Brookdale Springs Mesa

6220 East Broadway Road, Mesa, AZ, 85206

Reviews of Brookdale Springs Mesa

James105147850 March 20, 2015

Brookdale Springs Mesa is exactly what I was looking for. The people are service-oriented. They would do extra volume overtime. The only thing that is a disappointment is the food.

Isabelle D. February 17, 2015

My mother was at Brookdale Springs Mesa for a year and half. She just passed away a couple of weeks ago. It was a very good place, and I would highly recommend it. The staff was very good and very helpful. The rooms were great. She had a first floor room, and it faced the swimming pool. It was very nice. She did not attend much on activities because she was 99 years old, but she did a little bit of chair exercise and bingo once in a while.

Caring105075950 February 17, 2015

Brookdale Springs Mesa is very comfortable. The staff and the residents are very nice. I have a living room, a bedroom, and my own bath. The food is good and not so good. I very much like the setup of the dining area. The sanitation is very good. I feel very comfortable. I have quite a few friends here, and I feel safe.

Caring73465250 April 22, 2014

I also toured The Springs of East Mesa. They were OK. It would be my third choice. The lady who gave me a tour was very nice. They had different rooms. They had a small kitchenette and stuff. They had a private dining room and a swimming pool. They had arts and crafts. They had housekeeping services also. They were just things that I don't like. I thought the receptionist should have been more personable.

Caring79088350 February 28, 2014

Our visit at The Springs of East Mesa was very good. The ambience of this facility was very pleasurable. The staff was particularly nice. The food was good. We like the concept of 12-hour restaurant dining situation rather than meals being served just at certain times. We are vegetarians, so that's a big consideration as far as the type of food they have available. Overall, The Springs of East Mesa would probably be our second choice. It was our second choice because their accommodations didn't have a full kitchen and they only had like partial stove.

Ruth23 January 30, 2014

Springs has a good location but it’s a little far out from where I have most of my activities. The people working there are very nice. I’ve talked to Jaime Harel several times and she’s always so helpful. They had very nice rooms around 600 to 650 sq ft and I was looking for one bedrooms.

Mary222 October 14, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. However exterior parts of the building are very poorly maintained. Paint is peeling on all wood surfaces and some of the stucco. Some of the metal guard rails are completely rusted out and that could be hazardous. Bird poop needs to be washed from the outdoor furniture. The Springs surely needs attention to maintenance.

Rose21 October 11, 2013

We did visit the Springs of East Mesa and were impressed with them. They were really good at showing us around and telling us all of the amenities that they have, the things that they do, and the places that they take everybody. It was very good.

Dylan October 10, 2013

The exterior and grounds are in serious need of repair and maintenance. Looks like nothing has been done in a few years. At least two places on the grounds the deterioration is so bad that they have been closed off by caution tape and look like they have been that way for a long time. Staffing has been cut back and many long time employees have been moved out to be replaced by less compensated individuals.

leezee June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

"On pulling up to this facility I couldn't help but think it was like a grand hotel. Immaculate landscaping and a huge entryway.

I was greeted immediately by a bright faced woman at the desk. I noticed people/residents pretty much everywhere. Everyone seemed healthy and able to do pretty much anything on their own.

There is a massive recreation room with couches and television, tables and chairs and even a pool table. There were actually people playing pool when I toured the rec room.

I loved that they had a swimming pool although nobody was using it, but the weather was still in the high 70's so that could have been why.

I noticed people actively coming and going the entire time I was there. Definitely seemed like more of a vacationers hotel than an assisted living facility, which I thought was great!

I spotted staff at nearly every turn. My favorite sight of all was seeing a group of about 10 men gathered around a BBQ area all talking and laughing and joking around. It was fun to eavesdrop on their conversation as they went from politics to the best cuts of meat to grandchildren. Behind them was a small fountain that just set the tone for me.

I was pretty impressed by the Springs, but think a resident has to be pretty active and able to take care of many of their own needs with some assistance.

There's a pretty busy roster of activities too including exercise classes, outings and computer classes which I felt was superb. Of all the facilities I've visited with both my mother and my father-in-law, this was the first one I learned actually taught computer classes, which is so important as many of my family members live in different cities and States and especially with grand kids as they do most of their communicating via email."

From Brookdale Springs Mesa

Brookdale Springs Mesa provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Springs Mesa

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, 24 hour concierge

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL5078