Brookdale Newell Creek

7900 Center Street, Mentor, OH, 44060

Reviews of Brookdale Newell Creek

B Guthrie January 11, 2015

My experience with Emeritus at Newel Creek has been overwhelming positive since my Dad entered in September of 2014. His transition from living alone in his house, to assisted living, and eventually to the Memory care unit, was guided by the hard working, caring staff to aided his transitions and make him feel at home. As his situation continues to change, the staff has and continues to work hard to make him feel at home and comfortable. As I visit nearly every day with my Dad to have coffee together, I see the staff working not only with my Father, but also the other residents in a very caring, positive manor. They also provide many activities both on and off site for the residents to participate in. I would (and have) highly recommend Emeritus at Newel Creek, to those who are seeking assisted living or memory care for their loved ones.

Dorothy103806450 January 04, 2015

It is a beautiful site. I wish that I could afford the single home. They have single homes surrounding it, and they had a rise but I wish I could afford a single home. In the dining area; the tables have table cloths and are set up really nicely. I could see the couples and the single dwelling living.

They have plenty of buses and go on field trips. I talked to some of the residents that were sitting out because it was in the summer, and it was well-kept.

Steve42 September 26, 2014

They had a program where you bought in at a low rate and then they charge you for the various amount of care that you require. It all starts at level one and my mother is not going to be a level one, but for a day or two, because I knew she needed more assistance than that. Even though the Emeritus was a very nice facility, I chose the other one because of what they offer in order to support my mother. It was a very good visit and they were very good in explaining everything, so I rated them very highly for that. I just couldn't determine that they could offer what I was looking for in the way of help for my mother because everything is a step program where you pay an entry fee, and then if you need this many additional ministerial hours they charge you much more, and if you need more hours they charge this much more, and much more for more hours. I couldn't be certain that they would do what I thought was needed for my mother such as going to her room every morning, getting her washed up and dressed, getting her to breakfast, and then putting her in the daily activities. I couldn't be certain it was part of their protocol or their program. You couldn't figure out what your cost was going to be and you couldn't confirm what they were going to do for her. They told me that I was going to start off at level one, for instance, but there are four or five levels you go through, and then based on the time needed to provide support to my mom, I couldn't be certain based on what they tell me where I was going to fall, so that is why I didn't choose them. I would have chosen them because the facility was absolutely gorgeous if they had a program for people that had severe cases of dementia. If they had a specific program for patients in the memory care, I probably would have gone there. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable and the people working there were very friendly.

From Brookdale Newell Creek

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Newell Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared bath suites in memory care
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: 2652R
  • State License(s): #2652R

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Newell Creek