Brookdale Eau Gallie

2680 Croton Road, Melbourne, FL, 32935

Reviews of Brookdale Eau Gallie

Average Rating:
LovelyLady21 November 29, 2014

I’ve been to Southland Suites. I wasn’t very impressed with it. They cared, but there was nothing that was strikingly outrageous about them. They were there for the people, but the staff came and went. They couldn’t keep anybody working there for any length of time. The staff seemed to be happy, but they were not really enthused about what they were doing. The residents seemed to be glad to be in a clean environment.

The rooms were adequate. They have enough for 2 people in a room. They had a couple of single beds and a couple of single rooms. The residents kept the floors in their rooms and the outside floors spotless; it was very clean. The dining room was small, but adequate for what they had there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

Hasta la vista baby!!! July 24, 2014

I was a resident at Southland Suites for 2 years and enjoyed each and every minute! The staff are all friendly and I made some good friends there. The activities are wonderful and I was rarely bored. It is DEFENITELY one of the very best in the area. The grounds are beautiful and watching the golfers from the immense second floor porch was wonderful.

Alexandra2 May 22, 2013

My mother just moved into Southland Suites. My mother doesn't want to be there. She wants to be at home. But I guess she's adjusting. The rooms there are bigger than most other facilities. But the place looks a little dated and they could modernize it a little bit.

Kimberlie March 08, 2013

My mom is in the first stages of dementia and is in Southland Suites. They were able to accommodate my mom's needs. She's been involved with different activities. They make cookies, they do exercise programs, and she has gone out on a couple of field trips to parks and landscapes. They watch her and make sure she's okay, but she can go out and do other things. It gives her the independence that she needs right now. The more independence I give her the more her mind is working.

ferios2183 November 28, 2012

The facility was very clean and up to date. The staff seemed to be very helpful and attentive. The current residence also seemed to be in high spirits. The facility definitely has a Florida feel to it, which might not be inline with everyone's taste. The facility includes a barber shop, laundry, library, rec room, and even a spa.

peppergoose September 11, 2012

Overall, I'd say this this is one of the better facilities in Melbourne. I've visited most of the other assisted living facilities within 25 miles, and Southland Suites offered not only the best price, but the best overall atmosphere. It's situated on a great location-- right next to a golf course, a school, a bank and a fire station. The Lake Washington area is one of the better areas in Melbourne, so this definitely lends to Southland's favor. The staff is very friendly as well. I would rate their staff as literally being the most amiable and hospitable in the county. This is of course due to the fact that the management is also beyond professional. I finally decided that Southland Suites would be the place where I would board my loved one! This ended up being a wonderful choice for us all. I hope that you make the same decision.

Johnny51 July 30, 2012

Well at first I had reservtions of assisted living facilities, but when I toured the place with my family and talked to the staff I was instantly at ease. The were kind and courteous. They immediately took us on a tour when we arrived, answered any questions we had concerning the living areas, kitchen, and what kind of activities were available. The rooms were clean. In fact, everything was very clean and well kept. The residents of the facility seemed to be in good spirits and were quite eager to meet my dad and talk with him. Unfortunately we did not get there during a time when they were serving meals because I was eager to try it and also for my dad to try it and see if it is something he would enjoy. The only downside to this facility, in my opinion, is the fact it is near a golf course, a major road, and a fire station. All of which can be quite disturbing sometimes to folks who need their rest.

Nolem0 March 15, 2012

I visted this facility and was given a tour. My impressions were mostly positive. Staff seemed friendly, but it would be interesting to see how day-to-day life goes as a resident. So, I did ask a couple of the residents what they think of the staff, and their responses were mostly positive, that most staff are courteous and easy to get along with.

Activites seemed varied, there are recreation areas available and events for the retirement community were offered. Everyone seemed to get along fairly well, during my visit I did not view any interaction I would deem unpleasant.

My main criticism would be, viewing the activities roster, that the events could use a little more variety. Spice of life and all that.

Overall positive impressions of this provider!

Campinas87 October 20, 2011

The facility has a pretty entrance and convenient parking. You can drive up to the door and drop off your relative by the entrance. It looks like a hotel entrance. As you walk in you are greeting by friendly faces, often times multiple. They are constantly busy, yet were willing to answer my questions. The facility is beautifully decorated with flowers and the community balcony oversees a large Florida-flat field resembling a golf course. There are community areas such as a television room and a games room. There is a pretty lake and some of the rooms face it. My grandma was in a "individual" suite, which meant she was functioning well and could stay on her own apartment-like building. She said she enjoyed the food and the company, yet she disliked some of the other members that reside there. She said she got along well with the staff except a few grumpy ones. This Senior living place is also in a area where you can reach the beach in about 5-10 minutes, and there is transportation offered to local churches if desired. My grandma knew her neighbors including all the gossip. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that some of the residents do date each other, and they attend dances and community events.

From Brookdale Eau Gallie

Brookdale Eau Gallie provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Eau Gallie