Brookdale Broadway Mesa

7231 E. Broadway, Mesa, AZ, 85208

Promotion ends in 8 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Broadway Mesa

April 17, 2015

By Caring

We visited Brookdale Broadway Mesa. We didn't eat there or anything. We just walked in and looked at the rooms, and the rooms were very nice and clean. It was just like a fancy hotel. The staff was very friendly. The dining room was really nice and fancy. They had like a garden area where you could walk outside, and it was really nice. It just wasn’t a good fit for my parents.

October 25, 2014

By Elizabeth46

I would compare Brookdale Broadway to the one on Baywood. The rooms were nice, and the dining room was great. It is a good facility but just way too big. The residents were playing cards, watching movies, and others were playing some bean bag. The apartments were very nice, and the place was safe and secured enough.

August 28, 2014

By caring9723

Emeritus at Broadway was wonderful. I appreciated this facility overall and the rooms were spacious enough for my mom. The only drawback that I saw was there really was not a kitchenette. There is a little refrigerator and a sink, and I think they bring in a microwave. Granted, you can't cook in there, but it looked like a kitchen that was built thirty years ago and never updated. I just felt that the kitchen should look a lot better than it did. The one they had available looked better because a doctor had rented the apartment and added something to it to make it look better. That was the only drawback. I just felt like the kitchen area should have had a higher quality finish for what she has to pay every month to live there. I think it was a wonderful facility with wonderful people. The apartment was great; it had a really spacious bedroom. The staff was wonderful and I have no complaints about them at all. It is very close to the hospital, actually -- it's only five minutes away, so it is a great location. It is also five minutes away from the interstate. They've got a pretty wide variety of things to do and they do have a pretty busy calendar of activities. You could tell that they really care about the people who live there.

August 28, 2014

I moved my mother to Emeritus at Broadway. The big reason why we chose this one was because I like the living space. I also like the fact that the dining room was open 7 am to 7 pm and you can order whatever you want. It is a nice, clean place. I'm very happy with it. My experience with them has been good. The rooms are nice. I think it is laid out well. The food is good. They do daily activities with all of the residents. They have trivia, they do bus trips, they play cards, and they have a casino night.

August 27, 2014

By Scott19

It was a nice visit. Merrill Gardens just didn't have the amenities. The carpeting was very low quality, and they were smaller rooms. More like a hotel room is what it is.

August 08, 2014

By unpleased

I notice many of the reviews on here, are from people who just toured the facility, or it was written when the facility was still Merrill Gardens. The first impression of this place was wonderful! Kelly, who took us on the tour and ate with us, was very nice and kind. We moved my father in, and it has been a nightmare. I have been dealing with problems on a weekly basis for the last two months! There was a billing problem of $4,000, and it took over a month to get resolved! I had to call the main office in Seattle, who I will say, were very helpful. The billing woman at the local place was very rude and unhelpful! The meds have been a complete mess since day one. I thought it was the VA office's fault, but that is not the case. There is no RN here, only an LPN, and the pills were let to run out 3 times! The staff has not returned calls, and they have not told the truth about several things! That being said, the food is good, and the place is clean, but so not worth the headaches! I never had these problems with the last place that he lived for four years. I would not recommend this place to anyone, It is all smoke and mirrors!

June 26, 2014

Emeritus at Broadway is a nice facility. The rooms were nice, and the people we talked to were nice also. They covered everything that we were interested in. When we went there, I saw a group that I think was going on an outing. Their dining room is very nice, but I was not able to eat there.

May 29, 2014

By Denny3

I was very impressed with Emeritus. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. One lady guided us through the facility. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. It was like a cafeteria; they had a menu, and we got some stuff off of it. They had a library. They had a video rental place. It was near a major hospital, which I thought was nice.

March 26, 2014

By Jean37

I like Emeritus at Broadway very much. Their atmosphere is very comfortable. The staff were very nice and attentive. They were very willing to answer all my questions. Their rooms were the best I have seen as far as their one bedroom apartment. I also like the way it was laid out. Their dining room was very nice and they also offer very nice menu. I saw their food and it looked fine.

January 30, 2014

By Ruth23

Emeritus was very nice with nice people. I’ve looked at one-bedrooms and they’re very accessible to the dining room and the activities. Their activities are similar with the others, they go out on little tours and they take you to the grocery stores and church. They have busses that they take people on trips and things. I just think that it’s a good deal for older people.

November 16, 2012

By KenW

We like Merrill Gardens at Mesa lot. It's a very nice facility. Everything is fine. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The only thing that my mom complained about was the food. It's inconsistent. Sometimes it's really good but sometimes it's not good at all.

June 27, 2012

By JohnDillon

Compared to some of the other facilities I have been in, this home is fairly good. The staff seems about on par with most facilities, and the facility is nicely decorated. There is a game room where the residents often play board games, pool and Nintendo Wii. They have a restaurant that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner with a small menu selection for each meal. Front desk people seem about average compared with other facilities. The best thing about this facility is the cleanliness. The rooms are cleaned multiple times a week and the place has no lingering odor. They appear to staff at least 1 RN on staff at all times, which I think is a requirement. I would recommend this place to anyone, though, it is not the best facility it is far from the worst.

May 15, 2012

By Alfred Westfall

My wife has been a resident in the Garden House at Merrill Gardens at Mesa for six weeks now. I have spent a lot of time with her there. The place is first class in all respects & the people are just great. What more can I say? I reccomend it.

August 12, 2011

By Emmyrose

This facility has one- and two-bedroom apartments and studios with kitchenettes. They have a library and a theater room. The building is two stories. They have 95 residents. They provide their own transportation for the residents. They have their cook in their dining room, and they serve three meals per day. They also do the made-to-order food. They have soups. They have an activities director, and they do arts and crafts. They have a hairdresser with a salon. The place is beautiful. The staff is really nice. I like everything about the place.

Photos of Brookdale Broadway Mesa

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• State Licenses: AL8289

About Brookdale Broadway Mesa

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Broadway Mesa