Brookdale Mentor

5700 Emerald Court, Mentor, OH, 44060

Reviews of Brookdale Mentor

Fallenrocker May 29, 2013

Very clean, like a luxury hotel and the staff seemed very caring and attentive

Mezzokatie April 26, 2013

We are SUPER disappointed in not only how the home is cared for but how the residents are cared for. Some of the biggest things we have noticed is the lack of cleanliness of the rooms AND the residents, putting residents to bed before 7pm so the staff has an easier time, and then of course, always raising rates to cover? I would not recommend to anyone who cares about their loved one to put them in the position where the quality of their life is less important than a dollar.

Jjr503 January 24, 2013

The facility promises many things that it simply does not deliver upon. While it has a nice common area and the food is good there is much, much more to finding the right facility for your loved one. We were told that a caregiver would stop by every hour but whenever we visited it was more like every 2 hours. They were understaffed on holidays and at night from what we saw and response time when we were looking for help. Laundry was lost frequently and the cleanliness of the room was subpar at best. We bought personal supplies for him that employees would take and use for other patients. The final disappointment was when my loved one was in the hospital and I stopped by Emeritus to get some personal effects and I found an employee of the facility asleep in his bed. Do yourself and your loved one a favor and find a different facility.

drbliss February 29, 2012

Emeritus assisted living is a very nice place. Very clean, organized and does not have the "death" feel to it. All the staff is very courteous and caring. I have toured the facilities there and would gladly go there in my old age. All the Residences seem very happy and well taken care of. They are encouraged to participate in events and activities to keep their spirits up. I have experienced one bad nurse there that just yells at the residences in a very mean tone and does not seem to care much about her job.

WannaErto December 13, 2011

My great aunt was showing early signs of Alzheimer's. My cousin tried to convince her to move in with her but my great aunt wouldn't hear of it. She wanted to maintain as much independence as possible for as long as she could. So we decided that an assisted living facility would be the best option for her. An associate of mine recommeded Emeritus. So I called and asked if my family could take a tour. We were very impressed with what we saw and learned during our visit. Emeritus has a program for those with Alzheimer's. It's called Join Their Journey, and it focuses on the special needs that those with Alzheimer's have. Another important feature was that pets are welcome. My great aunt has a cat that is like a child to her. There is an on site Beauty Salon, Library, and Activities Center. Off-site excursions are also available. They also offer housekeeping and laundry service and restaurant style dining. In addition to all of that the facility was incredibly clean and well kept. And the residents that we came into contact with seemed very happy and well cared for. So we decided to place my great aunt at Emeritus. That was a little over a year ago. She is happy and healthy and loves her apartment.

From Brookdale Mentor

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Mentor