Brookdale Baywood

310 S 63rd St, Mesa, AZ, 85206

Reviews of Brookdale Baywood

A happy customer1 November 11, 2015

We went to Brookdale Baywood, but it was still under renovation at the time we went. We had a very short time frame to move my husband into memory care, and he has since passed. It’s a beautiful building, and the residents seemed to enjoy it.

Dean10 October 31, 2015

The decorations at Brookdale Baywood were a little outdated, but they were in the process of updating. I saw that they have a game room with pool tables, and that was nice. They also have a library.

Anonymous105328350 October 28, 2015

Brookdale Baywood was the best. I thought the facility was kind of small in general; otherwise the staff was very nice, though. It was just a small facility. I think the staff seemed very helpful.

Mark114099950 October 28, 2015

I went to see Brookdale Baywood for my mom there. The place seemed extremely nice. The people were very knowledgeable. It was one of the three places we were considering placing my mom. They have a very nice eating facility, where everything was done pretty much in the restaurant style. They have a very nice garden. Basically, it is square with a garden in the middle. The place that we looked at was looking out over the garden, which was very nice. There were cards, books, and there was a guy playing the piano ? all very nice. The staff said that my mom could use the Mesa Springs Pool in an attempt to do some water therapy; they could arrange that. They were very nice about everything.

Kenny3 September 07, 2015

My dad is doing very well in the memory care unit of Brookdale Baywood (Formerly Emeritus at Baywood). They keep his room clean. It is nice and very comfortable. The meals are very well prepared, and they look good to me. The staff has always been very courteous and supportive. We are very pleased with the facility. I think sanitation has been the best. He is not depressed, and he is getting better quality of care in this facility. Everything has been positive. I have no complaints.

Caring110761750 July 20, 2015

I had lunch with a staff at Brookdale Baywood. She was very pleasant, and we had a nice lunch there. The facility was very nice, and she was telling me of some of the things that they were going to change like the floor coverings. The only thing that would have bothered me about it was that since I'm a person who likes to go outdoors once in a while, they did have the compulsory bench by the front door, but other than that, there's not very much to entice someone out to the fresh air. It was kind of a disappointment to me.

Well, the facility was very nicely done, and the furnishings were appropriate. I thought it was very pleasant. It was also very expensive, more than some others that I have just inquired about but did not go visit. The facility was very nice though. It looked smaller than it apparently was because the staff told me how many people were there, and I was quite amazed – it didn't look like the facility wouldn't be able to handle that many. They did have independent living, assisted living, and memory care patients.

Marilyn45 May 22, 2015

I did visit one of the assisted living places. It was the Brookdale Baywood (Emeritus at Baywood). I did visit there because I wanted to familiarize myself with what the facilities were like and what kind of care my mom would receive if and when we think it is necessary for her to be placed in one of these, and that visit was very good. I don't know if I can even remember the gentleman's name that managed it, but he was very professional and gave us a very nice tour of the facility and information and everything. At least I know that there is a place out there should my mother reach the point where she can't be by herself anymore that is available.

We weren't there that long, but the facility seemed to be fairly nice and well-cared for. They were trying to do some upgrades in there, and I think that was good. We did get to visit one of the resident apartments, which I thought was very nice. It really did seem to be a well-run facility. We did not eat there, but he did show us their menu and everything, and I thought that it was certainly adequate.

They even were going to offer a small kitchen area where residents that were really into cooking could go there as a group and just do little cooking things, which I thought was pretty impressive considering my mother is a baker herself, so she would love something like that. Just by the calendar they showed us, it sure seemed that they have a lot of activities for the residents, and there is something different for everybody.

Norman7 February 11, 2015

Brookdale Baywood is a very clean facility, and the staff are very attentive except to a point that I had a lady friend I was visiting who was 90 years old, and they would wake her up at 5:00 in the morning just to give her medication, but she likes it there, and she is very happy. She likes the plays and sing-alongs. The staff were very confident and very caring. We came in late for lunchtime, and they took the time to fix our sandwich and some hot tea.

Karen99033450 December 28, 2014

My friend -- Gloria -- is really pleased with Emeritus Baywood. The staff is wonderful, so I think she's really learning that this is a great place for her. It's a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind living there. They have a lot of courtyard areas with lots of greenery, and the building itself is pretty with lots of arches and doorways that just add some more architecture to it. I was really impressed with it, and the food is good too. I definitely will recommend this community.They're allowed to go to doctor's appointments three times a week. The other days, they have trips to Walmart, to Dairy Queen, or to a shopping mall. It's the way to get people moving around and get them out and also a chance for them to get their need. Gloria was in a wheelchair until about two weeks ago, and now she's on a walker so she can get around better. When I started looking into this community, I met Kim. She might be the intake coordinator. She helped me so much. She helped me right and left. I couldn't have asked for more help. I was really impressed.

