Brookdale Mentor

5700 Emerald Court, Mentor, OH, 44060

Reviews of Brookdale Mentor

December 01, 2014

By Sadfaced

I have a relative living there at the moment and highly agree with one of the August reviews I just read. The aides are not properly trained and there are few of them available. They do not help bathe the resident even though that is part of the care we are paying for. Items are always missing from the laundry and things have disappeared from my relatives room. Narcotics are one thing that was stolen and nothing was done about it. The food is consistently bad and the rent continues to increase. The cleaning is insufficient and complaints get you absolutely no where. The residents rooms do not get cleaned and the bathrooms never seem to get cleaned. I requested the shower be cleaned and all they did was rinse it with water. Very unsanitary. Carpet is rarely vacuumed in the halls and never in the residents rooms. As far as ringing for help the wait is a good 30 minutes. If it was a serious call the resident could die in that time. Highly unsatisfied and would not recommend to anyone.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your experience in greater detail.

August 04, 2014

By seniors1

We are currently in process of locating another facility for our parent. The management at this location seems to be more concerned about the bottom dollar rather than a residents needs and their dignity. Continuously understaffed. Long wait times for assistance (over 30 minutes or more with no response), do not clean residents perineal area well, when at all, leaving them vulnerable to UTI's. Have witnessed aides taking incontinence products from our parent's room to use on other residents, although we pay extra charge monthly for this. Have notified management on numerous occasions. Missing articles of clothing, 8 at last count. Management keeps saying they will search and locate. 3 months later never found and returned. Rooms rarely cleaned and when it is, inadequate to say the least. Have no complaints with activity director. Most nursing staff seems capable. Aides are NOT trained well at all. Management here unresponsive. MANY broken promises. Do not get the care we are paying for. Very disappointed. Look elsewhere.

September 19, 2013

The residents in Emeritus at Mentor appeared to be engaged socially with one another and so I think my parents would benefit from that. The rooms were smaller than what I have expected but they were definitely well kept and nice. Their dining facility appeared fine too.

May 29, 2013

By Fallenrocker

Very clean, like a luxury hotel and the staff seemed very caring and attentive

April 26, 2013

By Mezzokatie

We are SUPER disappointed in not only how the home is cared for but how the residents are cared for. Some of the biggest things we have noticed is the lack of cleanliness of the rooms AND the residents, putting residents to bed before 7pm so the staff has an easier time, and then of course, always raising rates to cover? I would not recommend to anyone who cares about their loved one to put them in the position where the quality of their life is less important than a dollar.

January 24, 2013

By Jjr503

The facility promises many things that it simply does not deliver upon. While it has a nice common area and the food is good there is much, much more to finding the right facility for your loved one. We were told that a caregiver would stop by every hour but whenever we visited it was more like every 2 hours. They were understaffed on holidays and at night from what we saw and response time when we were looking for help. Laundry was lost frequently and the cleanliness of the room was subpar at best. We bought personal supplies for him that employees would take and use for other patients. The final disappointment was when my loved one was in the hospital and I stopped by Emeritus to get some personal effects and I found an employee of the facility asleep in his bed. Do yourself and your loved one a favor and find a different facility.

February 29, 2012

By drbliss

Emeritus assisted living is a very nice place. Very clean, organized and does not have the "death" feel to it. All the staff is very courteous and caring. I have toured the facilities there and would gladly go there in my old age. All the Residences seem very happy and well taken care of. They are encouraged to participate in events and activities to keep their spirits up. I have experienced one bad nurse there that just yells at the residences in a very mean tone and does not seem to care much about her job.

December 13, 2011

By WannaErto

My great aunt was showing early signs of Alzheimer's. My cousin tried to convince her to move in with her but my great aunt wouldn't hear of it. She wanted to maintain as much independence as possible for as long as she could. So we decided that an assisted living facility would be the best option for her. An associate of mine recommeded Emeritus. So I called and asked if my family could take a tour. We were very impressed with what we saw and learned during our visit. Emeritus has a program for those with Alzheimer's. It's called Join Their Journey, and it focuses on the special needs that those with Alzheimer's have. Another important feature was that pets are welcome. My great aunt has a cat that is like a child to her. There is an on site Beauty Salon, Library, and Activities Center. Off-site excursions are also available. They also offer housekeeping and laundry service and restaurant style dining. In addition to all of that the facility was incredibly clean and well kept. And the residents that we came into contact with seemed very happy and well cared for. So we decided to place my great aunt at Emeritus. That was a little over a year ago. She is happy and healthy and loves her apartment.

Photos of Brookdale Mentor

About Brookdale Mentor

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Mentor