Brookdale Memphis

6015 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, TN, 38119

Reviews of Brookdale Memphis

Michael93595750 October 17, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus at Memphis. It's a very nice facility, and the staff are very nice too. I spoke with the manager there and they gave us a tour. The place is clean and nice. They have a bus that takes the residents to places. We saw some rooms. Some of them have hospital beds and some were just like normal apartments, but none of them have a stove. They have essentially just a microwave, and they have plenty of counter space. I really don’t have anything bad to say about this place.

Kim84860850 September 09, 2014

Emeritus was real nice. They seem to be safe, the rooms were real nice, and the staff was friendly. The dining room was nice. There were a few people eating, and the other ladies were waiting and playing Bingo.

Doris14 August 11, 2014

Emeritus at Memphis was very nice, too. It is one of my two choices and it is closer to my daughter. The facility was nice and the dining hall was nice; everything was nice. The rooms were new and beautifully done.

Caring78591950 February 28, 2014

We did find a right place for mom and she is now at Emeritus at Memphis. Currently, it is just working out fine for her. We chose this place because it's close to my house, their rooms are spacious, and my mom could afford its price. I was able to eat there and most of the time the food is good. They do have activities and the residents there seemed to be very active. They have quite a few church groups come in and they do programs. They have a really nice little Valentine banquet for the people. They take them to shopping regularly and took them out to see Christmas lights over the holidays. They offer lots of nice little things. The staff all seemed friendly and if I had any concerns or anything, they address them very promptly. Overall, I think they do a good job.

NotaHappyCamper September 24, 2013

I pulled my mother out of this facility. Very poorly run. Manager avoids you if you have legitimate questions. He is all talk, no do. Excuses run rampant. We loved the room and the location, but they were constantly understaffed. Food was passable, barely. The best thing about this place is Wanda who does the entertainment, and their dining room area which is well lit and very inviting. Doors are locked early at night, though, and nobody can be found. With three floors, try figuring out where the attendants are and good luck finding one. Many of them very unfriendly to residents.

Cristina1 April 26, 2013

We've had some problems since my mom moved in at Rose Terrace. But I think we're getting it straightened out. She's in a wheelchair. She's paralyzed from polio since she was three years old, so she needs a little extra help. And it seems we've had some problems getting that done. She moved in last February. So she hasn't been in there too long, and things would get lost. The caregivers too could be a little friendlier towards the residents, but we're working on that. I have seen a few changes. And hopefully, we'll see more. If not, we will be looking again.

The rooms are very nice and spacious. She's in a studio apartment, but almost like two rooms. She does complain about the food, but really it's not bad at all. They do all kinds of activities and go on lots of outings. I think it's pretty good if the caregivers would give a little more personal care. Not just caring for them as a job, but caring for them as people.

Wygdwicfy May 03, 2012

I visited this facility several times on account of having a desperately ill friend that was forced to live in an assisted living situation. The staff was relatively friendly, but they had a very very doctorish vibe about them. I guess this is to be reasonably expected, but they seemed to exhibit more of this quality than other assisted living facilities I have been in. The facility itself was very lavish and the decorations and amenities inside were rather ornate. It felt like being on the inside of a federal building; though perhaps cozier as there was very ample furniture, and even an antique piano. The accommodations made for each room were adequate, but still maintained a bit too much of a hospital like feel for my personal taste. I believe assisted living should be as emulative of the residents own home as possible, to provide for the comfort and overall sanity of said resident, and I just wasnt confident that this particular facility provided for that need. All in all, the facility is adequate, but I would be reluctant to call it anything beyond that.

From Brookdale Memphis

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Memphis