Elizabeth46 October 25, 2014

The staff was good at Brookdale Baywood, the rooms were very nice, and their apartments were all one bedroom with a mini kitchen and walk-in showers. The dining room looks very good. I didn’t eat the food, but it all looked good. It wasn’t going to meet my needs because it was way too big.

Nancy86003350 June 16, 2014

We found Emeritus very nice. The facility is beautiful and the food is very good. They have a menu every night where they give the residents 4 or 5 different choices to choose from, and then they have desserts. Everything about it we really liked.

She has a nice room. It has a bathroom with a nice shower that she can walk into, and she can sit down in the shower. The room is just one room with a bed and a TV. It has a nice-sized closet with a big window, so it’s very light and sunny with air conditioning. When you walk in, it’s tiled and then they have carpet in the living-room part of it. The grounds are beautiful. My mom has her dog, and she can take the dog out and be with him on the grass. Upstairs on her floor, they have a covered patio where she can go out and sit and it has a fence around it.

They have all kinds of activities. They have bingo, and they have times when they take them to Wal-Mart. They’ll take them in a bus that they sign up for if they want to go. They have exercise everyday for them. They celebrate whoever’s birthday is in that month. When I walked into this place, it was just wonderful. It was like going to a Marriott hotel.

Henry1970 May 16, 2014

My mother is a resident at this facility and I am not happy with the management of this facility. There has been a lot of turnover in the short time she has been there. They also seem to care more about money that about residents' well being...

Caring69553650 January 24, 2014

I am very happy with the Emeritus at Baywood and my mother is also very happy with it. I really like their dining room. The people seem very kind and caring. There are good activities for my mother and she likes her room. Her room is spacious, and the entire place is not like closed-in. They have beautiful green areas.

Caring72798350 October 28, 2013

We found a place for one of my parents. She is in Emeritus right now. We chose this place because it is close to where she used to live and where her sister lives. Her sister can go and visit her there. She has only been there for a couple of weeks. As of right now, that's a pretty good place for her. The staff is very friendly and kind.

Annie4820 February 16, 2013

my father has been a resident. We are very very unhappy with the care he has received in the memory care unit. We are going to move him. No bathing disrespectful of him. Missing blankets and shoes. All for 5000$ a year. Very poor awful

We are sorry you feel your father is not receiving the care he deserves. At Baywood, we are in constant communication with the families of our residents and we have never heard any complaints about the care we provide.

You’ll see by the other reviews on this page, that we take pride in our community, staff, and the care and services we offer. Our staff works every day to improve and enhance the lives of our residents and do so with great skill and compassion. Our residents tell us every day how appreciative they are of the care and attention they receive from our staff.

Please know that we are always looking for ways to improve and strengthen our resident care, teamwork, and business practices. If you feel we are not meeting your expectations of care, we would like to hear from you. We have several avenues for expressing your concerns, which include speaking with the staff at the community directly. If you would prefer a more anonymous way of expressing your concerns, we have our Ethics First program, which is a way for you to share your valuable feedback with us, openly and confidentially at http://www.emeritus.com/ethics. We look forward to hearing from you.

mmaui3 October 05, 2012

I thought the facility as a whole was very nice. The staff was curtous and caring the amenities were very nice and the place in general was very put togeteher. I dont have any negative things to say about this facility maybe because I was only there a handful of times or maybe because they are really put together. In cinclusion I felt very comfortable there and I know my grandmas friend was to.

solstice1 January 26, 2012

Very friendly employees, they contribute to making Baywood a nice place to live.

Emmyrose August 01, 2011

They have 120 residents at this facility. They offer assisted living and memory care.

The apartments are good-sized and have large bedrooms. The apartments have kitchenettes, not full kitchens "“ the facility provides the meals. The residents can bring their meals back to their room if they'd like.

It has a courtyard that's screened in with an aviary so the residents can sit outside with the birds.

Most of the doctors come in, and they have nurses. I think they have three assistants on the memory care side.

They bring the residents out to the dining room, and the food looks pretty good.

They have a bus, and they take the residents out to movies and restaurants and different things.

They have a room with a Wii and an air-hockey table. They have a men's club for the men.

All in all, I'd say they're a good five stars, and the people seem to be really, really nice.

From Brookdale Baywood

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Baywood