NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Eau Gallie

Brookdale Eau Gallie provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Brookdale Eau Gallie

Posted by Caring106861150 June 18, 2015

We choose Brookdale Eau Gallie for my mother because of the amenities and its proximity to my home. The staff is excellent. The rooms are reasonable and fairly priced. She is happy there.

They have lots of activities. They take them to doctor's appointments on certain days. They take them to the grocery stores. They have ice cream socials, parties, PT, OT, and arts & crafts. The nurses are great. The director is terrific. I will recommend it. I thought it would take her a long to time to be adjusted, but she has in just about three weeks.

Posted by Caring105922450 February 12, 2015
3.0

Southland Suites just didn't seem like a good fit with my dad. The staff seemed very nice. They were just doing their job, and it didn't strike me as one way or the other. The room we saw was OK; it wasn't very exciting. But it would have been OK although it wasn't very bright. The dining room was beautiful and nice. It overlooked the golf course, and it was really pretty.

Posted by Peg4 January 13, 2015

I've moved my mom in Brookdale. It is Southland Suites. The apartments are large. She has a one-bedroom and connected bathroom. It is quite spacious. It has very nice décor. However, you do have to furnish your own furniture with the exception of wardrobes, refrigerator, and microwave. I'm actually very pleased with the level of care, particularly the staff's concern for the residents. They're very professional, but they're very caring towards the residents. They treat you like a family member. The facility doesn't have a pool or a spa, but it does have a gym. They have physical therapy on the premises. They have a doctor, an occupational therapist, and a speech therapist on premises. They have many activities for the residents, which I'm very pleased about. With regards to security, you have to buzz to be let in and out. I do like the fact that there is always assistance available 24/7, and they are very good about responding. The food is good. They have options. If they don't like something, they have one to two other options. The dining facility is very nice. The other thing that I really like about this place is that there are a lot of common areas and people congregate. The residents get together and socialize, and there is a good dichotomy between people who are in need of a lot of assistance and people who need virtually no assistance.

Posted by LovelyLady21 November 29, 2014
3.0

I’ve been to Southland Suites. I wasn’t very impressed with it. They cared, but there was nothing that was strikingly outrageous about them. They were there for the people, but the staff came and went. They couldn’t keep anybody working there for any length of time. The staff seemed to be happy, but they were not really enthused about what they were doing. The residents seemed to be glad to be in a clean environment.

The rooms were adequate. They have enough for 2 people in a room. They had a couple of single beds and a couple of single rooms. The residents kept the floors in their rooms and the outside floors spotless; it was very clean. The dining room was small, but adequate for what they had there.

Posted by Hasta la vista baby!!! July 24, 2014

I was a resident at Southland Suites for 2 years and enjoyed each and every minute! The staff are all friendly and I made some good friends there. The activities are wonderful and I was rarely bored. It is DEFENITELY one of the very best in the area. The grounds are beautiful and watching the golfers from the immense second floor porch was wonderful.

Posted by Alexandra2 May 22, 2013
3.0

My mother just moved into Southland Suites. My mother doesn't want to be there. She wants to be at home. But I guess she's adjusting. The rooms there are bigger than most other facilities. But the place looks a little dated and they could modernize it a little bit.

Posted by Kimberlie March 08, 2013

My mom is in the first stages of dementia and is in Southland Suites. They were able to accommodate my mom's needs. She's been involved with different activities. They make cookies, they do exercise programs, and she has gone out on a couple of field trips to parks and landscapes. They watch her and make sure she's okay, but she can go out and do other things. It gives her the independence that she needs right now. The more independence I give her the more her mind is working.

Posted by ferios2183 November 28, 2012
4.0

The facility was very clean and up to date. The staff seemed to be very helpful and attentive. The current residence also seemed to be in high spirits. The facility definitely has a Florida feel to it, which might not be inline with everyone's taste. The facility includes a barber shop, laundry, library, rec room, and even a spa.

Posted by peppergoose September 11, 2012
4.0

Overall, I'd say this this is one of the better facilities in Melbourne. I've visited most of the other assisted living facilities within 25 miles, and Southland Suites offered not only the best price, but the best overall atmosphere. It's situated on a great location-- right next to a golf course, a school, a bank and a fire station. The Lake Washington area is one of the better areas in Melbourne, so this definitely lends to Southland's favor. The staff is very friendly as well. I would rate their staff as literally being the most amiable and hospitable in the county. This is of course due to the fact that the management is also beyond professional. I finally decided that Southland Suites would be the place where I would board my loved one! This ended up being a wonderful choice for us all. I hope that you make the same decision.

Posted by Johnny51 July 30, 2012
4.0

Well at first I had reservtions of assisted living facilities, but when I toured the place with my family and talked to the staff I was instantly at ease. The were kind and courteous. They immediately took us on a tour when we arrived, answered any questions we had concerning the living areas, kitchen, and what kind of activities were available. The rooms were clean. In fact, everything was very clean and well kept. The residents of the facility seemed to be in good spirits and were quite eager to meet my dad and talk with him. Unfortunately we did not get there during a time when they were serving meals because I was eager to try it and also for my dad to try it and see if it is something he would enjoy. The only downside to this facility, in my opinion, is the fact it is near a golf course, a major road, and a fire station. All of which can be quite disturbing sometimes to folks who need their rest.

Posted by Nolem0 March 15, 2012
3.0

I visted this facility and was given a tour. My impressions were mostly positive. Staff seemed friendly, but it would be interesting to see how day-to-day life goes as a resident. So, I did ask a couple of the residents what they think of the staff, and their responses were mostly positive, that most staff are courteous and easy to get along with.

Activites seemed varied, there are recreation areas available and events for the retirement community were offered. Everyone seemed to get along fairly well, during my visit I did not view any interaction I would deem unpleasant.

My main criticism would be, viewing the activities roster, that the events could use a little more variety. Spice of life and all that.

Overall positive impressions of this provider!

Posted by Campinas87 October 20, 2011
3.0

The facility has a pretty entrance and convenient parking. You can drive up to the door and drop off your relative by the entrance. It looks like a hotel entrance. As you walk in you are greeting by friendly faces, often times multiple. They are constantly busy, yet were willing to answer my questions. The facility is beautifully decorated with flowers and the community balcony oversees a large Florida-flat field resembling a golf course. There are community areas such as a television room and a games room. There is a pretty lake and some of the rooms face it. My grandma was in a "individual" suite, which meant she was functioning well and could stay on her own apartment-like building. She said she enjoyed the food and the company, yet she disliked some of the other members that reside there. She said she got along well with the staff except a few grumpy ones. This Senior living place is also in a area where you can reach the beach in about 5-10 minutes, and there is transportation offered to local churches if desired. My grandma knew her neighbors including all the gossip. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that some of the residents do date each other, and they attend dances and community events.

Location of Brookdale Eau Gallie

Features of Brookdale Eau Gallie

• Spanish

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.