight and looking better than he has.

taylor04 March 11, 2014

I just love this place, they have a wide range of age groups here late 50's , 60s, 70s, 80 and a few in their 90s. The food is great! Caregivers are sweethearts and i just love my apartment! The housekeepers do a great job each week cleaning, theres always something to do social wise. Pet friendly! They just did some remodeiling it looks great!

fallinstarzz58 October 07, 2013

This place is horrible!!!! my father in law was moved to a nursing home because of his health and he would not be coming back to this place well they took it upon themselves to go threw his stuff and take his things and throw his stuff away , we got there just in time to stop what they were doing ,we asked them for this box that had important papers in it they said that they couldn't find it , we saw where it went , they took it!!! Don't send your loved ones here !!!!1

abused April 13, 2013

I cannot recommend this facility to anyone who needs assited living. They do not follow the care plan or respond to calls timely. When we were moving in another couple was moving out, said good luck getting any care. My sister fell 4 times in 4 weeks. A "care giver" threw a cup of orange juice across the room when she spilled it. She had a stroke and also could not move without help. She was left on the toliet ALONE for extended periods. We were not notified of her falls. She had a respitory problem that they did not address. We sent her to the ER. She was in the hospital for 8 days. Her last fall was the same day we took her to the ER. She has a HUGE bruise that covered her back and side. She had to spend 30 days in rehab after the hospital. We moved her out after only being there only 4 weeks. We also found that not many people had been there over 1 1/2 years. This facilty makes a good first impression, but is only suitable for independent living. The hospital reported Elder abuse and we have contacted health services

caring9545 March 29, 2013

We've visited several facilities around my home and we chose The Grand Court for my mother. It's all lovely there and the rooms are nice. It's an older facility and they're doing a little bit of remodeling. She likes the food and she's not a big eater, so that's a big thing to me. She's very happy there and it's what I like best about this facility. They have Bingo, movies, piano, singing, church services, arts, crafts; you name it and they pretty much have it.

Rico1 June 29, 2012

I always came away from the place feeling a little sad. It seemed the clients were just bored. The staff seemed nice enough, although a little rough at times. The staff also seemed cold to the clients at times. My grandmother really liked the place and that is what was most important to me.

Emmyrose August 01, 2011

This facility has about 150 assisted living residents and 20 memory care residents. They have one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes. The rooms are good-sized. They do all their cooking in the dining room, and there are chefs to cook their food.

The building is three stories and has laundry facilities on every floor.

The facility takes them on outings, and they have activities like cards and exercises. They have barbecues for the residents.

They have balconies for the residents and one courtyard with flowers. There's a formal dining room.

They have a nurse there seven days a week. They have plenty of CNAs on duty every day, including two to three in the memory care facility. The staff is really good with the residents.

They allow small pets in the facility, and they have a pool for the residents to exercise in.

It's carpeted in places with marble and tile floors in other places.

leezee June 13, 2011

Visited this facility

Simple, yet, pleasing to the eye. My mother and I toured this facility as she is reaching an age where she worries about common things. Living alone, she's concerned about reaching me and my two sisters in the event something might happen to her.

Along with several other assisted living facilities, my mother and I toured this one too.

We both liked how as soon as we walked through the main entrance doors, a staff member greeted us. There did seem to be a lot of staff around but I had a hard time noticing other residents.

Perhaps it was the time of day we visited, but the place was very quiet. Which is probably a plus to many people.

Televisions are allowed because all rooms are cable ready but telephones are not. You can have a phone but you need to pay for this service yourself.

The grounds were nice. Quiet. Green grass and some trees, but for the most part seemed very quiet.

I did, however, notice a couple sitting beneath a gazebo, close together, holding hands. It made me sad, but not in a terrible way. They seemed happy with one another.

Staff was intermittent.

From Grand Court Mesa

Grand Court Mesa is the premier senior living community in the Mesa area. Our team of outstanding staff and residents are considered our family at Grand Court. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service and to provide a home-like environment to all of our residents, unmatched by any other community. As you or your loved one requires more assistance, Grand Court allows you to stay in your own apartment and add services as needed; you may remain in the comfort of your home without having to move. We have caregivers in the facility 24 hours a day to provide assistance as needed. We also have a spectacular dining room that provides an excellent dining experience, as well as a gathering place throughout the day where many people choose to socialize. We also offer a great activities program, with something to do for everyone. We want you to be at home at Grand Court and our management team is always receptive to and asking for input on what other activities you would like to have.

Our mission is to provide the highest quality of living and care to our residents. Please come by for a tour to see our amenities and get a feel for your new home. The best time in life is when you can relax and enjoy the life you have earned. The Grand Court has all the amenities to make your best years even better. We would love for you to become a part of the family at The Grand Court!

Features and Amenities include but are not limited to:
  • Restaurant Style Dining
  • On-Site Beauty Salon
  • Church Services

Features of Grand Court Mesa

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,650/month