Elmcroft of Medina

1046 North Jefferson Street, Medina, OH, 44256

Reviews of Elmcroft of Medina

Gina205284 September 02, 2016

Elmcroft of Medina was very nice, and I liked it. The apartments seemed a little more modern. The director was really helpful. Professionalism was really great. Both the dining room and the activities that they had were really nice. They kept people busy. They had a salon, a courtyard, and a room in which they did activities.

itsmeee January 23, 2016

This place is a joke. They don't care about anything but money. This is a assisted living not a nursing home. I feel bad for the workers breaking there backs trying to left residents out of the chairs. The food is NASTY!

Micheal1 September 14, 2013

The Elmcroft of Medina was all in one floor so there were no stairs or elevators for my dad to use and I liked that. They showed us a calendar of different activities through the month. The dining space was nice and comfortable to eat at.

John45 June 25, 2013

We've actually placed our aunt into an assisted living facility. The facility seems to be adequate. It met our basic needs and her basic needs. We're kind of constrained by monetary requirement, but their pricing is not average and the reason it's not average is because most every other facility we interviewed required us three years of assets for admission and so that was one of the key factors and why we took Elmcroft. Their care is on par with the average, so in order words I think it's a very good value.

ColetteS November 21, 2012

My 90 year old mother-in-law has been at Elmcroft of medina Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Center this year and I cant say enough good things about this facility or the people who work thee. It is a first class assisted living facility that employs strong, smart, dedicated people who understand memory-related issues of the elderly and treat all residents with respect and kindness. I highly recommend Elmcroft.

LM778 July 03, 2012

Excellent experienced staff

Cathy4 June 21, 2012

We preferred this facility over the others because its beautiful and centrally located. There are numerous assisted living and independent facilities around this area, shopping malls and other establishments. In addition, they also negotiated the price with us. The rooms are nice. It doesn’t have a kitchen but it has a living room and a bedroom in one and a bath. The staff is providing adequate service to my loved one and it satisfies me. The food is adequate; the residents seem to like it. I believe they offer several activities for their residents. For instance, they organize shopping trips and animal interaction. They bring in pets for the residents to see. However, this place could add more outside places like sitting areas to level up.

Kaye726 July 27, 2011

I have been using Elmcroft of Medina for about three years to help with the care of my husband, who has had Alzheimers for approx. ten years. I use both the day care at Elmcroft and the respite care. From the time I call to make the reservation I feel welcomed. They greet us upon arrival with open arms and make him feel at home in their Heartland Village area. He has done activities with them, eaten and slept there, and although he is not a permanent resident he is treated as though he is, and included in whatever the residents are doing. I would not hesitate to recomment Elcroft of Medina to anyone.

From Elmcroft of Medina

Elmcroft of Medina is located one mile north of Medina, Ohio's historic and picturesque public square. Within walking distance of Elmcroft, Medina Square offers unique shops and fine restaurants, surrounded by restored Victorian architecture. Medina's Reagan Park is also nearby, offering residents the opportunity to enjoy nature's beauty.

Accommodations and Services

Elmcroft of Medina Ohio is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Medina has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Medina features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Medina is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Medina is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Medina, Ohio community.

Elmcroft of Medina is a vibrant home to residents and staff. We truly enrich each others lives. The first level of care is included in the starting rate.

Features of Elmcroft of Medina