Brookdale Medina South

100 High Point Drive, Medina, OH, 44256

Reviews of Brookdale Medina South

Debbie84682450 May 30, 2014

We were looking for a facility for my father-in-law, and we looked at Emeritus at Medina. The staff were very friendly, and they answered all our questions. They were also very understanding with his condition and very open to offer us all the services and care that he would need. It's definitely a place that we would be absolutely considering, 100%. I know that they cook according to the diet that each patient needs, and that is good to know because he is a diabetic. They had different things going on all week long that he could participate in and still be active and not feel left out. The grounds just need a little upgrading, since it's an older facility.

L.mall February 24, 2014

I just like the layout of Emeritus at Medina. The staff who toured me around the facility was very friendly and very knowledgeable. I like the way I see them take care of their patients. The rooms were nice and clean, but I think I would like something bigger. I also like it because it's all in one level. I want to stay in this facility if I can.

Joyce24 October 30, 2013

I loved Emeritus. It was wonderful. The staff was great and everyone was friendly. They took their time and showed me around. They also showed me model room.

Micheal1 September 16, 2013

My dad knew somebody from Emeritus at Medina and he liked it there. Everything seemed top class and the location was close to the other relatives so they could see him. The staff were friendly and the services seemed to be what we were looking for. The meals they served were basically good and were right in portions. My dad liked everything about it and I would recommend this to others.

CaringJec September 11, 2013

My husband is now at Emeritus at Medina. I had contacted them a number of times and when the time came, they were right there. They had a room on sale at the time. They produced it by $1800 and I jumped on it. We're renting a two-room apartment.

The facility is a pretty nice place. They provide visiting doctors. The staff is excellent. Resident activities include bingo and crafts and other typical ones.

Ed8 July 12, 2013

There's two of them in Medina under that chain. It's an assisted living but they do have dementia care unit. The other one I was going to visit but I just never got to it after I visited the one I was happy with. I went out and talk to them and got prices. They seemed like a very nice place. I just visited it one day and I would have to tell somebody to look at it. I don't know that much about it but it looked very nice and I like the way even better than nursing home where we can go eat with people and they have a little private room that they offer for that.

CRP1 February 11, 2013

Emeritus is a wonderful place. It's very nice but they're not setup to handle someone like my husband. He was there for a month, and then one night the staff freaked out and just couldn't deal with him. All the other patients in the memory care unit were quiet, so I don't know what set him off.

navymominohio November 19, 2011

Very nice, airy and sunny facility. Upscale. Grand piano and fireplaces. Is located on a usy street.

jbarmymom November 18, 2011

Very clean and all our very friendly

sean284 September 29, 2011

The staff at Emeritus is simply amazing! They are kind, compassionate, caring, and treat my Grandmother with the respect that she deserves. She is suffering from Alzheimer's and can be a bit of a challenge to take care of, but the staff is always very patient and understanding with her. The location of the facility is not necessarily the nicest or most tranquil unfortunately. It is located next to a busy road with cars zooming by at 45 mph day and night. It can sometimes be a bit of a distraction at night when my Grandma is trying to go to sleep. The facility grounds themselves are well maintained and include a nice sidewalk area where walks can be taken. Overall, I am very satisfied with the care my dear Grandmother receives everyday. I know she is being treated well and that gives me a great deal of peace of mind when I go to bed at night.

From Brookdale Medina South

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Medina South