Foxbridge

Reviews of Foxbridge

Overview of Ratings

4.4

October 15, 2013

I liked the way that Foxbridge Assisted Living Community was set up for the individual person that was there. They seemed to have it organized where people who are alike as far as mental capacity were together. Then, they had a lot of activities and it was like a home; it was like a group home. My aunt was comfortable when we left her there. She was meeting people and getting relatively acclimated very well. The staff seemed to really care. Everyone we met knows all the residents, the residents know all the various staff members and all the staff members would call the residents by their names.

March 22, 2013

I would recommend Foxbridge Assisted Living Community because the staff was caring and good. And they were compassionate towards the residents. The rooms were also large and spacious.

September 05, 2012

By Mamiegirl

When my father needed a higher level of care for complications of Alzheimer's disease we went to a facility near our home and asked if they could handle Alzheimer's victims. It was clear early on they were not prepared for the level of care he needed and we found Fox Acres (now Foxbridge). On the front end, Fox Acres techniques were harsh and uncaring: 1. Upon admission we could not see Daddy for 30 days. 2. We had to start calling him Jack not Daddy, Grandaddy, etc. 3. Taking him from the facility for lunch, home visits was discouraged. On the back end of the experience Fox Acres was 100% correct. 1. Getting Daddy familiar with his surroundings and establishing a bond with the staff and folks who lived in the other "cottages" was essential. That 30 days helped him to adjust to his new routine. 2. Calling him Jack was hard on the family, but it put him at ease and did not confuse him as to whom you were referring. 3. Routine, routine, routine was critical for Daddy to not become agitated. Against the advice of the staff we took him home one Christmas. It was awful. Seeing him so agitated and confused was heartbreaking. We went to Fox Acres from that point on for all family functions and everyone (other residents and staff) celebrated with us. There comes a time when you have to do what is best for the victim not yourself. Getting specialized care for your loved one is not "putting them away". Until another has walked in the shoes of an Alzheimer's caregiver they have no idea what it means, what it takes and the feeling of defeat that you have when you realize you cannot give the person you love so much what they need. Getting proper care for a victim of Alzheimer's is critical. I say victim because it is the deadliest most vicious disease I have ever experienced. God bless those who are on this journey in any capacity. My prayer is that should you get to the point that you need a higher level of care than you can provide, you find a Fox Acres for your loved one.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Features of Foxbridge

About Foxbridge

Foxbridge is an assisted living facility in Memphis, TN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Foxbridge for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Foxbridge